Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Ride Along 2

Formulaic sequel has violence, some funny moments.

Parent Written byFanBoyJosh314 January 16, 2016

Heartless sequel

The sequel to the original Ride Along is a heartless, hollow sequel that squanders what little charm one could glean from the original. Violence - A man holds a handgun on another man standing against a picture window as we see two shots hit the window from outside and we hear the man fall, apparently dead (we see no blood). A man shoots a gun and a man jumps in the shot's path, taking it in his bulletproof vest; another man picks him up and aims the back of the vest at the shooter and another person kills the shooter (we see a scratch of blood on the shooter's cheek). Sex - A woman dresses provocatively in a tight police shirt and hat, a bra revealing significant cleavage and bikini panties while swinging a night stick and handcuffs; she tells her fiancé, "You're going downtown" and he leaves the room (no sex occurs). Language - In the movie, I heard 2 uses of f**k, and at least 3 uses of douchebag, idiot, oh my god, and more.

Adult Written bybenraleigh March 7, 2016

Ride Along 2

Funny for tweens/teens but not for young kids

Adult Written byStevie111 February 13, 2016

Ride Along 2 is just like the first one, except less funny

I was disappointed with Ride Along 2. I really enjoyed the first one. Even though it was predictable, it was funny and enjoyable. I found the sequel to be fine in most categories, but I didn't think it was very funny. I didn't laugh much and I thought the jokes and story were basically the same as the first. The violence is similar to the first film, but I thought there was less language and sexual material in this one. Don't get me wrong, it's there, but not as much. So if you like the stars or the first film, it's worth a watch, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I personally didn't care for it.

Adult Written byKarenBW January 22, 2016

Formulaic and silly

Kevin Hart is generally funny, but the story here is nothing new or special. We've seen the same shtick over and over in other movies. The jokes aren't funny and there are many holes in the plot. The actress playing the policewoman is good but the one playin Kevin Hart's character's fiancée is unbelievable. Seems like she was cast just to show off her assets. There's nothing to be learned from this movie... and it's not very entertaining. Sherry Shepard is disappointing in her role - not funny, she was better on The View.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byMzBernal84 June 3, 2016