All member reviews for Real Steel

Predictable but fun fight movie has lots of robot action.

Adult Written byDouglas123 October 10, 2011

What is up will all the swearing Disney??????

Loved the movie but VERY DISAPPOINTED with the swearing, even the 11 year old was using b*tch and a**hole. Walt would role in his grave! Totally unnecessary for what could have been a great family movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byXguitarzX October 15, 2011

one of the best ive seen in a while!! (:

I absolutely loved this movie and would definitely go see it again! It related to the movie rocky in a lot of ways too and was very entertaining. but there were some words used like s***, a**, and b***h even by the 11 year old and a couple scenes with alcohol(hence the pg-13 rating), but other than that it wasn't bad. the violence wasnt too intense for a boxing movie, but there was a part where Charlie(Hugh Jackman) is beat up by 3 other characters. the rest of the violence is just boxing robots, as expected. the sexual behavior wasnt too much of a concern, but there were scenes with girls in skimpy outfits and also a kissing scene. the consumerism throughout the movie was mostly ads in the arenas and other places you would expect ads to be. and though there are a few bad role models, there are also plenty of good role models and important lessons with positive messages. overall, i think this is a great movie for families with kids ages 10 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBONES&BOOTH4EVER October 10, 2011

good, fun movie!

This movie was really clever how it played things out. Although predictable, it was quite sweet and rly fun to watch! There is some swearing including "s--t" used a couple times, but the movie itself is completely fine. Really worth watching!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycritical1234 October 9, 2011

great movie language is a problem

This movie is great.When I took my 11 year old brother to it he loved it. Good father son movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 25, 2014
Adult Written bythehandyman August 11, 2014

Disappointed

Its sad, it could be a great clean movie with cool action, but it isn't. The swearing is completely overdone, the father swears, the son swears (and he's only like 10-12). Their relationship is lousy, the father doesn't love the son, and the son is completely rebellious to the father. Later on the father kind of tries to tell the son he loves him and they kind of become friends, not really a father-son relationship, more like friend-friend relationship. The son never repents of his rebellious attitude/actions toward the father. The fighting scenes were good, but really you need like TVG for this movie, if it works. The story is kind of like the movie Rocky but with a twist.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
If your into transformer type movies with cheesy action, annoying kids unoriginal and stupid stories as well as a forced father/son relationship that will make you cringe. This ones for you
Teen, 13 years old Written byReviewsFrom13 July 16, 2013

Real Steel -RF13

This film is light and I believe any kid (no matter the age) could definitely enjoy this movie. Language isn't a problem, and the violence is just through robots. This film is good with a family.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byBruinsmama October 21, 2011

Hugh Jackman + Robots= Happy Mom, Happy Kid!

I found the setup at the start a bit slow & drawn out, but it DID aid inthe character development that left us cheering at the end! A real BOYS' movie with some yummy Hugh Jackman thrown in for the Moms! It was fun, go see it!
Parent Written byChris44 October 18, 2011

The longest commercial I've ever sat through

Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Very violent, destructive film has special effects but nothing else.

my rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence.
Written byAnonymous February 12, 2015

Thrilling sci-fi has lots of action

My rating: PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence and action,brief sexuality and some language
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2014

Predictable, but awesome!

Occasional use of b----, s---, and a--, but it's very good! I highly recommend it, but some scenes may be to obscene for kids under the age of 10.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Not bad, but really predictable

Violence- 3 (Lots of robot boxing, some blood, and in one scene a man and his son are beaten up)
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2014

See it

Pretty cool not much sex or violence just robots fighting and there is some swearing like f--k s--t a-- but it is still a very good movie you should see it
Adult Written byengk916 January 11, 2014

Entertaining fun, with the teeny smidge of inappropriate language

My 9yo son loved this movie. I was a bit concerned about the intense fight scenes and foul language, but it was minimal. Our 6yo daughter watched it too and the language (probably 5 or 6 words total in the 2hr movie) went right over her head. The plot was predictable, with a happy ending.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2013

To much cussing for kids

my fav movie but they cuss ALOT they say the s word
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Should we watch this?

It has good robot fights and really cool. You should watch it, it is a good movie and lots of action.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

Kid cuises

It's okay for 11 year olds, but not 8 year olds. The kid in the movies says the h word and the a word like 4 times on one part.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteenreviewer001 September 28, 2013