All member reviews for Remember Me

Dark, disturbing romance not for Twilight's preteen fans.

Adult Written bywonder dove May 11, 2013

Blah....

Sorry, but I didn't like this movie much at all. It's very depressing and the characters are very unlikable. I don't like Robert Pattinson movies but mainly watched for Emilie de Raven, who was also disappointing from the very beginning. Really blah character. The dude who played Robert's best friend was utterly annoying and selfish. The love between the two didn't feel real at all, it was bland and boring, it lacked intimacy and forgiveness. Emilie's character was dry and uneven. There is also no good messages I can think of, only negative. Violence - way too much to list including child bullying. Sexual content is very frequent including discussions. Language is bad for a PG-13 (some 'f" words throughout!) Lots of drinking, a girl gets dead-drunk and spends the night puking. Lots of smoking. Teens may enjoy because of Robert (Twilight star). Certainly not for kids. 15+ viewers seems fair.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

The good stuff * Role models: Tyler is a loving, selfless older brother, putting his little sister's needs above all else. He loves her so much, he's willing to defend her, to try and force their father to acknowledge and support her. However, he also starts off his relationship with Ally on false pretenses and doesn't tell her truth for a long time. Ally is forgiving, even when the men in her life hurt her deeply. What to watch out for * Messages: Although the overall message is about love and forgiveness, the majority of the movie is spent chronicling Tyler's self-destructive behavior and the emotionally distant or borderline abusive relationships between grieving fathers and children. * Violence: The movie starts off with a shocking murder -- a mother is shot by young muggers right in front of her 11-year-old daughter -- and violence continues throughout the movie. There are several fist fights that leave characters bloody -- in one instance a man nearly strangles another to death. A father strikes his daughter. A woman slaps a man across the face. A man pushes a schoolgirl's desk and throws a fire extinguisher through a school window, frightening all the students and the teacher in a class. A young man's suicide isn't shown, but it's frequently alluded to and explicity described. A young girl's hair is horrifyingly cut off by spiteful girls at a slumber party. An unforeseen and seriously traumatic event leaves all of the characters grieving and broken. * Sex: There are several love scenes that show the main couple kissing passionately, breathing heavily, moaning, and obviously making love. A couple of the scenes show a lot of skin (bare backs, legs, shoulder, and arms tangling in sheets) or Ally in a bra, but there's no actual nudity, and the emphasis is on the couple's faces. In addition to the sex scenes, Tyler's roommate discusses sex and relationships on a regular basis. He makes jokes about Tyler having a way with ladies and his own accomplishment of having "bagged" a girl from every continent. Ally's father accuses wealthy Tyler of slumming it with middle-class Ally ("having a little vacation in coach before heading back to first class"). * Language: For a PG-13 film, there is a surprising amount of strong language: more than one "f--k," plus frequent "a-shole," "pr--k," "s--t," and "Godd--n," and the occasional "p--y," "jerk," "d--n," "bas-ard," and "bi-ch." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Tyler smokes cigarettes in nearly every scene, and it's an ongoing reference in the movie (everyone comments on it). College students drink at a bar, at parties, restaurants, and at home. One night Ally drinks so much she gets sick in front of Tyler and basically passes out on his bed. It's implied that Ally's father could be an alcoholic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfishsticks July 14, 2010

:D

Well the movie actually was pretty good but it was also pretty sad and i would recommend it to people who love Robert Pattinson and it was a good role for him although for kids to watch this they have to be more mature and to know that its only a movie if they are younger.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 July 7, 2010

NOT for kids but for older teens and adults this movie is surprisingly GOOD!

There is some violence, sex scenes, language, adult situations dealing with muder, death and suicide. It's a dark movie and something you may want to watch with a box of tissue. Although I don't recommend this movie for kids especially those younger than 15 or 16, this movie was a shockingly amazing movie and I am shocked there isn't more buzz about it. Without giving anything away (because if I tell anything it will ruin the effect the movie intends to have), I want to tell people that they really need to watch this movie because once you get to the end you will no longer be the normally detached movie watcher that we all are. You will (in a split second) find that this movie becomes personal and hits close to home. I promise you, you will not expect where this movie takes you.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byfacebookruler1219 July 3, 2010

A mothers reveiew on Remember Me

well this movie is a great movie its a little sad and Rob has some anger problems but i loved the movie.My little nine yeaar old girl Jenna loved it also i felt she was a little to young to be waching it.My oldest son Jordan didnt like it at first he new somthing bad always happens in a good movie anyway the movie was very good for twelve years old but not so good for nine years olds.
Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

One of the best movies I have ever seen. HANDS DOWN!

