All member reviews for Rango

Guns and deep thoughts make this best for older kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSuperSaiyan August 7, 2012

Why the swearing?

Don't get me wrong, Rango is quite a good movie, but I was surprised. The violence wasn't the most appropriate, and how can you use language like that in an animated KIDS movie? Sorry paramount, but try again more appropriately.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

I WOULD YOU GIVE IT HALF A STAR IF I COULD

I WOULD NOT BOTHER BUT I AM 9 IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE IT MITE BE GOOD TO HIM
Educator and Parent Written bySoFlaMe July 26, 2012

Worst Movie EVER

WORST movie I have ever seen. It was just torturous to sit through- I was looking at my watch 45 minutes in and it just dragged on and on, getting worse and worse. The animation is impressive, but the characters are grotesquely ugly and they're weirdly boring and flat- like the actors couldn't care less. It was incredibly violent- everyone (even the children in this movie) has a gun and there's a scene near the end with a very scary giant rattlesnake bad guy. The language is inappropriate for kids as well- I really think it should have been rated PG-13 and definitely NOT marketed as a kids' movie. I have seen reviews on other sites (Netflix) from parents who said they didn't think the language was a big deal- those are probably the parents of the kids in your neighborhood you refer to as "THOSE kids". Even if it weren't marketed as a kid-flick, I would still give it one star; it was boring, not funny, tedious, badly acted and just a hot mess from beginning to end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNate37 July 21, 2012

Rango

I thought Rango was a good movie. Not sure why some many people are hating it. There is lots of violence for an animated film, with guns, explotions, and knives, and there are even a few deaths. Catcus juice is meant as a drug, but little kids probably won't get it, and older ones will just find it funny. A surprising amount of language for an animated film as well. But the whole movie is funny, creative, and sometimes a little wierd, but if you like that sort of thing, than it's good for 10-11 and up.
Kid, 9 years old July 3, 2012

Epic Fail of a Movie

I think that it was a horrible movie!!!! Way too much violence, bad language, kissing, and inappropriate jokes. Also I completely disagree with hair mom. My little brother (age 7) didn't like the movie. It was way to violent for a PG movie. The characters were so scary and ugly, it made some of the little kids in the theatre cry. At least we saw it for free, but I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2012

Great

I really liked this movie. My 13 year old brother, 8 year old sister, my mom and I all watched this movie together. My brother said it was okay, my sister kept on asking me what was going on (though she also really liked it) , however my mom and I were very happy with everything.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 30, 2012

FUN BUT VERY INTENSE!

This movie is actually pretty good, but it is also pretty violent for a PG movie. There are a lot of guns, including pistols and machine guns. There's also plenty of language too. Some characters are shown being dead or killed. Yeah, this movie is pretty intense, but I have to admit that the computer graphics are truly impressive! Fans of Western movies will like this movie! Parents, if your kids ages 9 and under want to see this movie, just remind them about the amount of violence in it!
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2012

Definatly not a must.

I watched this movie with my little brothers, one 9 and the other...4. I wish they weren't there. Good thing they don't understand movies like this. Here: I didn't want to watch this movie but my dad bought it as a surprise. I think the starting scene was funny, but the rest of the movie I was under the table. This Movie is gripping, because I couldn't stop watching. Either from IT actually being GRIPPING or I didn't want to be a baby. Eh, I should've left. Anyway: Violence: Tons of it, A frog gets taken by a hawk. Plenty of characters are shot. Practically everyone has a gun. The violence isn't gory, but scenes are realistic. Theres a guy with an arrow stuck in his head. That is...just...really disgusting. Sex: Jokes about breasts, Naked of what seems like a barbie doll. Language: Lot's of it I wouldn't want to say. It includes a frog getting picked up and almost say So- of a- Then gets taken away before he could finish. Drinking: Many secondary characters are druck. Also, I think Rango drinks the movie's version of alchohol.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

This movie sucks!

This is one of the most suckish movies i've ever seen! My sisters LOVED it but I was bored to death.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog May 24, 2012

the WORST movie i have ever seen next to the vow,

dont watch it!!!bad movie,it swears,has sexual stuff,and consumerism,and drinking.horrible choice.awful
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 May 6, 2012

Rango? More like Rotten Mango!

This movie is terrible, with it's foul language and it's blasphemous religious act towards something. Don't see it. Not even without your kids. It's a waste of time.
Kid, 6 years old May 4, 2012

Movie for Younger ages?

I think that Rango is a perfect movie for the younger kids. It also has a positive message! It is a powerful story. Also there is nothing that could possibly wrong with this movie. The names are creative, all the way to the characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover May 1, 2012

Good Parts and Bad Parts

Great movie, a really good take on westerns. There was a good deal of language, stuff like d**n, hell, and even b**ch, which is not heard over the cry of a hawk. A lot of shooting and guns, which is typical of a western, and when Rango walks into the saloon, there is smoking, drinking, and card playing going on. Plenty of humor, though not all of it is for younger kids. Some kissing. Overall plenty of fun, but best for ages 8 and up.
Kid, 8 years old April 14, 2012

This is VERY VERY VIOLENT!

Ok, when the trailers first came on TV, I was like "Oh! I want to see that movie!" But my mom didn't, but she got me the DVD because it was about a LIZARD. It does not matter if the movie's about an animal! I watched it with my 16-year old cousin, and we were BOTH terrified! I was screaming, and I had to hold a stuffed animal. My cousin was vomiting. And, the Indian scene, I feel sorry for my Grandma, who is half Native American! Then, me and my cousin burned the DVD, And threw the DVD case onto the road. I explained to my parents, and now, They will never let me watch Rango again. Stay FAR away from this movie!
Parent Written byhollylandon April 14, 2012

Makes Me Mad

Honestly I'm not sure this should be considered a kids movie at all. It is pretty inappropriate, very violent, and uses language not suitable for any kid. For those who are not as aware,such as my son's father, it can be deceiving. He let our 6 year old watch it on Net Flix under the category "Just for kids" and didn't think twice about it until I found out and talked to him about it. He thought G-PG rating was a good enough gauge and obviously it isn't.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoneWolf13148 April 9, 2012

Who Was this Made For?!?!?

Many reviews say "Not for kids!" or "+13" I'm 14 and this movie was really bad! You might like it if you are into animation or like western style but I truely hated it. The only good thing about this movie was that Johnny Depp stared in it. 5 stars for Johnny Depp and a great big "Boo" to the film makers. Horrible job advertising this movie on childrens T.V stations and then flipping it around to be for adults. Teens hated it... Children cant watch it... So why exactly is an animation about a lizard who swears supposed to be for any teen, adult, or child? NOT recommended.
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

pointless animated western movie

Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2012

see it!!!

I loved this movie. I think other people should see it.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2012

Rango

I thought this movie was spectacular. The animation is photo-realistic and even beautiful at some times. This movie is not for kids though, there is a lot of violence and scary imagery. This movie is still wonderful and very dramatic. I think most of these people are being too over dramatic. A twelve year old can get through this fine. If your younger kid is tough, you can give this a watch.
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2012

A movie with lots of inappropriate behavior

This movie was a total waste of time.This movie even has bad words,drinking, smoking,and lots of violence in it.This movie is NOT FOR KIDS!!!