All member reviews for Rear Window

Hitchcock masterpiece stars peeping Jimmy Stewart.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2011

Mind twisting

I liked it, but twiste your mind.
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2009

GO ALFRED

YOU ROCK I KNOW YR DEAD BUT YOU STILL ROCK AND I LOVE YOUR MOVIES AND THIS IS ONE OF YR BEST YET YOU RULE (THROWS CONFETTI FOR ALFRED HITCHCOCK)THE SUSPENSE IN THIS MOVIE WAS GREAT THE ACTORS ARE AWESOME TOO (GRACE KELLY!)THIS MOVIE RRRRRROCKS
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 6, 2009

No "Rebecca" or "Vertigo" by any means

But I still was very much held in suspense. It is a marvelous thing, all these Hitchcock movies, and how all of them were nearly perfect in all senses of the word. Not meant for children less than, I'd say 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjowzers April 27, 2013

Great Movie Depending on Child

I saw this movie when I was about ten years old and loved it. It was a bit scary so be aware depending on your child.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNiall's Girlfriend April 12, 2013

Best Hitchcock :)

I love this movie it's my favorite Hitchcock. It's adventurous but not perverted. Barely any of my friends have heard of it having preferred more popular ones like The Birds or Psycho.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMockingjay333 September 22, 2012

I LOVE Rear Window!!!

Rear Window is an amazing movie! I had no idea what the heck it was at first, my mom and me watched it together when I was 11 or 12. But the minute we got a little ways into it, and I really got into it, I realized I really, really love this movie! It's super suspenseful, but not really scary, and there's absolutely no blood showed, but it is implied. One women tries to kill her self by overdose of pills, and there's only a few kisses. Speaking of that, I love Grace Kelly, who plays Lisa. Who else could be so poised and elegant, and yet be able to climb a ladder and be in a struggle and still be so graceful and gorgeous! She is now one of my favorite actresses and Rear Window is now one of my favorite movies!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycharlie.rainbow July 8, 2012

Kept Me On My Toes :D

Very Suspenseful! This movie is a GREAT mystery and it is to be enjoyed by all. However, I did get a little scared at some parts. It is funny and it keeps you up, biting your nails.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 March 16, 2010

Great family suspense movie

My parents showed me this movie recently. At first I was scared because they told me it was a murder mystery but there is no blood shown at all. A large saw is shown but it is clean. I loved it and it was super interesting! The way it is filmed is really cool and fun to watch because it is showing everything from outside the building. The characters are fun (even though the main character is kinda a stalker), too! Any kid 8+ should enjoy this movie!
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

Great for 10+

As an 11-year-old who can get scared rather easily and who just finished the movie a few hours ago, I think that any 10-year-old would love it. Though I thought it was very suspenseful, and a little creepy at times (such as the rolled up mattress), nothing actually shown on screen was all that scary. I'd recommend it to any kid 10 and/or above for sure!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares April 13, 2009

Besides Notorious, this is my favorite Hitchcock film.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 25, 2009

A Thrilling and Old-Fashoined Thriller!

If your kids want to see a cool thriller, but you are cautious around big-budget slasher flicks, rent this from Blockbuster and watch it together on a Friday night. Everyone will enjoy themselves, and you won't have to worry about what they're seeing, as this film has little sex, language, and no violence. Language consists of some "hells" and few "d**n"s. There is some playful sexual innuendo between Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly (it isn't exactly beating around the bush, but it isn't vulgar at all) that runs along the lines of her spending the night and there only being one bed. A beautiful ballerina exercises in her underwear, and a man attempts to force himself on an unnamed girl (it appears to be more of an embrace gone too far than an attempted rape).
Written byAnonymous June 27, 2015

Thrilling but dark Hitchcock flick isn't for young kids

My rating:PG-13 for violence,langauge,sexual content and disturbing images
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 September 8, 2013

one of Hitchcock's best, but also one of his most suspenseful

this tense, fast-paced, and overall thrilling movie is one of Hitchcock's better films, along with The Birds and Dial M for Murder. with constant mystery and threat surrounding the 3 characters as they work to solve a murder from a man's apartment, this film will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. but a particularly scary scene and implied killing make this a better fit for older kids. the murder doesn't happen onscreen, but it's clear what happens, with screaming and broken glass. a dog is killed off-screen and we see it's dead body. a man tries to push another man out a window, with the victim breaking his other leg. the scary scene mentioned above includes quietness punctuated by footsteps in a dark room. in lighter scenes, a ballerina dances some sensually in her open room, and the main villain smokes cigars.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJaysnake April 10, 2012

Really good and suspenseful

Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2011

MUST - WATCH

Wonderful movie, though the concept of spying on neighbors and murder might be a little much. My little sis (7) was a little bored at the beginning. She was waiting for the murder mystery part. I enjoyed every second of it. (She did too)
Adult Written bymoorehead December 20, 2010

A great movie

One of Hitchcock's greatest movies and one of James Stewart's best movies. Suspensful and well done. I watch it over and over.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymongofa September 20, 2010

it was good, but i had to high expectations

Jimmy Stuart and Grace Kelly were great! I like how the whole movie played out in the apartment. I was expecting there to be a more thrilling ending but other than that it was good
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010

well if you have seen the movie disturbia it is very similar to it I am a huge alfred hitchcock fan and i have watched all of his movies
Kid, 9 years old May 14, 2010

awesome

It was good
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

One of the best movies ever. OK for older kids.

I saw Rear Window when I was about 10, and even though it scared me a little, I absolutely loved it. This still remains one of my favorite movies - nail-biting suspense, plenty of quirky Hitchcockian details, and charming characters. A masterpiece!