All member reviews for Reservoir Dogs

Raw and bloody. For adults.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest June 20, 2011

I love it

I saw this movie when I was 6 and love it but I just found out this a movie for teen not young teen but teen
Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

Not for kids at all

Reservoir dogs is an adult cult gangstar movie which also has partial sexual references
Adult Written byroxyiscool999 June 9, 2011

Reservoir Dogs is cool Review :)

Tell your younger children under the age of 18 to leave the room because it is very violent and it's also got strong profanity whitch is definatley not sutible for an audience under the age of 18. It is an adult audience over the age of 18!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

Reservoir dogs

This is a very violent movie with torture and shootouts. A man gets his ear cut off (off screen). And the language is very strong, frequent use of f*ck sh!t a*s damn hell b!tch g*ddamn one use of f*ggot. The sex is not very bad just references. Okay for a mature 13 yr old
Educator and Parent of a 15 and 18 year old Written byJared82379469 September 28, 2014

One of the most memorable masterpieces of the 90s.

Many have said that there was no real main character to this movie. But I'd say Chris Penn would be the lead actor in one of his best performances ever (and he was also great in Footloose and the Funeral), and I say that the day Chris Penn died from cardiomyopathy at the age of 40 in 2006 was the day Tarantino's popularity died down. It was sort of true because while Inglorious Basterds was nowhere near this or Pulp Fiction (which I think is Tarantino's best movie), this movie's got great performances from Lawrence Tierney of Dillinger, Tim Roth, Steve Buscemi, Harvey Keitel, and Penn, and though he may not be the lead star, it's really his movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylantio August 23, 2014

Tarantino's debut is a masterpiece!

Amazing movie! I'm only 14 but I love this movie and I recommend it to everybody!
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsrainingfrogs July 14, 2014

Outstanding debut for an outstanding director.

Acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino made his debut with this excellent film studies the men involved with a robbery gone wrong and investigates the possibility of one of them being a police informant. Great directing, writing, acting, and use of songs on the soundtrack. Sex: None. Moderately infrequent sexual dialogue, most notably the opening conversation about Madonna. Violence: Despite what many people think, the film is fairly tame compared to Tarantino's later work. A few characters are shot, a little blood. One character shot off screen lays in a pool of blood for almost all of the film's runtime. Infamous "Stuck in the Middle With You" scene involves a hostage police officer's ear cut off. Off screen, but a little disturbing. Language: Non-stop strong language including several racial slurs. Substance Abuse: Most characters smoke and drink. Infrequent drug references. Intensity: Several intense/suspenseful sequences, particularly the torture scene and the climatic Mexican standoff.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 22, 2014

Plenty of swearing!

Also has a fair bit of violence, all and all, excellent film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde February 5, 2014

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

Reservoir dogs

It is defienetley violent and not the best to show to kids but if ur child can handle blood, swearing and crime themes, this won't be too bad yes yes it has that ear scene but I handled it and I understood it's magnificence at age 10 defienetley a good flick!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy45 February 12, 2013

In this amazing crime drama, Reservoir Dogs chronicles the heist being performed by six complete strangers, all under a color synonym. After the job goes south, they begin to believe that there is a rat in the house.

Honestly, I'm 13 and I just saw about a week ago, and it was no harm on my eyes! It is possibly the best crime drama out there. If you're afraid of the colorful language, you have nothing to worry about, trust me, I as a 13 can say our conversations are pretty shy of theirs!
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2013

READ THIS

Incredible storytelling! Not nearly as bloody as I thought it would be. There is only one shocking scene, but the camera pans away from the action and all you can hear is the screams. On top of that there is music from the 70's playing during it which kind of lightens the mood. Lots of language, but about half way though it all blends in. It's a really good movie that starts out with you not knowing much but slowly disects the situation in a really great way. A must see!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMr47 February 3, 2013

Amazing Crime Film

This movie is quite simply fine art. Parents if your kid gets scared s--tless by these types of movies don't let them watch it. But for you older kids this will probably stop them from robbing a diamond store. The masterful performances from Michael Madsen and Harvey Keitel are the highlight and Tarantino really hit the mark with his debut directorial effort
Teen, 16 years old Written bymilkandhoney December 26, 2012

Nice.

Good little movie. Bit bloody. If you really hate that sort of thing- don't watch.
Parent Written byslevin kelevra September 10, 2012

Great movie, 14 and up

it´s a tarantino movie. so you can expect violence, strong language, bizar figures and funny dialogs. reservoir dogs is a great movie, altough theres much of violence and swearing i think it´s okay that teens 14 and up watch it, because they can handle those offending themes
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 5, 2012

Mature crime drama targeted to adults.

This movie has constant strong language. The violence is fairly bloody, but not frequent or too bad. This movie would appeal more to an adult, but older teend could watch too
Teen, 15 years old Written bytrombone1997 July 2, 2012

Great movie, just highly suggestive.

While this is Quentin Tarantino's first film, it definitely gives us an idea of what the rest of his movies will look like. RESERVOIR DOGS is a raw and never-before-seen take on a failed robbery so that makes for an interesting well-thought-out story. Starring Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth (also starred in Quentin's PULP FICTION with Harvey Keitel), Michael Madsen, Chris Penn, Lawrence Tierney, and Quentin Tarantino himself. The movie is incredibly violent, like all of Tarantino's movies, but there's just something about it that you like and that you would want to see it. But in this movie, there are many violent shoot-outs, a very violent torture scene in which a man has his ear sliced off with a razor, and a couple of car crashes. The language and sex coincide with each other because in the beginning of the movie, every other sentence was filled with sexual dialogue. The language is very strong with about every form of the F word and just about every other word in the dictionary. Characters do smoke regularly, but in one scene, a character smuggles drugs past police. It's a very good movie, but if your child wants to watch it, I would have to say, you have to know your child and that it isn't positive in any way what-so-ever.
Adult Written bypaaklapi April 28, 2012

Very violent classic

Reservoir Dogs is an amazing movie. It's also incredibly violent and bloody. Oh, I forgot to mention that it also contains A LOT of swearing. I saw this movie when I was 17 and I didn't give me nightmares. Thus I wouldn't recommend this movie for anyone under the age of 17. Yet I'd advice the 17-year-olds to think twice before watching this movie due to it's extremely violent nature. Not for people who are all ears...
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2012

good movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 11, 2011

Great movie!

Best of the Tarantino films!saw it when I was 9!not that bad and language is ok if your kids don't learn it and use it in school.worse things happen in real life.there are shoot outs and massacres every day and this is not even half as realistic Quentin rocks!Forgot to add,the torture scene was awesome.