All member reviews for Rango

Guns and deep thoughts make this best for older kids.

Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2012

WORST PG film EVER!!!!!!!!!!

This movie was HUGE disappointment! It should have been rated PG-13! NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! It uses cuss words "d*mn & H*ll" a lot. And the characters them selves are down right Scary!!! It also has a kissing sene that's too long and too detailed! This is the WORST PG film ever!!!!!!!!!!!! INAPPROPRIATE IN EVERY WAY!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2012

HORRIBLE

terrible!! i saw at the age of 9 and it was bad!! they say bad stuff such as h***; almost b**** and da** they kiss and it has some references kids under the age of 10 would not understand. oh and it is not educational or good for " family movie night" and there is no s/e/x in it i accidentally pressed that button. but its still bad!
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2012

Not a Good Movie for Younger Audiences

I overall enjoyed this movie, it was really good, but I'm 12 years old. I typically say for a younger audience, this movie would not be suitable. I find it disappointing it's rated PG and it's supposed to be a kid-friendly movie. If you watch the movie you'd realize that overall, this movie should have been rated PG-13, maybe I'm exaggerating. Violence- This movie has plenty of violence. Including a disturbing scene in the beginning with a road kill armadillo, who was still alive, which Rango had assist. There was lots of guns firing and a really scary snake (even for my mom!!!!!). Sexy stuff- Obviously Rango has a crush on Beans, but that's normal for a movie. Most movies today has some romance to them. Rango and Beans kiss twice, the first time resulting to Beans swallowing Rango's bullet. The only part that I'd seriously be concerned about is at the very beginning with the headless barbie torso. Did I mention it's naked. Rango flirts with it and asks if "those" are real, pointing to the barbie's chest. Language- This movie has a ton of language, which is a huge issue for younger kids who might think it's funny to repeat what their saying. Drinking and Smoking- There is a long scene in a bar. Where Rango tries various drinks, gets drunk, and tells everyone lies about his past. Lots of characters smoke throughout the movie. I would recommend taking kids 12 and up to see this movie. Anyone below that, you might want to warn about the language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheSuperSaiyan August 7, 2012

Why the swearing?

Don't get me wrong, Rango is quite a good movie, but I was surprised. The violence wasn't the most appropriate, and how can you use language like that in an animated KIDS movie? Sorry paramount, but try again more appropriately.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

I WOULD YOU GIVE IT HALF A STAR IF I COULD

I WOULD NOT BOTHER BUT I AM 9 IF YOU HAVE A LITTLE IT MITE BE GOOD TO HIM
Teen, 14 years old Written byNate37 July 21, 2012

Rango

I thought Rango was a good movie. Not sure why some many people are hating it. There is lots of violence for an animated film, with guns, explotions, and knives, and there are even a few deaths. Catcus juice is meant as a drug, but little kids probably won't get it, and older ones will just find it funny. A surprising amount of language for an animated film as well. But the whole movie is funny, creative, and sometimes a little wierd, but if you like that sort of thing, than it's good for 10-11 and up.
Kid, 9 years old July 3, 2012

Epic Fail of a Movie

I think that it was a horrible movie!!!! Way too much violence, bad language, kissing, and inappropriate jokes. Also I completely disagree with hair mom. My little brother (age 7) didn't like the movie. It was way to violent for a PG movie. The characters were so scary and ugly, it made some of the little kids in the theatre cry. At least we saw it for free, but I wouldn't waste my time if I were you.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2012

Great

I really liked this movie. My 13 year old brother, 8 year old sister, my mom and I all watched this movie together. My brother said it was okay, my sister kept on asking me what was going on (though she also really liked it) , however my mom and I were very happy with everything.
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 30, 2012

FUN BUT VERY INTENSE!

This movie is actually pretty good, but it is also pretty violent for a PG movie. There are a lot of guns, including pistols and machine guns. There's also plenty of language too. Some characters are shown being dead or killed. Yeah, this movie is pretty intense, but I have to admit that the computer graphics are truly impressive! Fans of Western movies will like this movie! Parents, if your kids ages 9 and under want to see this movie, just remind them about the amount of violence in it!
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2012

Definatly not a must.

