All member reviews for Rango

Guns and deep thoughts make this best for older kids.

Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 10, 10, and 18 year old Written byParentofwisdom August 25, 2013

Rango Is Too Violent And Has Persuasive Language with Guns

This Movie Is To Violent! We had a family movie night on netflix with My 10 year old and my other 10 year old and my husband. we watched this on netflix about 3 days ago which was are family movie night and this movie is PG! and it has lots of language! I thought since it was animated and it was a family movie this would not happen! this should have been PG-13! it's too violent! uses of H**L, D*M and other humor! this is off for my kids! my kids don't use any language but its teaching them it! and there is guns!
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2013

Good movie for older kids

I thought this was a good movie for middle schoolers and up. There were some drinking scenes, and some violence (especially with Rattlesnake Jake) but nothing too big of a deal. I'd say this movie is ON for sixth grade and higher.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

WORST MOVIE!

DUMB!!!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byrockhottie101@y... June 20, 2013

Not for kids, too mature, crude, sexual, and violent

I find this movie very offensive because of it's PG rating and Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. The Oscars sometimes don't know a great film from a terrible one, and this is a terrible one. I mean this film is filled with violence, rude, crude, and sexual humor, and smoking and drinking. And this is supposed to be a family film? Family film my feet! The MPAA does not know how to rate movies anymore. I watched this with my Mom and Dad and my mom was so offended at the over the top mature and offensive humor as well as the violence, she left the room. This is one, if not the worst, animated films I've ever seen. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! DO NOT LET KIDS WATCH ESPECIALLY!
Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2013

Very slow.

This movie is really slow and is pretty "dry". Guns,swearing,and a brief showing of a graveyard make this an adult comedy. I know I'm a kid, but this wasn't really for me.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2013

Funny good, but best for over 8s

If you are looking for advice on whether to go see this film do not just seek advise from this website, the same website which called happy feet scary and violent. Great funny movie, best for 8+, only because of the use of guns and some 'unsuitable' parts for younger children.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bydjh December 21, 2012

Rango Is Little More Than A Gun Showdown

My 8 year old son found this movie funny, but I was bothered by the egregious amount of gun violence. Even the toughest of animals, a very fierce looking giant rattle snake had to be outfitted with a revolver for a tail. And at one point bullets came spewing out of the tail, machine gun style. I would not recommend this movie for any child under 10. Period. And I would discuss the use of guns as unnecessary and misguided anthropomorphism with a mature child.
Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2012

Terrible Movie

Really!!!!! For the first 10 minutes, the movie was good but then later it got worse and worse. It is one of the worst movies I have ever seen in my whole life.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Not for kids.

This is SUCH a redneck movie! They cuss on this horrible movie too! Very inaproprriate! Rango is the MOST OVERRATED MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCool Kid Reviewer December 1, 2012

One Word.... Ouch

This movie is NOT family and kids! Between all the drinking and smoking I surprised this isn't one of those animated movies that is PG13! On top of this the whole "message" was basically off of lying and manipulating. So my word of advice parents think twice before you let your kids see this.
Parent Written byHaywire November 22, 2012

Good for 8 and up

My Rating: PG for animated violence and language
Parent Written byRun boy run. November 2, 2012

I love this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) October 28, 2012

Rango

Violence: (PG) A lot of shooting. Language: (PG) Hell and d**m is used. Sex: (PG) Rango and beans flirt and make out. Drinking: (PG) A lot of the charatars drink. Smoking: (PG) The charatars smoke to.
Teen, 13 years old Written by64 September 30, 2012

Rango

Best for older kids because they were shooting at each other they said h word and and d word Rango and Beans make out Rango and the frog drink whiskey and smoke. But its my favorite movie. My rating: PG for Violence, Language, Crude humor, Drinking, and Smoking.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNot rated September 23, 2012

Rango

For older kids. Violence: There's some shooting in there. Language: The h word is used a lot and the d word is used once. Sex: Rango and Beans flirt and make out. Drinking: They drink whiskey. Smoking: They smoke cigars and cigarrettes. But good movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2012

Good, but overrated

I went to see this in the theaters with my family and it was pretty good. But it was not as good people said it was. Watch out; there's A LOT of violence!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 12, 2012

BAD! BAD! BAD!

Rango is a complete waste of time! Yucky animation,flat jokes,corny humor,ect.SECOND WORST MOVIE NEXT TO AFRICAN CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySB-12 September 10, 2012

Rango

It's my favorite movie but it might be a little inappropriate for kids under age of 8, 9, or 10
Kid, 12 years old September 10, 2012

Movie about water

I like it even know it might be inappropriate for kids under age 9
Parent Written byDyuti August 21, 2012

Too grown-up for under 10, but not as harmful as a lot of reviewers claim.

I just showed this (without knowing much about it) to a four year old girl, a five year old boy and a seven year old girl. The four year old left to go to her room after the creatures entered the town (the majority of the movie) because she liked the "desert" part. The seven year old came to sit by me once I realized that this is not really a kids movie and felt like I should be present while the rest of the kids watched. The five year old boy was intrigued. I found myself continually reminding the kids that it was an "Old West" movie, and that that's how it might have been during the days of cowboys. I felt like the kids were interested in the idea, but they honestly missed most of the language and themes. The big themes were easy to understand - a hawk chasing an iguana, a water shortage, good guys, bad guys, etc. But overall, the movie isn't really as much scary as it is nonsensical for young kids. They can potentially lose interest, but if their curiosity gets the better of them, they will watch it and NOT REALLY GET IT. I don't think it's any worse than showing your five year old Star Wars. A lot of it will go over their heads.