All teen and kid member reviews for Real Steel

Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2012

Robot Brawling and Father-Son Bonding

Review by rsm2.This movie is inspiring and about father-son bonding.There is lots of violence and swearing, though. Robots heads are severed and there is some hand to hand combat between real people. Still, this movie is very good and I recommend seeing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 November 7, 2012

Very Good

Very good movie. I love this movie and all others where near the end, it seems like the main characters life is over. (In this, it is when Ricky takes all of Charlie's money, and Max goes to like with Debra and Marvin. Then, there is a twist.) This happens in 21 Jump Street and Avatar, to name a few. The first 2 or 3 times you watch this, it is very new, fresh, and exciting. After that, it gets a little dry and boring.
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

Awesome film, great story, but deserves it's PG-13 rating.

This is a Disney movie, but instead of being an animated tale with positive messages, It's a violent and a greatunderdog story. Simply put, you have to see this film. This might seem like your typical movie, but it's not. It's a great film, though a mature one. You have violent robot battles, some cussing, even from the kid, and tons of product placement.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfantasylife13 June 14, 2012

Best boxing movie ever!!

The movie was absolutely fantastic! I did not expect it to be this good.There is some mild language, and barely any violence except for one human fighting scene, and there was alot of money dealing. The movie overall shows this relationship between father and son and the son wants to fix up this robot and just get him to fight. It shows both their determination and i thought that was very toucing. The movie is very epic, and i was just glued to the screen. I would definitely recommend this movie! Real Steel is awesome!
Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2012

"Real Steel" Review

I enjoyed this movie, although it wasn't amazing. I did not want to see it at first, but it turned out better than a had thought. There is some inappropriate language and a lot of robot fighting, but there are no terrible injuries or blood and gore. I liked the music they used during one of the fight scenes. It does also teach some values.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 May 10, 2012

real steel

this is an amazing movie thats all i can say
Kid, 6 years old April 4, 2012

REAL STEEL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is very action packed and I am just like the little kid in it. I think it is a good movie and pushes across a good point. The point is that if something is old and out of date you shouldn't give up on it. P.S. I am 13 years old not 6 and YA BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old March 31, 2012

Awesome Movie

This was my first PG-13 movie!I think it is a great movie. They cuss a lot though(11).That is the only bad thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 21, 2012

POW!

very epic robot flick is both exciting and sad. there is some mild cleveage, lots of bad language, and enough product placements that make the Super Bowl look like a wimpy yard sale.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 March 6, 2012

Dumb movie

It was one of the most disappointing movies I have ever seen, it was so boring and nothing exited happened throughout the whole movie. Not to mention it ripped off the movie *Rocky*
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 25, 2012

boxing movies are so much fun

this movie is great for older kids, but lots of boxing violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwalkeratCSM February 18, 2012

Careful! Violent, even though it's the robots being torn apart

I read somewhere, probably in one of Common Sense Media's articles because it sounds like something they'd say, that back in the 1980s the violence level for R-rated movies was the same for today's PG-13. I have never seen a 1980s R-rated movie, but I instinctively know that CSM hasn't failed to be wrong. Especially with this movie. And that's all that "Real Steal" seems to be about: violence, adults and little kids swearing their mouths off, past relationships, and dead beat role models. Even though 85% of the violence involves robots - big, bulky robots mind you - it is still terrifying, though less terrifying than the thought that this has probably been watched by millions of kids younger than twelve. Robots' heads get smashed to crumpled parts, "limbs" get torn off, robots beat and tear at each other. Oh, and there's one scene where a guy that the main character owes money to, and apparently much more, comes and beats him up with some baseball bat-armed cronies and tries to take his kid away. On top of that, there is infrequent, yet noticeable, swearing, from the ex-boxer dad to a six year-old girl (if I remember right). The main character most obviously drinks away his financial sorrows at night when he as any pennies to spare for it. Consumerism? Well, I noticed that there were signs around a boxing arena advertising for Bing, and the main character had a phone that looked like an iPhone. As for sex, a lot of the women at the boxing matches dressed immodestly; the main character has a friendship with benefits with the woman who runs the gym that he runs to whenever he's doing some black-market enterprise to get another robot. I wouldn't always say that there are good messages - it's a movie that's earning its bread almost solely on the violence - but the writers, possibly without meaning to, made a point that our society, around the movie's futuristic setting of 2020-something, would have morally degraded to the point that the boxing we see on TV for our entertainment, restricted by sport rules and dwindling morals, would not be satisfying to our eyes for violence, so robots stepped in to take over the boxing business, since they could tear each other apart and not be killing any living beings. I think that was the most worthwhile part of the movie, the subtle message of moral degradation concerning violence. It made me think earnestly of the Hunger Games. In the whole movie, the name Real Steel was used only once, as a name for a violent competition of robots. Seems relatable to the large unimportance of the whole film, except to fill our desires for violence, even with the quiet, possibly accidental, point that by 2020 our morals concerning violence would have steadily disappeared to the point where we looked to robots to tear themselves apart for our own entertainment. I suggest that if your kid, whatever age they be, sees this, that you make that point clear, because the movie didn't do a very good job of that.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2012

Real Steel

Real Steel is a really nice movie. It will keep you on your seat for the whole flick. The movie has some dirty places and lots of cussing and the movie does not have exactly intense fighting but it is mild. Overall Real Steel Is A Great Movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 24, 2012

gfftfdr

robots in action is a fun movie for action fans
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2012

Real steel

I thought real steel was a very good movie. There was lots of robot action and fighting. There is no sexy stuff except a few smooches. There is language throughout the movie. There is some drinking such as at matches. Overall I thought real steel was a fun robot movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byratdog586 January 13, 2012

awesome robot action with great actors but best for kids 13 and up

this Hugh jackman movie is one of the best i've seen with awesome action but may be too violent for kids under 13 the story is great and i would recammend this to anyone that wishes to see it by the right age.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2011

atom atom atom

next generation rocky i hope this movie come true on for everyone if your kid does not point out the swearing or repeats it
Teen, 13 years old Written byIjustwasted2hours November 14, 2011

I DID NOT WASTE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE

Great overall movie! The only thing which I did not enjoy was the child actor, he felt fake and was annoying to watch. But the action was not bloody, and it was a great PG-13 movie! I DID NOT WASTE 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE!
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2011

F-

sounds horrible harry potter and the deathly hallows sounds better and this movie looks like it was never needed i give it an F-
Teen, 17 years old Written bybowling360 November 11, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!!! HECK YEAH

i think this movie was very good. although there was many uses of language like the d-word 2 times, s**t 4 times and a** 6 times. although this movie has great messages for kids like never give up and it is not who you are outside it is who you are inside your heart.