All teen and kid member reviews for Resident Evil

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 3, 2013

Resident evil is awesome

Great Campy Horror movie, that is not as gory as most horror movies. There is gore and people get eaten, but it is a pretty tame zombie movie. There is some language, but it isn't bad for an R rated movie. They do have sexual content which includes showing Alice's bare back as she kisses a man on a bed. In the beginning Alice puts on a robe and from an angle you can see nipple's and breast, but this is quick and non-sexual. Towards the end she wears this paper type cover and she falls and her pubic region is sort of visible in shadow, but it is shadowed so it isn't really visible. So there is nudity. I think a mature 12 can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification August 9, 2015

Strong language, sustained threat, occasional strong violence.

Resident Evil is a 2002 action horror about a deadly virus mutating humans into flesh-eating monsters. It has been classified '15' for strong language, sustained threat and occasional strong violence. There are over 5 uses of strong language (f**k) as well as other milder language (s**t, b**ch). There is strong threat from the beginning up to the end, as flesh-eating monsters capture and kill off characters, without strong detail. Violence occurs in a martial-arts/slow-motion style, but is sometimes quite strong and often shown. However, the strongest violence contains clear fantastical elements and any clear injury detail is not present. It also contains some moderate bloody horror and mild nudity.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2015

Not For kids.

Parents this movie is based on a very popular video game series that is Rated M. This movie is epic. It is very violent and gory. It also has lots of scary scenes and deaths. Basically everyone in the movie except the main character named Alice dies. The movie has one sexually scene with nude. They also swear a lot.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2014

my opinion

I think its great movie but i when i started watching two movies Apocalypse and num 1 i could not sleep that night idk why mabye because of movie or something else.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight February 6, 2014

Ehh...

The violence wasn't all that gory for a zombie movie. Brief nudity and some bad words. Wasn't all that good of a movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfilmfreak49 May 30, 2013

Enjoyable, not-to-great, popcorn action-horror flick

This movie is just a lot of fun. It may not be the best movie but it is very enjoyable. Me, as someone who has not played and is not planning on playing the video games, found it a fun action movie with zombies. If you have seen the walking dead, the gore and violence is not much worse. There are flashbacks of sex but they are blurred and its only from the shoulders up. The language is not too bad, it is not constant it is only occasional. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a fun horror-like action movie without much of a story that you can enjoy with friends.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

Man, look at the rating. If you didn't want freaky, you shouldn't have watched it.

I don't get it, Common Sense Media. I adore this movie. Umbrella was the awesomest thing ever, and the zombies were, yes, terrifying. That's the point. It was realistic zombies (at least they'd look that way if they were real) and the gore was satisfying. The hybird thing at the end was a little freaky. The head sliding off is gross and a bit disturbing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byConor Coyle February 12, 2013

Great Movie!!!!!!!!

I loved this, especially because it has one thing I love, zombies. And it's cool how they have these like mutant creatures like silent hill. Fans of the game will enjoy this!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byi_am_me February 21, 2012

Good, yet not exactly lets watch with my baby

This movie was really good. Its positive message is that these characters help each other and also refuse to leave a person behind. Though for violence, there is a decapitation within the first 5 minutes. There isn't an overly amount of violence though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 26, 2011

Great Zombie Thriller

I honestly didn't think the violence was that bad. The language is some I hear in schools every day. The main characters work together, and the lead was trying to bring down the corrupt corporation. Overall, this is a very good film. Milla Jovovich (Alice) and Michelle Rodriguez (Rain) are great in this movie, as well as Eric Mabius (Matt), James Purefoy (Spence), and Martin Crewes (Chad Kaplan). Great cast, great acting, great movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2011

great movie but APOCALYPSE will be better hopefully

I saw this movie today it was great but hopefully the next one will be better
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 20, 2011

Gory, but good

This is now one of my favs. The language is what you'd expect in a PG-13 movie so it isn't that bad. Many of the zombies look frightening and even skinless. It is great the way it switches between action and suspense. If you want a taste of the gore go on Youtube and type in Resident Evil Laser Scene. Great techno thriller.
Teen, 16 years old Written byGorrilas R Beast January 9, 2011

It's fine for like 13+

It's awesome. The goriest part was the laser scene. I love this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byelreader46 July 11, 2010

This zombie "end of the world" thriller is a truel good movie with some iffy parts involved. In the movie Alice, zombie hunter, is killing a virus deep under ground. The movie is gory, violent, little sexual behavor. Some kisses here and there, but it is truely a very violent and gory flick. Recommended for people fifteen and up.l
Teen, 15 years old Written byneutral15 May 1, 2010

Not 14? don't watch please

a good movie that's too violent for anyone who is not a tenneager
Teen, 13 years old Written byKiki Long. February 18, 2010

It's Alright

I actually love this film, the gore isn't that bad, I think it's because even though you see someone lazered in to a heap of human mush it doesn't look real. It isn't the best story line but it was good for a sleepover.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2009

Some people may like it some people may hate it.

Good but very disappointing. im a huge fan of the video game but this movie disappointed me because: Acting is horrible Doesn't keep close at all to the book To short Cg is bad i did like the action in the movie and it was entertaining. the movie does have bad language that is not suitable for kids under the age of 13-15. the movies violence is pretty violent the only time it does get the most violent is the laser scene where most of them are dying. so the movies pretty good just doesn't keep close to t he games and has language that does not have to be used. it has some dumb s**ual references and some flash backs of you know what.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZachc1126 April 9, 2008

I luved it!

it one of my favorite movies! too bad i watched it when i was sick
Teen, 13 years old Written byalbinoballpython April 9, 2008

One Of The Best Movies Ever Made!!!

But Resident Evil Apocalypse Is Better!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypdh95 April 9, 2008

good movie

pretty good movie sequels are better