All member reviews for R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It

Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2014

Pretty good tv spinoff/ horror throwback

This film is actually pretty good, predictable but entertaining enough with some funny lines and a cool creature. not too scary, but the monster is killed pretty grossly (it attacks, and kills, itself, this is mostly off-screen, and the monster babies are squashed, resulting in lots of green goo.
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2009

commonsense is no help!

this is a little kids movie. I saw it when I was 4 sure it has violence but believe me 6+ is even overrated
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2014

CSM Insight - The Haunting Hour (DVD)

What other families should know about this is that it has moderate scary scenes. The movie is not for any child under 9 especially, even though it is mythical. A girl goes into a Halloween shop and you see some disturbing things in there. A little boy is forced to fight the monster, and its head splits in two. SPOILER: The monstrous creature is defeated and it melts with bright light and then explodes in a beam of light, and you see icky goo (blood) splatter everywhere. Overall Insight: Moderate scary scenes, threat, mild fantasy violence, gory moments.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylaurensb September 2, 2013

I Loved It When I Was Younger

The last time I watched this movie was almost 7 years ago. I'm sure if I watched it again it wouldn't be as good, but I remember enjoying it as an 8 year old. It definitely got me scared for a few nights.
Kid, 11 years old March 26, 2011

Not good for younger kids

I like this movies especially because Hannah Montana's Emily Osment is in it. Its purpose doesn't even matter in life. It will scare little kids out of there minds. If your child is muture then let him or her watch it
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2010

A little scary
Kid, 9 years old February 20, 2010

pretty good quite scary it is not really a horror just like a scary movie ages 7-8 is iffy 8-10 on minus 10+ ON
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2012

Scarier than Goosebumps

Great movie, but I'm worried it would scare young viewers. I'm a huge fan of R. L. Stine, but I had nightmares when I saw this movie. Kids are better off watching The TV series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag July 5, 2012

Mindless, unoriginal - and way too scary for its target group.

"R.L. Stine's Haunting Hour: Don't Think About It" is a horror movie starring Emily Osment. The plot is not original, but it is effective: If you don't want the monster to come, don't think about it. However, while the plot can give some real nightmares or at least a very unconfortable feeling, the movie itself is rather comedy than horror. The jump scenes are predictable and at some parts it is simply hilarious. Parts with cliched slime, extremely fake looking "babies" of the monster, illogically placed caves, a more than ridiculous ending. Let's face it: The target group are younger kids and - judging through the lead actress - fans of the popular TV show "Hannah Montana". The thing is that the movie ends up much too frightning for younger viewers. This is just like putting a sex scene into "The Teletubbies" - it is age inappropriate, but the target group will remain the same. Another negative thing is the extreme product placement. You will see a Pizza delivery guy throughout much of the movie, and he does not even have a huge role. The only reason why I would recommend to watch this movie is if you want to laugh out loud. An absolute waste of time. Like mentioned above, the movie is too scary for younger viewers, only suitable for teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 16, 2011

Great movie for young kids!

My MPAA Rating, PG: Some scary moments, violence, and thematic elements
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2010

what's halloween the anserw is in this movie it's about what's evil it's not a holiday it's spooky
Teen, 14 years old Written byCyber Link December 25, 2009

The movie's was a great, in my opinion. I didn't think much of the "horror" stuff in the movie(though it IS a horror movie) and the much-criticized "Pizza advertisment" side of the film. I just liked the funny antics and quotes from Cassie. It's a movie that tweens can actually relate to, that is, if they're not bound by peer pressure.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009

The movie isnt that scary to me but thats because i'm 12 but if your child is atleast 7 years old and wants to see a really scary movie and you just don't think there ready to see PG-13 try this. The haunting hour don't think about it is a intense and scary movie for horror beginers although it will be to scary for kids under the age of 7. So again if your child is atleast 7 and is head over heels for horror this is the perfect movie for them.
Kid, 12 years old October 28, 2009

the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it u shoud see it if you have not! i now i liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasmineFudge February 14, 2009

The Haunting Hour:Dont Think About It

i love this movie it was very good...i mean awesome

Scary For Younger kids

This would be a little freighting for little kids, but no problem for kids 9 and up.overall, it was a great movie.

Good movie!

Chills , thrills and more. Yes , thier is some papa john stuff , but who really cares. A horror movie kids can watch! But if you have a sensitive kid , this may be a teeny bit off the spot!
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Super Cool...

This movie is awesome! I enjoyed the movie big time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

clever but scary

this movie freaked me out a bit but it was pritty good for tweens and up. (nobody under the age of 8 see this) it will freak them out!
Teen, 15 years old Written byregirl April 9, 2008