All member reviews for Red

Well-cast action comedy is entertaining -- but very violent.

Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bycdwhitey October 18, 2010

Lots of action, guns, exposions, etc..

fun movie with some spy intrigue...kids LOVED it...some bad language, but not too over the top...
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

fun

fun entertaining movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byBarbieBlondie March 4, 2011

Great for ages 13 or 12 (:

I loved this movie! Through out the movie it has intense violence but nothing gross it has guns and major explosions. There is some passionate kissing and hand holding, but very minimal.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byPop04103 October 31, 2010

Good movie for grownups and 10+ kids

Good action movie, lots of violence but so over-the-top it's cartoonish. Plot appeals to kids and grownups; it's a good family movie with plenty to talk about after seeing it. Unlike many action movies, the characters are well-developed and likable.
Adult Written byJOHN LEE February 1, 2011

THIS FILM FOLLOWS THE ENGLISH EXAMPLE THAT OLD PEOPLE CAN STILL BE VERY ENTERTAINING. AFTER I REALIZED THE MOVIE WAS A SPOOF, I FOUND IT TO BE THE FUNNIEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN IN A GREAT WHILE.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez January 25, 2011

Red is a good action movie stars with Bruce Willis and Morgan freeman good for your older teens but parents you need to know that red has a lot of intense violence some strong language used and some drinking and drug used there's a little good message in this movie it's about that senior citizens are still vibrant and useful is a worth while take away in our youth obsessed culture and the role model is that Sarah trusts Frank enough to help him uncover the truth, Frank embarks on a fact-finding mission to clear his name and save himself and his friends from being murdered; another character selflessly agrees to sacrifice himself to ensure that the mission can go forward, and Marvin overcomes his fears to join the RED team.
Parent of a 10, 10, and 18 year old Written byFArouet November 6, 2010
Educator and Parent of a 11, 14, 14, and 16 year old Written byJehonatan January 2, 2015

One of our families favorite films

It isn t about sex, isn t violent(with violent, but like in less than tom and jerry and like this) Wath with your kids, my boys love it.
Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Really good action comedy

Violence- 3 (High body count and frequent action violence) Language- 3 (S**t and one use of f**k)
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

red

is a great movie watched it with my parents i can't wait to watch red 2!!
Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2014

AWESOME

So good. Still can't believe this movie was made by the same people that made RIPD. That movie sucked
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2013

red

I thought this movie was so funny but a little violent at times and their was a lot of bad language like the middle finger and the f word once and the b word and the s word a lot but isn't frequent. Not my favorite action comedy but really good.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2013

Smart movie, Willis and Malkovich shine as a phenomenal duo

I really like this movie, It was witty and entertaining. Some strong violence, a little language, and a perfect movie for an older preteen.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

Fun, Funny and Awesome Movie

Red is a very fun movie with tons of explosions and shooting. The profanity only get bad sometimes including one use of f--k and also a--, g-dd--n, s--t and d--n. The violence does get quite intense sometimes with some blood. I'd recommend this movie for 12+ only. If your kid is still watching PG and G movies most of the time, or if blood upsets you, this may not be the movie for you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

Great action

Super action movie with good actors! MUST SEE!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 1, 2013

Older kids might like this, depends if they're mature enough

When I went to see this with my mother and brother, I was so doggone amused!! So was my mother and brother.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycodman1004 March 11, 2013

Great Movie, Comedy, Action, and fun. A guys movie.

This movie was great, I actually own it and watch it about every other week. It has a lot of violence, not so much gory violence. It has language that some may find offensive, there is a scene where they are drinking vodka. It is a great comedy, Bruce Willis is great. I recommended 13 and up because really any kid under 13 might not understand the plot and the story line. I also put this as a positive role model because...well Bruce Willies is awesome.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 4, 2012

Breezy, fun ride

A sort of complicated tale of senior citizens kicking butt. If that doesn't hook you in, I'm not sure what will. Solid performances around the table, especially Freeman and his Godlike voice. Enjoy it on a quiet Sunday!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 4, 2012

Very Funny and Violent

This is a very violent movie. Although there is a lot of humor, very mature violence, as well as a very clear f-bomb. Not for younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2012

RED = Great

Great movie, lots of action, humor and a bit of violence but not that bad. Some scenes too violent for little kids, but good for age 11 up. Warning: one 'F word' at the end.