Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Rim of the World

Kids save the world from bloody aliens; language, violence.

Adult Written byHelenerowe May 27, 2019

Terrible writer/producer

I was excited about this film ; unfortunately the kids in the film drink alcohol and use way too many sexual references. Who wrote this? Who’s at fault for such atrocious writing ?

Adult Written byOkteiviaKomSkaikru May 28, 2019

Signed up for the sole purpose of warning parents about the sex talk in this show. Yeah, it's that bad.

After seeing a bunch of kids on the trailer, I put it on to watch with my daughter but was shocked by the amount of references to sex (threesomes, fellatio)... by the kids. Let me preface by saying that I'm not even a religious person but was still made uncomfortable. It was just bizarre because the characters are pre-pubescent children (they're not older teenagers) and seeing them talk like this felt very wrong. Makes me wonder what kind of legal technicality even allowed for this to be produced and aired. Still flabbergasted to say the least.

Adult Written byKC39 May 27, 2019

Disappointing

Very disappointing. We decided to watch this movie during family night with our 8 year old son and 11 year old daughter. We usually use this site to review movies before family night. We made the mistake of viewing this movie based off of the Netflix trailer. It shows a mostly kid cast in an adventure to save the planet from aliens. There are very few family movies these days so we were excited. Unfortunately we found out quickly that it is filled with unnecessary cursing and sexual conversations by both the kids and the young adults. My wife and I were stunned at the language. Do not watch with your young children if you actually teach them better and do not want them to think this is cool.

Adult Written byMoovy12 May 27, 2019

Not TV14

Watched this with my 14 year old son. Child in movie made reference to having had sex (he was 14 at most in movie). Language was crude and sexual in nature. It could’ve been fine without language. It was basically a dirty Stranger Things except that show is good.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTwinsmom06 May 28, 2019

We had to turn it off.

We only watched fifteen minutes and had to turn it off. We are not a goody-two-shoes family, maybe goody-one-shoe, and we love "Stranger Things" and re-watched "Lost" as family but "Rim of the World" was too much. My finger on the remote started twitching when the preteen flipped off the schlub just doing his job, then my finger sat on the power button when the camp counselor began talking about "dancing titties" and then the power went off after a camp counselor made a sexual innuendo about "putting it in your mouth". All done! Shocking.

Parent Written byRobyn M. May 27, 2019

Bad All Around

The stereotype racism is rampant in this film exemplifying a persons weakness into strength through cheesy lines and use of swear words. It is pretty graphic as the aliens are vicious and the adults appear to be inadequate to care for anyone. The swearing is found throughout. If this was rated it would be PG-13 or TV-MA. Besides the ridiculous storyline the shoty camera work that elementary students could do better. I don’t recommend you waste your time.

Adult Written byEW82 May 27, 2019

Inappropriate for younger children

Our kids were excited about watching this movie after seeing the trailer. Sadly, it was a huge disappointment. There was so much swearing and crude sexual comments it was ridiculous. We had to have our kids (10 and 11) stop watching.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byRiat35 May 27, 2019

All in all a good movie

There was a few sexual references and some swears. If your child has had sex education, fine. However, if not, you may be asked some questions after the film has ended. That aside, it was a good fun movie.

Adult Written byStrongmama May 29, 2019

Not sure what audience this is for.

Warning, don't put this on for your young kids! This could be a fun show about adventure and coming together to solve problems and save the world. There are middle school age kids in the movie. Usually, a movie with young teens appeals to elementary school age kids. Netflix should be ashamed of themselves for letting this movie through with the language that you find with an R rating. Would be fun if there was some sensorship.

Adult Written byNinJang May 27, 2019

Yeah, sure it has tons of language and sexual references, but at this age it’s common.

I’ll make myself clear, this is one of the darkest “kid” films I’ve seen so far. I know that this is classified as the teen movie genre, however some of the actors are known with Nickelodeon and all of that. Anyways, let’s begin: The message is fantastic, it shows that even if you have nothing on common with someone that doesn't mean you can't be friends. The protagonists in this movie have some terrible pasts, one of the characters has severe PTSD while another is a juvenile deliquent. Some of the swearing (that I'll agree with) is quite unnecessary, but in certain context it just makes the movie a lot funnier. Sure, you get Straight Outta Compton playing on a tape in a car, but its a great song though. I honestly except this behavior of Benjamin Flores Jr., the kid has starred in a lot of Nickelodeon shows and movies, and this movie really shows a lot of the actors true colors. This movie in genre is basically a ”teens save the world” type of movie. But, this is a really well done one, a lot of us laughed during the movie. Oh, and by the way, one character gets slashed in the stomach, but not deep enough though. Don't show this to younger kids though.

