Dark, disturbing romance not for Twilight's preteen fans.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBlinkAndYoullMissIt October 19, 2010

Beautiful, but intense.

This movie fits the 'intense' bill. I really cannot say anything that hasn't been said above. This movie, I believe, is a beneficial one to watch, but if you watch it too young, it's benefits are gone. The viewer has to be old enough to grasp the positive messages in the movie. A side note- do not watch this movie if you like happy endings. Not a 'feel-good' flick.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshenshen_t March 15, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 6, 2011

Disappointing

I was disappointed, and heartbroken of course. I was angry and upset by seeing Rob and Emily be able to do that. I don't respect them any more now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byateensperspective August 29, 2010
this movie was amazing!!! nonetheless, kids under 12 should not see it. it is very depressing (but it is also extremely good so everyone old enough to watch it should!). the movie begins with a murder which is depressing, and about 15 minutes into it some one gets into a street fight and almost gets taken to jail. many people get slapped and some one almost chokes another to death. Some one breaks a window with a fire extinguisher and slams a girl's desk. a suicide is talked about. the surprising ending is very sad. there are 2 sex scenes and they are both very clear about what is going on- but no "areas" are shown. Tyler and his room-mate often talk about sex. everyone cusses a lot. tyler is always drinking and smoking. allie gets drunk and barfs. allie's dad's an alcoholic. although he sometimes smokes in front of her, tyler is normally a very caring, loving brother and would do anything to protect his sister.
Teen, 13 years old Written byviaoli12345 January 10, 2016
Not for young kids. It has some pretty heavy themes in it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byILoveballoo November 9, 2015

I thought it was really good until towards the end when it got really bad and stupid.

It has some swearing and violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byZoeyDiana18 June 1, 2011

Best movie ever.

This movie was amazing. It shows kids how much people were affected by 9/11. It wasn't a fantasy movie about love and romance, but about real life. Not every story has a happy ending, and I believe your kids should know that. This ending broke my heart, and my heart goes to all those families who lost family and friends on that tragic day. I love this movie it shows how important family is, and how you shouldn't take it for granted, because one day they might not be there anymore.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for 13+

The good stuff * Role models: Tyler is a loving, selfless older brother, putting his little sister's needs above all else. He loves her so much, he's willing to defend her, to try and force their father to acknowledge and support her. However, he also starts off his relationship with Ally on false pretenses and doesn't tell her truth for a long time. Ally is forgiving, even when the men in her life hurt her deeply. What to watch out for * Messages: Although the overall message is about love and forgiveness, the majority of the movie is spent chronicling Tyler's self-destructive behavior and the emotionally distant or borderline abusive relationships between grieving fathers and children. * Violence: The movie starts off with a shocking murder -- a mother is shot by young muggers right in front of her 11-year-old daughter -- and violence continues throughout the movie. There are several fist fights that leave characters bloody -- in one instance a man nearly strangles another to death. A father strikes his daughter. A woman slaps a man across the face. A man pushes a schoolgirl's desk and throws a fire extinguisher through a school window, frightening all the students and the teacher in a class. A young man's suicide isn't shown, but it's frequently alluded to and explicity described. A young girl's hair is horrifyingly cut off by spiteful girls at a slumber party. An unforeseen and seriously traumatic event leaves all of the characters grieving and broken. * Sex: There are several love scenes that show the main couple kissing passionately, breathing heavily, moaning, and obviously making love. A couple of the scenes show a lot of skin (bare backs, legs, shoulder, and arms tangling in sheets) or Ally in a bra, but there's no actual nudity, and the emphasis is on the couple's faces. In addition to the sex scenes, Tyler's roommate discusses sex and relationships on a regular basis. He makes jokes about Tyler having a way with ladies and his own accomplishment of having "bagged" a girl from every continent. Ally's father accuses wealthy Tyler of slumming it with middle-class Ally ("having a little vacation in coach before heading back to first class"). * Language: For a PG-13 film, there is a surprising amount of strong language: more than one "f--k," plus frequent "a-shole," "pr--k," "s--t," and "Godd--n," and the occasional "p--y," "jerk," "d--n," "bas-ard," and "bi-ch." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Tyler smokes cigarettes in nearly every scene, and it's an ongoing reference in the movie (everyone comments on it). College students drink at a bar, at parties, restaurants, and at home. One night Ally drinks so much she gets sick in front of Tyler and basically passes out on his bed. It's implied that Ally's father could be an alcoholic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 August 14, 2010

My Review of Remember Me

I hated this movie. Its too vloent and scary. The beginning and the end were sad mix with sad feelings together. Parents this is not the film that your child will see espicially twilight fans too
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrish7girl13 July 19, 2010
I really enjoyed this move, it's very much like a romeo and juliet or titanic. The movie is perfectly rated 13 and over unless parents are there. I'm 14 and there is nothing i hadn't seen or heard in it but under 13 this may make you or your child uneasy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymelissa courtney September 16, 2010

i t was great

i love this movie. it was such a good love story!! it was so sad at the ened i cried so much.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytman10009 August 12, 2010

perfect for 13-14and up

it was overall an alright movie, a little sad but interesting.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2012

A+++

i enjoyed it very good movie 12-13+ though
Teen, 15 years old Written byKeke Meke July 16, 2012

Great movie with a twist

The movie is very touching. At first I didn't catch any reference to 9/11 2001 but at the end when I saw the shots of the Twin Towers and the chalkboard date I was all like "He's gonna die." It was a real twist. I never expected such an ending.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 6, 2010
Very sad ending
Adult Written byPsy I. February 18, 2017

Great with a twist

So at the beginning of the film 3 minutes in exactly i felt tears in my eyes... about half way through i didnt want the movie to end. And when it finished i was literally drowning in tears.... If you decide to watch this movie at first you may think oh yeah its just another chick flick... But no i have so many emotions and connections after watching this film im literall so confused as if what i have just watch.... i highly recommend this to all... as it was an amazing movie to watch definitely now my favorite. ... hope you like it as much as i do...
Adult Written byBrittany B. February 7, 2017

A film to remember

You can't pull off acting like this if you don't really have that kind of pain and drama in your soul... one of my favorite in the drama genres yet
Teen, 17 years old Written byilovekristenstewart July 19, 2010

remember me

i thought this movie was rather good!!!! enjoyed it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymardoggie2013 July 7, 2010

Intense for a PG-13

Very sad story. A surprising amount of language and violence, pretty rough movie for only older teens.
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2010

Not really a twight movie, Because they have mostly happy endings...

lots of covered sex. lots of language. scary parts, and one area of child abuse. a violent gang murder at the beginning, ending with a parent being shot. its all together a violent movie and distaster awaits at the end