All member reviews for Remember Me

Dark, disturbing romance not for Twilight's preteen fans.

Adult Written byPCDberry June 5, 2015

Remember me not for kids younger than 15

Parent of a 3, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written byMidnightMom March 27, 2010

One of the best movies I have ever seen. HANDS DOWN!

I love this movie with all of my heart. For so many reasons, the message is wretchedly beautiful, it is acted to PERFECTION, seriously great acting by Pierce Brosnan and Robert Pattinson especially. The young girl is good too. The screenplay is excellent, the director made a movie that slowly unraveled itself without being torturous, we were in awe of how good it was the whole time. What a great UNIQUE, REFRESHING story coming out of Hollywood, my fav movie of the year, should win an OSCAR!! I dont think it appropriate for children until they are old enough to understand the depth of the emotion in this film and can see 2 people in bed together and a light love scene...but the story itself is what you need to mature enough to understand, This will always be a fav movie of mine, Robert Pattinson fan or not, you should NOT miss this movie...
Parent Written byrafael medina November 1, 2015

Sex and only sex

When I watched the movie there were three or two erotic scenes on the bed with clothes. The worst part was when the two men actors are in the cinema, when they are watching the movie, the cinema's movie was about a father who discover his son who is having sexual intercourse with a woman. The son realizes and he hits his head. The son and the woman are only covered by a green blanket. When the son hits his head he is naked. It only lasts one second when the man can be seen naked falling to the floor.
Adult Written bywonder dove May 11, 2013

Blah....

Sorry, but I didn't like this movie much at all. It's very depressing and the characters are very unlikable. I don't like Robert Pattinson movies but mainly watched for Emilie de Raven, who was also disappointing from the very beginning. Really blah character. The dude who played Robert's best friend was utterly annoying and selfish. The love between the two didn't feel real at all, it was bland and boring, it lacked intimacy and forgiveness. Emilie's character was dry and uneven. There is also no good messages I can think of, only negative. Violence - way too much to list including child bullying. Sexual content is very frequent including discussions. Language is bad for a PG-13 (some 'f" words throughout!) Lots of drinking, a girl gets dead-drunk and spends the night puking. Lots of smoking. Teens may enjoy because of Robert (Twilight star). Certainly not for kids. 15+ viewers seems fair.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

The good stuff * Role models: Tyler is a loving, selfless older brother, putting his little sister's needs above all else. He loves her so much, he's willing to defend her, to try and force their father to acknowledge and support her. However, he also starts off his relationship with Ally on false pretenses and doesn't tell her truth for a long time. Ally is forgiving, even when the men in her life hurt her deeply. What to watch out for * Messages: Although the overall message is about love and forgiveness, the majority of the movie is spent chronicling Tyler's self-destructive behavior and the emotionally distant or borderline abusive relationships between grieving fathers and children. * Violence: The movie starts off with a shocking murder -- a mother is shot by young muggers right in front of her 11-year-old daughter -- and violence continues throughout the movie. There are several fist fights that leave characters bloody -- in one instance a man nearly strangles another to death. A father strikes his daughter. A woman slaps a man across the face. A man pushes a schoolgirl's desk and throws a fire extinguisher through a school window, frightening all the students and the teacher in a class. A young man's suicide isn't shown, but it's frequently alluded to and explicity described. A young girl's hair is horrifyingly cut off by spiteful girls at a slumber party. An unforeseen and seriously traumatic event leaves all of the characters grieving and broken. * Sex: There are several love scenes that show the main couple kissing passionately, breathing heavily, moaning, and obviously making love. A couple of the scenes show a lot of skin (bare backs, legs, shoulder, and arms tangling in sheets) or Ally in a bra, but there's no actual nudity, and the emphasis is on the couple's faces. In addition to the sex scenes, Tyler's roommate discusses sex and relationships on a regular basis. He makes jokes about Tyler having a way with ladies and his own accomplishment of having "bagged" a girl from every continent. Ally's father accuses wealthy Tyler of slumming it with middle-class Ally ("having a little vacation in coach before heading back to first class"). * Language: For a PG-13 film, there is a surprising amount of strong language: more than one "f--k," plus frequent "a-shole," "pr--k," "s--t," and "Godd--n," and the occasional "p--y," "jerk," "d--n," "bas-ard," and "bi-ch." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Tyler smokes cigarettes in nearly every scene, and it's an ongoing reference in the movie (everyone comments on it). College students drink at a bar, at parties, restaurants, and at home. One night Ally drinks so much she gets sick in front of Tyler and basically passes out on his bed. It's implied that Ally's father could be an alcoholic.
Adult Written byFemiluv March 16, 2010
Some scenes with violence, sex scenes and some obscene language, but I loved it. Had a positive message to it. Superb acting from all of them. It was great to see RP doing something different, boy is he hot, and he can ACT!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Remeber Me

