All member reviews for Red 2

Teen, 16 years old Written byeragondeyja July 24, 2013

Amusing action movie, that lives up to it's prequel.

R.E.D 2 is a really good movie. With it's non stop comic action from the beginning to the end it does not disappoint. The lead characters have given a great performance as usual, making this movie as entertaining or probably better than the first. Anyone of 14 years and above can see this film. There is non stop violence throughout the movie such as a woman making a man gag by pressing his throat with her feet and also a scene involving a woman drowning a man in acid (it must be noted that nothing graphic is shown. Only the writhing of the man's legs are shown). Apart from this, there are continuous gun fights, fist fights, explosions etc. Bad Language is used often in the movie but nothing is too serious. Language mainly includes name calling, scatological references and other mild obscenities. There is only one use of F**k. Otherwise the only offensive language is stereotypical references to russians, french etc. There is slight drinking. Nudity and sexual content is not a problem. There is only one shot of a woman in a bikini and a line or two that are mildly sexual in nature. On the whole, this a great and entertaining movie for people who are of 14 years and above.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGaberdoodle July 21, 2013

Awesome Action, Mild Language

I saw this with my cousins and it was a blast! Tons of fun and totally action packed. The following will show you whether or not to see it by each category (1 being the least amount and 10 being the worst amount). Sex/nudity - 3/10 - A man talks to another man about his wife shaving her legs. A man hug another man from behind while on the ground and the other guy says "Is that a stick of dynamite in your pocket?" Catherine Zeta-Jones wears some mildly revealing dresses. A man talks about how sexy a woman is. Byung Hun Lee is shirtless for about 30 seconds. Violence - 7/10 - Lots of gunplay and shooting things up. Often buildings and cars are left in ruins. In one scene, a man kills other men with just office supplies like hanging them with their own rifle strap and pushing giant metal boxes on their heads). Two car chase scenes. Some hand-to-hand action which include kicking, punching, and mild blood. People shoot many, many soldiers in buildings and leave a high body count. There is a nuclear explosion. Constant shooting and explosions. Profanity - 5/10 - One F word (although it is hard to hear), about 5 B words, 5 S words, and lots of "d---" and "h---". Helen Mirren's character cusses a lot. Total - 15/30 - Although it seems low, there is a lot of violence and some profanity. Take your 14 year old, but think about it before your 13 year old.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysky65z December 3, 2013

Extremely disappointing sequel compared to the original RED

I was so disappointed in this movie I really wanted to like it but I couldn't make myself enjoy it. I gave it one star because I laughed maybe 2 to 3 times in the entire movie and there was hardly any action when there was action it was not good. Most of the movie was talking which would have been fine if the dialogue was funny but it's not. It's really sad that this movie was not good the original red was a great movie and one of the best action comedies to come out in the past few years but this sequel is just not good. It's fine for kids 12 and up its a mild pg13 but please for your own sake don't watch this one I regret seeing it in theaters and I want to save everyone else from how bad it was.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 November 12, 2013

Sequel to RED is still really fun, action packed, and has great performances from its charismatic cast but so-so on plot...

I thought it was fun and enjoyable but the story (not even kidding) brought it down because it made no sense and when they jumped from place to place, it wasn't really clear what was going on. But that all didn't ruin how entertaining it was! I say if you see it, just enjoy it and don't think about the plot and you'll have a blast! The action scenes (when they are on screen) are really awesome, especially one part where Byung Hun Lee fights a bunch of security guards in a convenient store and a really awesome car chase where Helen Mirren is driving with Byung Hun Lee and shoots out of both windows with two guns and the car is so small it goes under a truck! John Malkovich, Mary Louise Parker, and Helen Mirren's facial expressions were hilarious and made a majority of the scenes! I'd recommend going to see this if you just wanna enjoy a fun, mindless action flick!
Kid, 8 years old May 23, 2015

Violent movie about old people fighting bad guys is weird and lame.

My rating PG-13: intense violence, and language.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Fun action comedy sequel

Violence- 2 (Lots of fistfights and action)
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

should i get this movie is it worth it?

should i get it??
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2013

as good as the first one

This was just as good as the first one if not better. The violence was the same as the first one but their was more language used frequently. I was not expecting this to be not as good as the first one because sequels are usually not as good as the originals but this but this did live up to its original.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

red 2

really good action comedy 12+
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

A fine action comedy

I think this movie was like the first movie of red but just more shocking moments than in the first one! This may be good for kids but the violence and the kissing is for mature children! But parents if you liked the movie Now You See Me than you would like this movie too!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjd041299 September 8, 2013

Red 2 - FUNNY and Clean

I thought the movie was great and was a wonderful sequel to the first one. It is funny and a great film to take teens. My son and I saw the first one. He is 14 now and we both laughed through the whole movie. You have to remember it is FICTION and not get so serious about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE July 26, 2013

If You Loved the First Red, You'll Love this One!

This movie was so entertaining to watch and with its humor, this movie delivers. The violence is done in a very comical way but the movie is still very violent like the first Red. There are a couple sexual references and a few passionate kisses but nothing totally inappropriate.There is some language and well with drinking and a character is drugged to make him pass out. Its a fun summer movie to watch... GO!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySamhit July 24, 2013

Red2

It seems violent and language is infrequent but strong.