All member reviews for Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Teen, 13 years old Written byBONES&BOOTH4EVER August 6, 2011

Looks Great, previous was amazing

The one before this was so amazing cant wait to see this one
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan1011 August 15, 2011

Planet of the Apes = Fresh reboot

For a summer movie, this movie was probably one of the best ones this year. Overall, this movies is good. People of all ages will like it. The CG is somewhat cartoonish, but the story will make you quickly forget it. I have never seen any of the original planet of the apes, but after seeing this one, it motivates me to watch them. But while this movie is good, it's just not completely great. But that is my opinion, I'm sure many others will like this movie a lot. I enjoyed it, but probably the main reason I didn't FULLY like it, was probably because at one point I found myself somewhat bored. While the monkey's part of the story was really entertaining (and emotional) the human parts can be kind of bland and sometimes boring. Even though the movie stars James Franco, most people will be focusing on the ape parts story. Face it: the spot light is stolen by the monkey. So this movie is highly worth it. I just want to add something: if your looking for a movie that is full of action like many other summer movies, you might want to look somewhere else. While there are sequences of action, there's a lot of pauses in between them. Although I did not find this film great, I found it worthwhile. And I'm sure most other people will too.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2011

Good movie for ape fans and families!

This is a movie about test subject apes who become very smart and overthrow the humans. The main character is a good role model. There is some mild language and some blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 5, 2011

A pleasant surprise of the summer!

Seeing the trailer in theaters, I thought "Oh jeez, another fx driven crap-fest like I heard 'Transformers 3' was" but seeing it in the theaters really changed my mind! It's thoughtful, got a solid script, and the special effects are mind-blowing! All those apes are CG! How is it done?!?! My only complaint is the human characters are a little 2-dimensional, I wish their stories would've been told more. They're mostly just their to show why apes hate the human race and want to take over.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywishucdb3Dlkme August 6, 2011

I've never watched...

I've never watched any of the previous Planet Apes movies, but I can freely say that this was the best movie that I've ever seen that belongs in that animals attacking humans/ becoming like humans category. The movie had a good amount of violence and suspense also. I don't normally watch movies twice, but I would watch this again. It is also something I would recommend it to everybody.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2011

Best Movie

This is, by far, my favorite movie... period. This movie has a great moral and has a pretty happy ending. Although, there is some animal cruelty which is quite disturbing, but without it, the movie wouldn't have the strong emotion and feeling it gave to me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCinnamoe August 13, 2011

Great summer movie!

This is a great movie! It was very entertaining! The plot was good, the acting was great, and the special effects were the best! Some violence and mild language, but nothing really bad. Thought-provoking, funny, and charming, this is one of the best movies of the summer!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng August 14, 2011

Pretty good, violence is infrequent but occasionaly gory

Rise of the planet of the apes is an interesting film. The story is pretty good and so is the acting and special effects. However, it can be a little slow at times and will occasionaly bore some people. Expect infrequent but intense and sometimes gory violence, visible alcohol, and some swearing including a few uses of sh-t, he-l, a-s, and d-mn. Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for intense animal violence, disturbing images, and some language
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher August 6, 2011

Very good movie

This movie was soooo surprisingly good. I didn't know how good it was going to be, but when I saw it, it was great. It wasn't even that bad. People would shoot apes and there would be blood, and there is a lot of destruction, but otherwise it didn't compare to a lot of the other pg13 movies I've seen. They didn't cuss much or there was no sex. This is fine for kmany kids if they are mature.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopstino August 8, 2011

A great summer movie!

I'm a teen and i loved this movie! There are some scary moments and violent ones too but it is not over the top.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2011

not a kids movie.

Good movie. There is some blood, i dont really care but if blood is too much for you there are a few senes you want to close your eyes at. I think when the ape pushes the the helicopter out of the bridge is kinda disturbing. There is also animal cruelty so it might disturb some people. My ratig-pg13 for vilence and disturbing images.
Teen, 13 years old Written byizzylovesmovies August 16, 2011

what i think about rise of the planet of the apes !!!!!!!

i watched this movie in the cinema and even though there were people crunching popcorn behide me i still got captured by this brillent movie . its a very clever and interesting concept . i loved the last previous movie ,but i seemed to like this one just abit more (even though it was a bit slower at some points ). This movie tells you what happens on earth well the main characters in the previous movie are up in space . although sometimes this film was a bit sad and i was shocked about the animal cruelty.This was still a fabulous film !!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveJayda August 17, 2011

Good for 13 yr olds with a thick skin

I loved this movie, but I know my 2 sisters (also 13) could not handle it. I don't care. It's me and my mom's thing to see tear jerkers and controversial movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysammycat August 20, 2011

Summers best

Rise of the planet of the Apes has been, in my opinion, the best movie of the summer. If you are a really big animal lover, you might not want to see this because the humans treat the apes badly throughout the movie. The humans shoot at, spray with hoses and, try to shock the apes. In return, the apes spray the humans, throw spears at them, and throw them off bridges. James Franco and Freida Pinto (Slumdog Millionaire,) both do an incredible acting job in this movie. There is some language, (the famous line from the first movie,) and when it comes to role models, the apes are better role models than the humans. But there are some positive messages in this movie, and language is mild for a PG-13, but there are some violent scenes. All and all, anyone 12 and older should be able to handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTransformers3Fan August 20, 2011

rise of the planet of the apes

rise of the planet of the apes is a great movie to watch in the theaters and there is a lot of violence and only one use of s--t
Teen, 13 years old Written byTacos_R_Good August 17, 2011

Some Animal Cruelty...

When I was going to see the movie, I wasnt all too thrilled about it, but just after the first 20 minutes, I was so glad I decided to watch it! It was so well put together! I do have to say tho, being an animal lover I was kinda disturbed by the violence between the mean chimps and Ceaser. Also, the guy who would watch over the monkeys often showed animal cruelty. But aside from that the movie was amazing! The script was really good, and it definatley is very suspenseful! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Occasionally dark and violent, and ultimately upsetting to some

The long awaited Rise of the Planet of the Apes more than makes up for the ten years away from this franchise, and even that was just a remake, but this is an actual attempt to restart the franchise, and I think that they have done well with there attempts. While the tv spots originally made this movie look incredibly violent and intense, they where in fact mostly focusing on the second half of the movie, where the revolution between the humans and the apes is taking place. While, yes, it is still fairly violent and at times quiet upsetting, the whole movie is not non-stop action, as it does take some time to breath and actually becomes very smart and well done. Even so, the ending isn't really a happy one as you would have obviously guessed, but aside from some very infrequent profanity, there really isn't all that much else to worry about. Most teens should love it and the ingenious way that it tells us the origins of the story, but may be a little too upsetting for much younger viewers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson August 21, 2011

My Cousin Says It's Awesome

There is nothing extremely inappropriate in this movie. My cousin has seen it and he told me all this. I think children (not stupid ones) can watch it. Enjoyable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 23, 2013

Touching

This was a heartbreaking movie. Well, to me at least. I have a huge place in my heart for animals and this movie was a real tearjerker. The violence and animal abuse is a bit much for younger kids. Know your kid before wtching it with them.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2012

Great movie, could've been better

I really liked this reboot of the classic movies I loved. It was a really cool movie, but there were some things left out of the story, and the effects. When Caesar spoke, I was shocked! I'm sure everyone else was! Note to parents: Movie is very violent and scary.