Odd-couple buddy-cop flick is violent, predictable but fun.

Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

I'm gonna take you on a Ride Along

It was a perfect blend of action, comedy, short comedians, and Ice Cube.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 17, 2014

Hysterical buddy comedy is quite predictable, but still very good

The movie is violent, crude, and profane, but all on moderate levels. 1 f-word, sex jokes and a strip club scene, shootouts and hostage situations. Teenagers should be fine, and my very mature 10 year old sister was fine, so just choose what's best for your kid.
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2014

Ride along

I was expecting this movie to be more funnier than it was. Common sense says 2 on sexual content but their are graphic scenes. Their is some violence like somebody gets their head smashed on a table but violence isn't graphic and mostly played for laughs. I think this is a little iffy for ten but fine for most eleven year old's.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byshawn72 February 15, 2014

Bad Movie

This movie was good up until the scene with Lawrence Fishburne appeared. The movie used Gods name in vain twice when he appeared once used by him and once by Ice Cube. We walked out because of it. The sexual reference in this movie was mild as well. It would have been a better movie if it did not use god****!!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMovielover02 January 28, 2014

Funny Movie

I thought this movie didn't actually have much s-xual content, the main problem was language: The "N" word, the "F" word, an two uses of p---y. Overall fine for mature 10 year olds.
Parent Written byBrowneee March 2, 2014

Not for 13 year olds

You can tell this movie just missed an "R" rating. There is a strip club scene that caught me off guard and there is a crude sexual scene that is very visual and awkward. I was prepared for all the shooting given that it is a cop movie, but I wish I had gone to the movie first and not have trusted the rating. The movie is also a poor attempt at being a Beverly Hills Cop remake. There are a few funny scenes but not enough to pay movie prices. Although there is no full nudity or guts, this movie is not appropriate for kids.
Parent Written byJorge April 29, 2014

Too much profanity and not anything new for storyline

I thought the movie would be really funny given Hart and didn't think profanity would be so pervasive given pg-13 rating; but the amount of obscenities made lines that could be funny inappropriate and uncomfortable.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 18, 2014

15 and up.

ride along is a average action/adventure comedy movie stars with kevin hart, and ice cube this comedy movie is fine for your older teens but parents you need to know that ride along has a lot of intense violence and lots of strong language used.
Parent Written byDan G. January 18, 2014

Too much objectionable content to subject any child to.

This movie was too predictable to be entertaining. Concerning objectionable material, there is way too much to be considered a movie to take (or send) children to. I thought the movie was too rough for it's PG-13 rating, it probably came very close to getting an R-rating. The language is despicable throughout, (if your child was to use this language in school, they would likely be suspended) much violence, shootings, and a couple of the main characters are living together unmarried. There is base humor of a sexual nature as well.
Educator Written byKevin Hodgson July 25, 2015

Ride along review

i think its okay for 12 and 11 year olds to watch this movie. the swearing and sex is a problem but it gets kids ready for movies that there going to watch later on. The consumerism is a problem to but like I said it gets kids ready for the movies they are going to watch later on.
Parent Written byDuncanDerund May 9, 2014

Ride Along

Great buddy cop movie. Some swears. The only extreme one is " Just Shut The F**k Up. There is a strip club scene with back nudity. Guns include explosions and middle gore. There is a hospitality scene where the main character gets injured.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2014

Kinda cool

There is one big strip club scene some innuendo and a little flirting hear and there but the language is high for pg-13 f--k is used once plus to uses of n---a s--t is used a lot all the time other words incude a--hole, a--, b---h, p---y bulls--t, goda--n, d--n, h--l, screwed and b-----d there is also some violence but if you watch superhero movies your cool with it and some people in a club drink liquor but it's esay to miss
Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2015

ride along

this is a amazing over done movie, it has some very awesome parts. theres 3 N words though, a little violence too much language and a part where they start to kiss and people taking other peoples thirst of, but there interrupted.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 16, 2015

Great film!!

Personally, I would want parents to use there judgement when letting their younger children watch this. The film does contain some questionable content. otherwise, I don’t see anything a mature fourteen year old couldn’t handle.. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it..
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperSebas18 February 26, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmmaChick January 23, 2016

Mature 8&up

I think this movie is really funny and good. It starts out a bit boring but just keeps getting better. I went and saw this with my 8yr old friend. The content is very appropriate and funny! One F bomb was dropped and about 10-12 S**ts, or variations, along with a few sexual jokes. the movie has quite a few gun shots/explosions, but sense the movie is comical they aren't scary nor loud. Overall this movie is probably appropriate 8-9+ with parent discretion. The movie has a good message; never underestimate someone!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykyrstencasey May 13, 2014

it is amazing i am 12 and have it i bought it a couple weeks ago

14 if inmature 12 if mature
Kid, 10 years old January 30, 2016

funny movie no sex some strong language seen at strip club nothing extremely explicit funny for teens

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoe S. February 4, 2014

This Movie is fine

Anyone who is 13 years of age or under will love this appropriate movie with very minimal swearing and barely any suggestive content. It is at about the show Brooklyn 99's level of maturity
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 January 31, 2016

It played too safe.

Ride Along is a safe and predictable movie. While Kevin Hart and Ice Cube were a good duo and the rest of the cast were fine, it has some funny moments and the action is exciting, it's just the same generic buddy cop that has been done to death. Grade: C+. Two and a half stars.