Adult Written byJackie81 May 29, 2019

Perverted writers/producers. Aimed at kids, but NOT for kids!

My 10 year old son kept asking to watch this as it kept popping up on Netflix. 10-15 minutes in, I could see it was another movie aimed at slowly desensitizing kids to sex, alcohol and racism as the norm. I switched it off, and checked the reviews and so glad we didn't keep watching it! Save your children's innocence, this movie is NOT for kids!
Adult Written byJhbid May 29, 2019

Poor strategy- extremely inappropriate sex jokes with a kids plots/actors

I'm not a particularly conservative, and bad language for my kids doesn't bother me much, especially if faced with killer aliens, but the sex jokes are so extraordinarily inappropriate, you would think this was for 16+ yr old kids. Crude jokes..2 on 1 (the one being 13 yrs old), lack of virginity, blow jobs (2x), Lithuanian smoothie, etc. But 16 yr old kids that age would never watch 13 yr olds saving the universe with a kids cheesy plot and acting. To their credit, it is rated TV14 so I should have gone off more than the trailer.

Adult Written byChocoRabbit May 29, 2019

This movie isn't really for anyone.

The plot is too simple and the dialog too cheesy for this movie to be interesting enough for adults, but the language is too inappropriate for kids. Also, anyone who thinks that it's normal for 11-year-olds to speak like this really shouldn't become parents or work with kids in any way.

Adult Written byLorrainewil June 8, 2019

Terrible

Language and over the top sexual references/innuendo and it is supposed to be about 13 year olds here people. Didn't anyone who worked on this movie have kids? I am not a prude but this was so bad and the references so unnecessary I couldn't finish watching. Piece of garbage that could have been a fun movie for tweens.

Adult Written bymather88 June 8, 2019

Disappointing movie marketed to young kids

This could have been a good family movie. Unfortunately, it was filled with sexual references and almost constant obscenities. Skip this one.

Adult Written byddouglasvibert May 31, 2019

Disappointed

For the age of the kids depicted in this film, there is way too much “gratuitous” swearing, sexual content (e.g., fellatio references), and race stereotyping (borderline racist) comments and depictions. This movie is not analogous to “Stranger Things” and it would have done much better if it had aligned itself with the themes and content of—let’s say “ET”—with the drama and violence at the level of Independence Day. Under 15s still want to (and should) be kids and the movie should have reflected this reality. Not sure what the seemingly twisted minds of the producers/writers of this film were thinking by doing otherwise.

Adult Written byM7911 May 30, 2019

Gross and Bad stereotypes

Would have been a cute movie minus all the sexual talk/ adult humor. There is non stop swearing throughout the whole movie from the kids, and too many sexual innuendos. The stereotypes are awful and overdone to the point of being kinda racist. Sort of a disappointment for supposed to being a kid movie.
Adult Written byasm123 May 28, 2019

Misleading

My son was excited to see it. The plot is definitely aimed at kids (they are pre-teens at summer camp for goodness sake) but then the language, racial jokes, and sexual innuendos began. At one point the "kids" were discussing who gets to "sleep" with who. Just filth.

Adult Written byI used to be a kid July 18, 2019

Disappointed!

I decided to watch this thinking it was a benign kids movie. If you removed the very foul language, crude remarks, and the explicit sexual references including in a rap song played on a car radio, then it'd be benign. Then it would be a decent way to kill some time with the granddaughters ages 8 and 5. Oh, I forgot you'd have to eliminate some gore, especially where an alien dog is shown ripping flesh and bones from a woman. It's just sad that a decent B movie is indecent because adults think they're making it "more realistic". I gave it a "too much sex" rating due to the very crude references to sexual activities.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byRene L July 7, 2019

Terrible, it has 12 or 13 yo kids talking about fellatios and Threesomes

Just Terrible, not a movie for kids, I don't even know who actors parents let them act in that movie, too much sexual references, really gross, I stopped the movie around minute 15.