Guns and deep thoughts make this best for older kids.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2013

Good movie for older kids

I thought this was a good movie for middle schoolers and up. There were some drinking scenes, and some violence (especially with Rattlesnake Jake) but nothing too big of a deal. I'd say this movie is ON for sixth grade and higher.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

WORST MOVIE!

DUMB!!!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrockhottie101@y... June 20, 2013

Not for kids, too mature, crude, sexual, and violent

I find this movie very offensive because of it's PG rating and Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. The Oscars sometimes don't know a great film from a terrible one, and this is a terrible one. I mean this film is filled with violence, rude, crude, and sexual humor, and smoking and drinking. And this is supposed to be a family film? Family film my feet! The MPAA does not know how to rate movies anymore. I watched this with my Mom and Dad and my mom was so offended at the over the top mature and offensive humor as well as the violence, she left the room. This is one, if not the worst, animated films I've ever seen. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! DO NOT LET KIDS WATCH ESPECIALLY!
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2013

Very slow.

This movie is really slow and is pretty "dry". Guns,swearing,and a brief showing of a graveyard make this an adult comedy. I know I'm a kid, but this wasn't really for me.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2013

Funny good, but best for over 8s

If you are looking for advice on whether to go see this film do not just seek advise from this website, the same website which called happy feet scary and violent. Great funny movie, best for 8+, only because of the use of guns and some 'unsuitable' parts for younger children.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bydjh December 21, 2012

Rango Is Little More Than A Gun Showdown

My 8 year old son found this movie funny, but I was bothered by the egregious amount of gun violence. Even the toughest of animals, a very fierce looking giant rattle snake had to be outfitted with a revolver for a tail. And at one point bullets came spewing out of the tail, machine gun style. I would not recommend this movie for any child under 10. Period. And I would discuss the use of guns as unnecessary and misguided anthropomorphism with a mature child.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2012

Terrible Movie

Really!!!!! For the first 10 minutes, the movie was good but then later it got worse and worse. It is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my whole life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Not for kids.

This is SUCH a redneck movie! They cuss on this horrible movie too! Very inaproprriate! Rango is the MOST OVERRATED MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCool Kid Reviewer December 1, 2012

One Word.... Ouch

This movie is NOT family and kids! Between all the drinking and smoking I surprised this isn't one of those animated movies that is PG13! On top of this the whole "message" was basically off of lying and manipulating. So my word of advice parents think twice before you let your kids see this.
Parent Written byHaywire November 22, 2012

Good for 8 and up

My Rating: PG for animated violence and language
Parent Written byRun boy run. November 2, 2012

I love this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) October 28, 2012

Rango

Violence: (PG) A lot of shooting. Language: (PG) Hell and d**m is used. Sex: (PG) Rango and beans flirt and make out. Drinking: (PG) A lot of the charatars drink. Smoking: (PG) The charatars smoke to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNot rated September 23, 2012

Rango

For older kids. Violence: There's some shooting in there. Language: The h word is used a lot and the d word is used once. Sex: Rango and Beans flirt and make out. Drinking: They drink whiskey. Smoking: They smoke cigars and cigarrettes. But good movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2012

Good, but overrated

I went to see this in the theaters with my family and it was pretty good. But it was not as good people said it was. Watch out; there's A LOT of violence!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 12, 2012

BAD! BAD! BAD!

Rango is a complete waste of time! Yucky animation,flat jokes,corny humor,ect.SECOND WORST MOVIE NEXT TO AFRICAN CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2012

Movie about water

I like it even know it might be inappropriate for kids under age 9
Parent Written byDyuti August 21, 2012

Too grown-up for under 10, but not as harmful as a lot of reviewers claim.

I just showed this (without knowing much about it) to a four year old girl, a five year old boy and a seven year old girl. The four year old left to go to her room after the creatures entered the town (the majority of the movie) because she liked the "desert" part. The seven year old came to sit by me once I realized that this is not really a kids movie and felt like I should be present while the rest of the kids watched. The five year old boy was intrigued. I found myself continually reminding the kids that it was an "Old West" movie, and that that's how it might have been during the days of cowboys. I felt like the kids were interested in the idea, but they honestly missed most of the language and themes. The big themes were easy to understand - a hawk chasing an iguana, a water shortage, good guys, bad guys, etc. But overall, the movie isn't really as much scary as it is nonsensical for young kids. They can potentially lose interest, but if their curiosity gets the better of them, they will watch it and NOT REALLY GET IT. I don't think it's any worse than showing your five year old Star Wars. A lot of it will go over their heads.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2012

WORST PG film EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This movie was HUGE disappointment! It should have been rated PG-13! NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! It uses cuss words "d*mn & H*ll" a lot. And the characters them selves are down right Scary!!! It also has a kissing sene that's too long and too detailed! This is the WORST PG film ever!!!!!!!!!!!! INAPPROPRIATE IN EVERY WAY!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

HORRIBLE

terrible!! i saw at the age of 9 and it was bad!! they say bad stuff such as h***; almost b**** and da** they kiss and it has some references kids under the age of 10 would not understand. oh and it is not educational or good for " family movie night" and there is no s/e/x in it i accidentally pressed that button. but its still bad!
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2012

Not a Good Movie for Younger Audiences

I overall enjoyed this movie, it was really good, but I'm 12 years old. I typically say for a younger audience, this movie would not be suitable. I find it disappointing it's rated PG and it's supposed to be a kid-friendly movie. If you watch the movie you'd realize that overall, this movie should have been rated PG-13, maybe I'm exaggerating. Violence- This movie has plenty of violence. Including a disturbing scene in the beginning with a road kill armadillo, who was still alive, which Rango had assist. There was lots of guns firing and a really scary snake (even for my mom!!!!!). Sexy stuff- Obviously Rango has a crush on Beans, but that's normal for a movie. Most movies today has some romance to them. Rango and Beans kiss twice, the first time resulting to Beans swallowing Rango's bullet. The only part that I'd seriously be concerned about is at the very beginning with the headless barbie torso. Did I mention it's naked. Rango flirts with it and asks if "those" are real, pointing to the barbie's chest. Language- This movie has a ton of language, which is a huge issue for younger kids who might think it's funny to repeat what their saying. Drinking and Smoking- There is a long scene in a bar. Where Rango tries various drinks, gets drunk, and tells everyone lies about his past. Lots of characters smoke throughout the movie. I would recommend taking kids 12 and up to see this movie. Anyone below that, you might want to warn about the language.