I love this movie with all of my heart. For so many reasons, the message is wretchedly beautiful, it is acted to PERFECTION, seriously great acting by Pierce Brosnan and Robert Pattinson especially. The young girl is good too. The screenplay is excellent, the director made a movie that slowly unraveled itself without being torturous, we were in awe of how good it was the whole time. What a great UNIQUE, REFRESHING story coming out of Hollywood, my fav movie of the year, should win an OSCAR!! I dont think it appropriate for children until they are old enough to understand the depth of the emotion in this film and can see 2 people in bed together and a light love scene...but the story itself is what you need to mature enough to understand, This will always be a fav movie of mine, Robert Pattinson fan or not, you should NOT miss this movie...
Parent of a 4, 7, and 10 year old Written byJKOVACHSWIFEY March 17, 2010

ROBERT PATTINSON HHAATTEERR!!!!!!!

I loved it! I think that u r a Robert Pattinson hater, GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!! every movie that he plays in u give a less than deserved review, and he doesnt deserve it, and neither do his performances!! I guess we are all entitled to our opinions, I just hope that NO parents let their child miss one of these movies because of your opinion, let them see for theirselves.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshenshen_t March 15, 2010
Adult Written byisalau March 12, 2010

Strong performances with the heavy material. Not for young people.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjosh123456789 March 9, 2010

I really don't think it is good
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2012

A+++

i enjoyed it very good movie 12-13+ though
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Remeber Me

I loved this story, but it is too intense for younger kids. There is a lot of PG-13 sex, and some swearing/smoking/drinking. Kids can identify with the main character who feels unwanted by his father, and struggles to keep his sister from feeling the same.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKeke Meke July 16, 2012

Great movie with a twist

The movie is very touching. At first I didn't catch any reference to 9/11 2001 but at the end when I saw the shots of the Twin Towers and the chalkboard date I was all like "He's gonna die." It was a real twist. I never expected such an ending.
Parent Written bymoviecritic1 April 28, 2012

excellent movie for maturing kids and up

While watching the movie, I felt there was no real plot in the making. But of course it did come together in the end. There's a lot of bad language and a few sex scenes (not to the point of being R-rated) and the main character, Tyler, is a smoker and a drinker. Though a person must look past that to see the real message. Life is this amazing gift and people often forget that. They live life just because and it is not until something dramatic happens (like a death) that they realize that everyone needs to live life as if tomorrow were not to come. This movie, based on the surface details, looks as though it should not be for kids, but its one of the most truthful movies I've seen in a while. Kids shouldn't just believe that life is fully of happy endings and things given to them, and I feel that if they watch this movie, they will understand a little bit more about the real world.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrazy4bre101 June 18, 2011

GREAT MOVIE

great movie. sad though.12 + for lanuage and sexual scenes. im not a big fan of robert pattinson but he did a great job. the movie was high above expectations!
Teen, 16 years old Written byZoeyDiana18 June 1, 2011

Best movie ever.

This movie was amazing. It shows kids how much people were affected by 9/11. It wasn't a fantasy movie about love and romance, but about real life. Not every story has a happy ending, and I believe your kids should know that. This ending broke my heart, and my heart goes to all those families who lost family and friends on that tragic day. I love this movie it shows how important family is, and how you shouldn't take it for granted, because one day they might not be there anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadie girl 23 February 14, 2011

The best movie ever

I adore this movie it is the best ever two thumbs up also the main charecter is not hard on the eyes and it is a historcal movie (the twin towers falling with him in it in the end ) :) i love too the moon and back if you argee messages me on my hotmail. i would let my kids watch it if the wore above 10( so they would understand) but with all the language and violence i would have to wait
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 6, 2011

Disappointing

I was disappointed, and heartbroken of course. I was angry and upset by seeing Rob and Emily be able to do that. I don't respect them any more now.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlinkAndYoullMissIt October 19, 2010

Beautiful, but intense.

This movie fits the 'intense' bill. I really cannot say anything that hasn't been said above. This movie, I believe, is a beneficial one to watch, but if you watch it too young, it's benefits are gone. The viewer has to be old enough to grasp the positive messages in the movie. A side note- do not watch this movie if you like happy endings. Not a 'feel-good' flick.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelissa courtney September 16, 2010

i t was great

i love this movie. it was such a good love story!! it was so sad at the ened i cried so much.