I watched this movie with my little brothers, one 9 and the other...4. I wish they weren't there. Good thing they don't understand movies like this. Here: I didn't want to watch this movie but my dad bought it as a surprise. I think the starting scene was funny, but the rest of the movie I was under the table. This Movie is gripping, because I couldn't stop watching. Either from IT actually being GRIPPING or I didn't want to be a baby. Eh, I should've left. Anyway: Violence: Tons of it, A frog gets taken by a hawk. Plenty of characters are shot. Practically everyone has a gun. The violence isn't gory, but scenes are realistic. Theres a guy with an arrow stuck in his head. That is...just...really disgusting. Sex: Jokes about breasts, Naked of what seems like a barbie doll. Language: Lot's of it I wouldn't want to say. It includes a frog getting picked up and almost say So- of a- Then gets taken away before he could finish. Drinking: Many secondary characters are druck. Also, I think Rango drinks the movie's version of alchohol.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

This movie sucks!

This is one of the most suckish movies i've ever seen! My sisters LOVED it but I was bored to death.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog May 24, 2012

the WORST movie i have ever seen next to the vow,

dont watch it!!!bad movie,it swears,has sexual stuff,and consumerism,and drinking.horrible choice.awful
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 May 6, 2012

Rango? More like Rotten Mango!

This movie is terrible, with it's foul language and it's blasphemous religious act towards something. Don't see it. Not even without your kids. It's a waste of time.
Kid, 6 years old May 4, 2012

Movie for Younger ages?

I think that Rango is a perfect movie for the younger kids. It also has a positive message! It is a powerful story. Also there is nothing that could possibly wrong with this movie. The names are creative, all the way to the characters.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover May 1, 2012

Good Parts and Bad Parts

Great movie, a really good take on westerns. There was a good deal of language, stuff like d**n, hell, and even b**ch, which is not heard over the cry of a hawk. A lot of shooting and guns, which is typical of a western, and when Rango walks into the saloon, there is smoking, drinking, and card playing going on. Plenty of humor, though not all of it is for younger kids. Some kissing. Overall plenty of fun, but best for ages 8 and up.
Kid, 8 years old April 14, 2012

This is VERY VERY VIOLENT!

Ok, when the trailers first came on TV, I was like "Oh! I want to see that movie!" But my mom didn't, but she got me the DVD because it was about a LIZARD. It does not matter if the movie's about an animal! I watched it with my 16-year old cousin, and we were BOTH terrified! I was screaming, and I had to hold a stuffed animal. My cousin was vomiting. And, the Indian scene, I feel sorry for my Grandma, who is half Native American! Then, me and my cousin burned the DVD, And threw the DVD case onto the road. I explained to my parents, and now, They will never let me watch Rango again. Stay FAR away from this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoneWolf13148 April 9, 2012

Who Was this Made For?!?!?

Many reviews say "Not for kids!" or "+13" I'm 14 and this movie was really bad! You might like it if you are into animation or like western style but I truely hated it. The only good thing about this movie was that Johnny Depp stared in it. 5 stars for Johnny Depp and a great big "Boo" to the film makers. Horrible job advertising this movie on childrens T.V stations and then flipping it around to be for adults. Teens hated it... Children cant watch it... So why exactly is an animation about a lizard who swears supposed to be for any teen, adult, or child? NOT recommended.
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

pointless animated western movie

Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2012

see it!!!

I loved this movie. I think other people should see it.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2012

Rango

I thought this movie was spectacular. The animation is photo-realistic and even beautiful at some times. This movie is not for kids though, there is a lot of violence and scary imagery. This movie is still wonderful and very dramatic. I think most of these people are being too over dramatic. A twelve year old can get through this fine. If your younger kid is tough, you can give this a watch.