All member reviews for Rise of the Guardians

Teen, 15 years old Written byFrootloopsky November 22, 2012

Five stars!

It is the best movie I have ever seen, honestly it is my new favorite movie! I laughed and cried and enjoined every second. I'm 15 and went with my grandma and two younger siblings that are 10 and 11 and they all absolutely loved it. The graphics were positively beautiful and the voices were fantastic...perfect family movie! I'm defiantly going to go see it again! <3 Jack Frost <3
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2012

Rise of the Guardians (SPOILERS)

This was a pretty good movie. It was better than I expected. The story was really cute, and the script was well written. Thought I didn't think it was that much of a Christmas movie. The Guardians are very positive role models, they risk everything for the children of the world (one even dies). Though the Guardians are very positive role models, Pitch is a negative one. He is willing to terrorize the children of the world just to be believed in. I personally didn't find anything in this movie scary, but some kids might find the sequences in which Pitch's nightmare horses are present frightening. Some rude comments are said, but there really wasn't any profanity. So overall this was a pretty good movie for family night.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 November 24, 2012

Solid animated holiday flick!

What kid doesn't like Santa, The Easter Bunny, The Tooth Fairy, etc? So when all 3 (and then some) clash together into one whole movie? Your child will probably be begging you to take them to this one. Although the villain is Pitch (The Boogeyman) who strives on children's fear, the movie is very family-friendly. Be aware that Pitch is somewhat creepy and his black horses especially may scare very young viewers. Violence does not include any blood, gunfire, or stabbings but uses magic for most of it's violence - such as Jack Frosts' staff which can turn anything into ice he wishes to. (SPOILER ALERT:) There is also a major character death that may be quite upsetting considering the character was the scene stealer, but that character later comes back to life. There is minor flirting and a quick eye-gazing scene, but no kissing. Language is limited to "bloody" which comes out of the Australian Easter Bunny's mouth somewhat frequently as well as "coward" and "go suck on an egg" which Pitch uses to insult the Easter Bunny. As lots of children's movies do, this movie provides a great message in not only believing in "The Guardians" but also Jack's transformation into a Guardian after basically playing the evil invisible trickster his whole (inhuman) life. Overall, Rise of the Guardians is a very good holiday children's film that all ages will enjoy - even you, the parent!
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2012

Don't take 5 year olds or Younger!

This is a great movie but it might be scary for the younger kids to see Santa, the Easter bunny,Sand Man and the tooth fairy fighting with pitch. As you can see I selected language but that is just making fun of people and teasing. My 5 year old little brother and I saw it together but he got scared 40 min. in the movie. I will say he is always emotional though. I selected violence for Santa using swords and the Easter bunny using sharp boomerangs. There are no explosions or guns at all. If your younger kids see this remember to tell them that the guardians didn't actually get hurt or anything. That it was all pretend.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySienna D. December 3, 2012

Definately on my top 5!

I'm 13 and went to see this movie yesterday, and it's definately up there on my top 5 Christmas movies!! My friends who have seen it also enjoy it as well! I absolutely loved it! Some parts were expected, but some were totally unexpected as well. The animation was pretty amazing, I've seen better, but it didn't really distract me. Each characters' personality was unique in it's own way and nearly all were great role models, except of course Pitch Black (The Boogyman). There were a few scenes with very minor flirting and one eye-gaze moment, but it's nothing kids can't handle. Some sensitive kids may find some scenes, like fighting with Pitch, to be mildly disturbing, but I think it's kid-friendly! The best part is that it's not mainly focused on Christmas, more about believing, so you can watch it anytime of the year without it feeling out of place! It's also great for adults and teens! I also already made plans to go see it again next weekend, it's that good! Enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoking-jay November 23, 2012

eh, I would try

this movie has some scary parts that can frighten younger ones quite a bit. :( this movie was just like many other movies, a happy ending. the whole family could predict what's going to happen next.
Kid, 9 years old November 25, 2012

look down

I saw this movie with my friends and brothers in the theaters today and i thought it was just OK i for sure think Wreck-It Ralph is better and if you are looking for a movie to see go see that instead. Boogeyman is very scary and this movie is violent for a kids movie and i dont recommend it for kids under 9 or maybe 8. it manages to give out a good message about identity and courage.
Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2012

great message for youngsters

keep believing is all i have to say
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2012

8 and up

Allmost anyone can watch this! Just make sure you watch it first! The Boogyman might be scary for some kids. When I watched it with my parents there was a 5 yr old who was crying because the Boogyman appeared in the kids room on the screen and I think she thought it might go in her room or something... But yea 8 and up!
Kid, 7 years old November 24, 2012

Loved it, read on!