I loved this story, but it is too intense for younger kids. There is a lot of PG-13 sex, and some swearing/smoking/drinking. Kids can identify with the main character who feels unwanted by his father, and struggles to keep his sister from feeling the same.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfishsticks July 14, 2010

:D

Well the movie actually was pretty good but it was also pretty sad and i would recommend it to people who love Robert Pattinson and it was a good role for him although for kids to watch this they have to be more mature and to know that its only a movie if they are younger.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byMarinewife1024 July 7, 2010

NOT for kids but for older teens and adults this movie is surprisingly GOOD!

There is some violence, sex scenes, language, adult situations dealing with muder, death and suicide. It's a dark movie and something you may want to watch with a box of tissue. Although I don't recommend this movie for kids especially those younger than 15 or 16, this movie was a shockingly amazing movie and I am shocked there isn't more buzz about it. Without giving anything away (because if I tell anything it will ruin the effect the movie intends to have), I want to tell people that they really need to watch this movie because once you get to the end you will no longer be the normally detached movie watcher that we all are. You will (in a split second) find that this movie becomes personal and hits close to home. I promise you, you will not expect where this movie takes you.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byfacebookruler1219 July 3, 2010

A mothers reveiew on Remember Me

well this movie is a great movie its a little sad and Rob has some anger problems but i loved the movie.My little nine yeaar old girl Jenna loved it also i felt she was a little to young to be waching it.My oldest son Jordan didnt like it at first he new somthing bad always happens in a good movie anyway the movie was very good for twelve years old but not so good for nine years olds.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 29, 2010
remember me is a drama movie that deals with heavy themes and is recommended only for your older teens the movie does have a lot violence there are several sex scenes but no nudity shown there's a lot of strong language used for a PG-13 movie also there's a lot drinking and smoking the movie has a good message though it's about love and forgiveness.
Parent Written bymoviecritic1 April 28, 2012

excellent movie for maturing kids and up

While watching the movie, I felt there was no real plot in the making. But of course it did come together in the end. There's a lot of bad language and a few sex scenes (not to the point of being R-rated) and the main character, Tyler, is a smoker and a drinker. Though a person must look past that to see the real message. Life is this amazing gift and people often forget that. They live life just because and it is not until something dramatic happens (like a death) that they realize that everyone needs to live life as if tomorrow were not to come. This movie, based on the surface details, looks as though it should not be for kids, but its one of the most truthful movies I've seen in a while. Kids shouldn't just believe that life is fully of happy endings and things given to them, and I feel that if they watch this movie, they will understand a little bit more about the real world.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrazy4bre101 June 18, 2011

GREAT MOVIE

great movie. sad though.12 + for lanuage and sexual scenes. im not a big fan of robert pattinson but he did a great job. the movie was high above expectations!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 August 14, 2010

My Review of Remember Me

I hated this movie. Its too vloent and scary. The beginning and the end were sad mix with sad feelings together. Parents this is not the film that your child will see espicially twilight fans too
Parent of a 4, 7, and 10 year old Written byJKOVACHSWIFEY March 17, 2010

ROBERT PATTINSON HHAATTEERR!!!!!!!

I loved it! I think that u r a Robert Pattinson hater, GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!! every movie that he plays in u give a less than deserved review, and he doesnt deserve it, and neither do his performances!! I guess we are all entitled to our opinions, I just hope that NO parents let their child miss one of these movies because of your opinion, let them see for theirselves.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshenshen_t March 15, 2010
Adult Written byisalau March 12, 2010
Strong performances with the heavy material. Not for young people.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bysei6grande March 12, 2010

Good movie, but some sad scenes.

This movie has some iffy love scenes. Also, a straight-out murder, and an implied murder with some violence added in between. It was a pretty good move though. This features Robert Patterson (as seen in Twilight) as a 21-year-old man that had a sad death in his life and chooses drinking and smoking to cope with it. Parents should go see this movie with their children if they are younger than 14.
Adult Written bysuefromnc March 12, 2010

Great Movie and Great Message... Some scenes too much for Tweens though..

I absolutely LOVED this movie and the message it is sending about living life to the fullest and appreciating what we have! Robert Pattinson was incredible (not that I had any doubts he wouldn't be). Emilee is really good too. I would love to take my 13 year old to this movie, however the love scenes are little too much for her age. We Twi-Moms finally get to see him in a whole new light! He is beautiful as always!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjosh123456789 March 9, 2010
I really don't think it is good