All teen and kid member reviews for Remember Me

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

The good stuff * Role models: Tyler is a loving, selfless older brother, putting his little sister's needs above all else. He loves her so much, he's willing to defend her, to try and force their father to acknowledge and support her. However, he also starts off his relationship with Ally on false pretenses and doesn't tell her truth for a long time. Ally is forgiving, even when the men in her life hurt her deeply. What to watch out for * Messages: Although the overall message is about love and forgiveness, the majority of the movie is spent chronicling Tyler's self-destructive behavior and the emotionally distant or borderline abusive relationships between grieving fathers and children. * Violence: The movie starts off with a shocking murder -- a mother is shot by young muggers right in front of her 11-year-old daughter -- and violence continues throughout the movie. There are several fist fights that leave characters bloody -- in one instance a man nearly strangles another to death. A father strikes his daughter. A woman slaps a man across the face. A man pushes a schoolgirl's desk and throws a fire extinguisher through a school window, frightening all the students and the teacher in a class. A young man's suicide isn't shown, but it's frequently alluded to and explicity described. A young girl's hair is horrifyingly cut off by spiteful girls at a slumber party. An unforeseen and seriously traumatic event leaves all of the characters grieving and broken. * Sex: There are several love scenes that show the main couple kissing passionately, breathing heavily, moaning, and obviously making love. A couple of the scenes show a lot of skin (bare backs, legs, shoulder, and arms tangling in sheets) or Ally in a bra, but there's no actual nudity, and the emphasis is on the couple's faces. In addition to the sex scenes, Tyler's roommate discusses sex and relationships on a regular basis. He makes jokes about Tyler having a way with ladies and his own accomplishment of having "bagged" a girl from every continent. Ally's father accuses wealthy Tyler of slumming it with middle-class Ally ("having a little vacation in coach before heading back to first class"). * Language: For a PG-13 film, there is a surprising amount of strong language: more than one "f--k," plus frequent "a-shole," "pr--k," "s--t," and "Godd--n," and the occasional "p--y," "jerk," "d--n," "bas-ard," and "bi-ch." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Tyler smokes cigarettes in nearly every scene, and it's an ongoing reference in the movie (everyone comments on it). College students drink at a bar, at parties, restaurants, and at home. One night Ally drinks so much she gets sick in front of Tyler and basically passes out on his bed. It's implied that Ally's father could be an alcoholic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfishsticks July 14, 2010

:D

Well the movie actually was pretty good but it was also pretty sad and i would recommend it to people who love Robert Pattinson and it was a good role for him although for kids to watch this they have to be more mature and to know that its only a movie if they are younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 1, 2012

Remeber Me

I loved this story, but it is too intense for younger kids. There is a lot of PG-13 sex, and some swearing/smoking/drinking. Kids can identify with the main character who feels unwanted by his father, and struggles to keep his sister from feeling the same.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshenshen_t March 15, 2010
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2012

A+++

i enjoyed it very good movie 12-13+ though
Teen, 15 years old Written byKeke Meke July 16, 2012

Great movie with a twist

The movie is very touching. At first I didn't catch any reference to 9/11 2001 but at the end when I saw the shots of the Twin Towers and the chalkboard date I was all like "He's gonna die." It was a real twist. I never expected such an ending.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrazy4bre101 June 18, 2011

GREAT MOVIE

great movie. sad though.12 + for lanuage and sexual scenes. im not a big fan of robert pattinson but he did a great job. the movie was high above expectations!
Teen, 16 years old Written byZoeyDiana18 June 1, 2011

Best movie ever.

This movie was amazing. It shows kids how much people were affected by 9/11. It wasn't a fantasy movie about love and romance, but about real life. Not every story has a happy ending, and I believe your kids should know that. This ending broke my heart, and my heart goes to all those families who lost family and friends on that tragic day. I love this movie it shows how important family is, and how you shouldn't take it for granted, because one day they might not be there anymore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadie girl 23 February 14, 2011

The best movie ever

I adore this movie it is the best ever two thumbs up also the main charecter is not hard on the eyes and it is a historcal movie (the twin towers falling with him in it in the end ) :) i love too the moon and back if you argee messages me on my hotmail. i would let my kids watch it if the wore above 10( so they would understand) but with all the language and violence i would have to wait
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 6, 2011

Disappointing

I was disappointed, and heartbroken of course. I was angry and upset by seeing Rob and Emily be able to do that. I don't respect them any more now.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlinkAndYoullMissIt October 19, 2010

Beautiful, but intense.

This movie fits the 'intense' bill. I really cannot say anything that hasn't been said above. This movie, I believe, is a beneficial one to watch, but if you watch it too young, it's benefits are gone. The viewer has to be old enough to grasp the positive messages in the movie. A side note- do not watch this movie if you like happy endings. Not a 'feel-good' flick.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelissa courtney September 16, 2010

i t was great

i love this movie. it was such a good love story!! it was so sad at the ened i cried so much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byateensperspective August 29, 2010

this movie was amazing!!! nonetheless, kids under 12 should not see it. it is very depressing (but it is also extremely good so everyone old enough to watch it should!). the movie begins with a murder which is depressing, and about 15 minutes into it some one gets into a street fight and almost gets taken to jail. many people get slapped and some one almost chokes another to death. Some one breaks a window with a fire extinguisher and slams a girl's desk. a suicide is talked about. the surprising ending is very sad. there are 2 sex scenes and they are both very clear about what is going on- but no "areas" are shown. Tyler and his room-mate often talk about sex. everyone cusses a lot. tyler is always drinking and smoking. allie gets drunk and barfs. allie's dad's an alcoholic. although he sometimes smokes in front of her, tyler is normally a very caring, loving brother and would do anything to protect his sister.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 August 14, 2010

My Review of Remember Me

I hated this movie. Its too vloent and scary. The beginning and the end were sad mix with sad feelings together. Parents this is not the film that your child will see espicially twilight fans too
Teen, 14 years old Written bytman10009 August 12, 2010

perfect for 13-14and up

it was overall an alright movie, a little sad but interesting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 6, 2010

Very sad ending
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2010

I'm Surprised!

This movie was really good. It had a sad ending, though. The younger sister reminds me of myself (off topic!). I'm actually really suprised! -I thought this movie was going to be a sappy-drama-boring-movie... Ok, it was sappy, but it was also funny and heartwarming. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrish7girl13 July 19, 2010

I really enjoyed this move, it's very much like a romeo and juliet or titanic. The movie is perfectly rated 13 and over unless parents are there. I'm 14 and there is nothing i hadn't seen or heard in it but under 13 this may make you or your child uneasy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

remember me

i thought this movie was rather good!!!! enjoyed it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymardoggie2013 July 7, 2010

Intense for a PG-13

Very sad story. A surprising amount of language and violence, pretty rough movie for only older teens.