All member reviews for Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Teen, 13 years old Written byBONES&BOOTH4EVER August 6, 2011

Looks Great, previous was amazing

The one before this was so amazing cant wait to see this one
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 23, 2013

Touching

This was a heartbreaking movie. Well, to me at least. I have a huge place in my heart for animals and this movie was a real tearjerker. The violence and animal abuse is a bit much for younger kids. Know your kid before wtching it with them.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

Occasionally dark and violent, and ultimately upsetting to some

The long awaited Rise of the Planet of the Apes more than makes up for the ten years away from this franchise, and even that was just a remake, but this is an actual attempt to restart the franchise, and I think that they have done well with there attempts. While the tv spots originally made this movie look incredibly violent and intense, they where in fact mostly focusing on the second half of the movie, where the revolution between the humans and the apes is taking place. While, yes, it is still fairly violent and at times quiet upsetting, the whole movie is not non-stop action, as it does take some time to breath and actually becomes very smart and well done. Even so, the ending isn't really a happy one as you would have obviously guessed, but aside from some very infrequent profanity, there really isn't all that much else to worry about. Most teens should love it and the ingenious way that it tells us the origins of the story, but may be a little too upsetting for much younger viewers.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2011

not a kids movie.

Good movie. There is some blood, i dont really care but if blood is too much for you there are a few senes you want to close your eyes at. I think when the ape pushes the the helicopter out of the bridge is kinda disturbing. There is also animal cruelty so it might disturb some people. My ratig-pg13 for vilence and disturbing images.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2012

Great movie, could've been better

I really liked this reboot of the classic movies I loved. It was a really cool movie, but there were some things left out of the story, and the effects. When Caesar spoke, I was shocked! I'm sure everyone else was! Note to parents: Movie is very violent and scary.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl November 6, 2011

it was pretty good

i thought i wouldnt like this movie but i actually did. im a huge potter fan and i only saw it because of tom felton but i realized it was pretty good. i think the pg-13 rating is nothing to be afraid of. its just stuff u usually see and hear. i think it show good relationships between animals and humans.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTransformers3Fan August 20, 2011

rise of the planet of the apes

rise of the planet of the apes is a great movie to watch in the theaters and there is a lot of violence and only one use of s--t
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng August 14, 2011

Pretty good, violence is infrequent but occasionaly gory

Rise of the planet of the apes is an interesting film. The story is pretty good and so is the acting and special effects. However, it can be a little slow at times and will occasionaly bore some people. Expect infrequent but intense and sometimes gory violence, visible alcohol, and some swearing including a few uses of sh-t, he-l, a-s, and d-mn. Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for intense animal violence, disturbing images, and some language
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2011

Best Movie

This is, by far, my favorite movie... period. This movie has a great moral and has a pretty happy ending. Although, there is some animal cruelty which is quite disturbing, but without it, the movie wouldn't have the strong emotion and feeling it gave to me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 5, 2011

A pleasant surprise of the summer!

Seeing the trailer in theaters, I thought "Oh jeez, another fx driven crap-fest like I heard 'Transformers 3' was" but seeing it in the theaters really changed my mind! It's thoughtful, got a solid script, and the special effects are mind-blowing! All those apes are CG! How is it done?!?! My only complaint is the human characters are a little 2-dimensional, I wish their stories would've been told more. They're mostly just their to show why apes hate the human race and want to take over.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2015

Great Movie! Can't Wait To See Sequel!

This was a great movie that I begged my dad to see. He was reluctant, but in the end, he let me watch it. I had low expectations. I was surprised by the excellent quality of it. The language is very harsh though. That's why I gave this movie a 13+. The violence wasn't so bad, but the language was a bit rough. Great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIHazCawfee February 15, 2015

Amazing Movie Appropriate for Mature 10+

I Really Love this movie. It was amazing but kind of scarily realistic. Good Messages: 0 I cant think of any Role Models 1: The Human (I forget his name) Is a good Owner but will put his father in danger for science. Caesar Starts a war but tries to avoid killing people Violence 3: At the beginning of the movie poachers chase and capture apes. Then after an ape is shot for rampaging on a lab. A finger is bitten to the bleeding point. A man is electrocuted to death and apes are tortured with jets of water. Many people are killed in a riot along with several apes Sex 1: Barely anything. Occasional kisses and flirting Language 2: 1 Sh-t and a bunch of damns and hells Consumerism 1: An apple Computer Drugs'n Stuff 1: People are shown with drinks in their hands
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 13, 2015

Violent but thrilling Simion flick has lots of action

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan February 4, 2015

Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie review

This movie was okay. I didn't love the film as everyone on Earth did. I'll start with the positives I had with the movie. I really liked Andy Serkis as Caesar. He showed great emotion as an ape. The C.G.I in this movie is tremendous. I did like the story structure. I did like the way it was set up. However, I do have problems with the tone. At one moment it was very happy and cheerful. At another instance, the movie was very violent. The tone inconsistency kind of makes the film feel uneven. Also, I didn't feel the need to see the movie again. I probably never will.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2015

Very good movie

There is violence but only in the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 January 1, 2015

Very good CGI and acting do little to save dissapointing prequel.

Despite being more family friendly than Dawn, this prequel is not as touching as its sequel. The characters are poorly developed, and require Dawn to develop most of the apes. There is some language, some violence towards the end of the film and references to terrifying, real diseases such as Alzheimer's. My dad and brother loved this film, but I much prefer the sequel, Rise.
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2014

a bit violent

There are some violent scenes in this film. At the end there's a big fight between the apes and humans and I think I heard the word s**t during the film
Teen, 17 years old Written bycristoboldc December 16, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 November 30, 2014

A spectacular film on Apes versus Humans. Andy Serkis was phenomenal as Caesar. The CGI was good, it wasn't cheesy. The action was cool and the other cast members weren't bad.