All member reviews for Robin Hood (2010)

Teen, 17 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 December 31, 2010

A True Epic

The tale of Robin Hood has to have been told a hundred different ways. This is defiantly the best. This movie succeeds on every level. From a great cast to a well thought out story line 'Robin Hood' delivers. This movie is a true epic.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywainy2011 March 11, 2011

crap film!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 12, 2011

Violent would-be epic dissapoint's, but still entertains in terms of action

I was rather dissapointed last summer when I saw Ridley Scott's version, or ramake, of the age old Robin Hood fable. Sure, it was packed with relentless violence and blood, which was surprising considering that it was only Rated PG-13 so that's a plus for me. But, it just wasn't entertaining enough and was way too long and way too slowly paced to be exciting enouugh. But, I still enjoyed it for what it was because it still did what it prosmiesd: Enjoyable violent action sequences and some fairly decent acting. Still, this movie is far too violent for tween's and contains numerous graphic head (and even a neck shot at one point) shot's with arrows, and also there is some very minor sexuality inclding a brief scene near the beginning of the movie where you can see a bit of partial nudity from both sexes. Enjoyable for most teens, but not appropriate for tween's.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjongoalkeeper24 February 12, 2011

Awesome!

Excellent Movie!! I Recommend this movie to everyone!
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2011

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE UNRATED DIRECTORS CUT.

it was pretty violent, some inappropriate sexual content, it can get boring, but overall i liked the action scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump June 8, 2010

A different take on the legend.

Right from the start you can tell that this is gonna be kinda like Gladiator (the film shares the same director and crusades are a perfect backdrop for his filming). Robin is an archer in King Richard's army. With that said you know that there is gonna be some gory scenes. But with the shaky camera angles and sheer volume of people on the battleground, it gets hard to focus on just one arrow and it's target. Several of these do find their mark within the middle of the lens' frame, and it peirces the recipient through the head, neck, or chest. At one piont, a member of Robin's party is tied around the neck and dragged by a runaway horse through the forest. The exacution of innocent civilians is mentioned and towns in England are pillaged and razed by King John's men. During the assult on Nottingham, Marion is almost victomized by a leader of the attackers who ends up with a knife stabbed in the back of his head. The final battle takes place on a beach as a English coalition repels a French invasion. All this leads up to a stubborn King John refusing to sign the Magna Carte, and Robin Hood being declared a outlaw. All in all the movie is a good experience, with a different plot than expected. And, dispite the numorous historical indiscrepencies, satisfies the desire for an action/adventure movie with some historical basis other than just mindless action.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 April 3, 2015

Violent fantasy-historical movie is entertaining enough, but weak.

This movie has its good moments, but its mostly below average. This is a shame. We have a good cast of actors, Ridley Scott as director (Alien, Gladiator, Prometheus) and a nice score. However, this doesn't save this predictable, cliché, unoriginal movie. It had its moments, and I'd give it a watch, but rent it. Final Score: 4/10: Below Average.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 October 8, 2014

Very graphic

This movie was pretty good, but it's full of blood, gore, death, and there is one sex scene. Being an archer myself, I found it very authentic when it came to the shooting scenes, but it was overall very, very graphic but also very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieCritic1704 June 22, 2014

It was Okay

I have the book which this movie is based off of. (I found the book at Dollar Tree.) I suggest reading the book first so you know what to expect. Otherwise the movie is somewhat violent, I've seen worse but I wouldn't recommend it for kids under 11.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNapoleon15 April 15, 2013

A smashing film

The film gives an excellent, new version of the story with historical background. The acting is all round fantastic especially Mark Strong who plays the villain. Parents should warned that the violence is a little strong. It is pretty much Lord of the Rings. Soldiers are slashed, burned, shot and in one case a group of villagers are shut in a barn and the barn is set aflame. There are some baudy remarks and some sexual reference. But nothing graphic is shown. This aside I think this is a very good film and a excellent portrait of medieval England.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWolf7 February 20, 2013

Robin Hood

good film. Too much sex
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanRoy July 12, 2012

Great Performances & Visuals, Though Slightly Insignificant Plot

Another great movie from Ridley Scott. However, Robin Hood isn't as good as Gladiator or Kingdom of Heaven. Mesmerizing performances from both Crowe and Blanchet, and somewhat from Strong. Landscapes are magnificent. The action is realistic, and tries its best not to be too bloody and yet thrill (and succeeds). However, the plot is slightly unconvincing, though the ending makes up for that. Parents should note that though the violent is not extreme, it does thrill, and may be intense for younger kids. There is a sex scene, but nothing is revealed, and it is interrupted in its early stages by one of the partner's mother. There is, however, lots of kissing between the two leads, but nothing alarming. There is drinking at a party, but really, that shouldn't be a problem. Overall, mildly great film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjb223 March 22, 2012

Boring

Just Boring has some good action but not much else....
Teen, 13 years old Written byyesthisisme January 15, 2012

awesome

really underrated and really well made.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRiverSong August 28, 2011

Robin Hood good for 11+

great movie just a little of the things i hi-lighted.
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 June 5, 2011

Pretty good

Pretty good movie its kind of hard to understand but, overall not bad at all. And by the way Russel Crowe is a great actor and he was a wonderful choice for a movie like this and Gladiator too!
Teen, 16 years old Written bygbsfan April 21, 2011

A bit violent

This movie was a bit violent for my tastes. The movie itself was OK though, I found it hard to understand and kind of confusing. I really went to see it because I liked one of the people acting in it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

i think it is really scary
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

good movie

good movie
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2010

Dumb

This movie was not the real story of Robin Hood. It was just a boring prequel, with the wrong actors chosen to be in it. It is quite violent for a PG-13. You see a man get shot through the neck with an arrow, with blood visible.