Review from a child: I saw Rise of the Guardians 3D version and loved it. We saw it during the day and were the only ones in the theater. The movie is about a secret society that protects children (Easter Bunny, Santa, Tooth fairy and Sandman) but than they find out that Jack Frost has to be a guardian and if he will succeed? My favorite character was Jamie. I would recommend this to my friends, parents and grandparents. On a scale 1 to 5, I rate this a 5 for language, 4 for Graphics, 5 for Costumes, 5 for Story and 5 for special effects. The movie never got boring and the movie never scared me. Overall 5 stars. Thanks for reading my review. I am a child under 10 and my parents have me review movies as we see them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 15, 2012

Animated holiday essemble flick has some slow parts but still delivered what I wanted

I was extremely looking forward to this movie and loved this idea but while I really liked the movie...I had a little bit of problems with it. First, they focused on the boogeyman thing a little too much too the point where some of the movie got a little underwhelming and some parts were a little slow. But PLEASE don't get me wrong the movie still delivered. The action was really good and the voice acting was great. Most notably, Dakota Goyo, Alec Badwen, Chris Pine, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher, and Jude Law. Alec Baldwen was really funny as a russian Santa Claus, Chris Pine had a lot of depth to him as Jack Frost and you really felt for him when nobody was believing in him. Also, I HAVE to give props to Dakota Goyo as Jamie. Dakota Goyo is a REALLY good and overlooked actor and gives a good performance in anything, most notably "Real Steel", and an episode of "The Haunting Hour". Back onto his character, he had a lot of depth to him and no matter what anybody said he still believed in the guardians. Also the action scene at the end was really well done!!! And the animation for this movie was amazing!!! Overall, it does have a little bit of slow moments but in the end, it gets really good and definitely worth watching. 7+
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2012

Jack

LOVED IT! It was funny, exiting, and cool, but don't take kids younger than Six. They might be scared of the Boogeyman, or Santa's tattoos and swords. (Spoiler) on the other hand I hate the tooth fairy she was flirting with my future boyfriend Jack!!!
Kid, 10 years old December 2, 2012

Guardians

I really loved this movie. It gives kids a positive role model and also inspires them
Teen, 15 years old Written byNat78Y December 2, 2012

Greatest movie ever

This is definately my new favorite movie. Im 15 and I thought it was one of the most adorable movies in the world. The characters are really well done as well as the story line. I smiled almost the entire movie. Definately recommended!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 November 27, 2012

i enjoyed it

some fighting and scary images but nothing a 7 year old cant handle
Kid, 7 years old November 25, 2012

Good good movie

Good movie for kids age 7up!I should know because I'm 7.it is not ok for younger kids because the movie's violence.
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2012

Amazing!

This was a wonderful movie. This film teaches children the importance of believing. Common Sense Media is right, The Tooth Fairy does seem smitten with Jack, but not for the reasons you think. Jack is known for having extremely beautiful teeth. In the movie the Tooth Fairy is a little obsessed with pretty teeth. Tooth is more smitten with Jack's brushing skills than him. Just one thing you need to worry about. The character known as Pitch Black, or the Boogeyman, may seem scary or overwhelming to small children. When Pitch shows up the screen goes a little dark, and Pitch speaks in a quiet voice showing he means trouble. Great movie, definitely worth seeing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byant18 December 1, 2012

So many good messages

This was the best movie i have ever seen, it had so many good messages and can teach everyone something about themselves and the world, and how to overcome fear. A must watch. Just a hint, if you watch it look for the true meaning of the characters in the movie!!
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2012

I didn't like it but that is probably just me :)

I didn't really enjoy this movie but that is just me :{ Language: bloody this and bloody that, kind of like Ron from Harry Potter. "Go suck an egg" Sex: I got nothing. Violence: nightmarish images for kids under 7. Santa uses swords. disappointing movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus November 29, 2012

Love it!

First of all, the animation in this movie was beautiful! That is one of this movie's strongest points. I didn't see this in 3-D, but I think it would look really good if I had. I also really liked the characters (even the bad guy). They work very well together, are all very likable, and I thought the voice acting was spectacular. I like how the movie focuses on the back-story of Jack Frost. I was hoping for a little more comedy, but that didn't really ruin my experience. Great movie to start off the holiday season! Great for all ages!