All member reviews for Robin Hood (2010)

Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2010

Dumb

This movie was not the real story of Robin Hood. It was just a boring prequel, with the wrong actors chosen to be in it. It is quite violent for a PG-13. You see a man get shot through the neck with an arrow, with blood visible.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2010

Robin Hood Review From A Kid

I LOVED this movie! It is not exactly ideal for 12 year olds but I loved it. Really good combination of action and adventure. A lot of sexual content and fighting, some gore but it's a really good movie. You actually feel like you're there fighting with them.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010

okay

@p dump how is this like gladiator this movie sucked gladiator was like 100x better if you want a better movie watch gladiator
Teen, 16 years old Written byRicochet94 September 21, 2010

Rather poor effort.

It's as if they were trying to keep the central premise (man turns outlaw to be a hero) of the Robin Hood story, but botch the rest of the story completely. Perhaps it would have been better if they gave it a different name entirely.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2010

its ok

This is a pretty good movie. it gets really boring at some parts but it does have lots of action.
Teen, 13 years old Written byduke the 6th July 19, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byspeede July 17, 2010

I really like this movie. It has some very intense med evil violence though. There was also a lot of BLOOD! A lot of shots to the head with arrows, spitting up blood stuff like that. There was some sex though too, like in the beginning a deputy forcefully kisses one of the female characters. Later on in the movie one of the "bad guys" locks the same female character in a barn and tries to have sex with her (ouch!).The movie though is very good in my opinion. I think the acting is well done, and the screen shots are amazing. It is definitely not for little kids though. I am not sure how well it follows the book because i have never read the novel before. The movie doesn't have to crude of language, which is good. The movie does have some flaws though (i think they're flaws)1. the family trees and if the person is bad or good is really hard to follow. 2. they had really bad continuity and referrals like they referred arrows to bullets, which bullets weren't even invented yet! The movie also supports capitalism (i believe that's the right word to describe it) heavily in my opinion. So if you don't like capitalism...( i don't know what to say) Hope this review helped ;)
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2010

boring

this movie is boring it goes for 2:30 hours and its basicly a long romance movie with some action. a few people are stabbed theres no blood but are very intense. some mild sexual refrences. the plot is all very confusing young kids won't understand this movie i don't think anybody understands this movie. like i said very boring its only worth a dvd rent.
Kid, 7 years old July 9, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bykummy14 June 29, 2010

A good movie, a little bit violent, but ok for kids 13 and up

Very good movie indeed. there are some violent scenes but not gory at all. it was a very good movie and to show that the legend of robin hood is real or not. it describes the life of robin hood during the 11th or 12th century. for me i enjoyed this movie greatly and i think that its an ok movie for kids 13 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover1996 June 28, 2010

i liked this movie a lot more than i expected to. there is a great deal of violence, especially in the battle scene at the end, there are people being stabbed, shot through the neck with arrows, and a blood soaked lake, there is also some sexual content, like at the beginning the mom of the prince walks into his bedroon, and sees him and his girlfrind making out and moving under the covers, and there is an almost rape scene, but before the guy gets what he wants to do dome, merrian stabs him, overall, a great movie,
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrandon4News June 20, 2010

Gritty Robin Hood is Super Boring

This is not a good film by any means. Besides one good action sequence, I could care less about this movie. I was bored for the whole 2 and a half hours or whatever the time was and it felt like 5 hours. There's also some unnecessary sensuality parents should be aware of.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2010

Good for ages 9+

I thought it might be a little scary, but it was fine! I want my little brother (7 years old) to go see! The language wasn't horribal, and the only concerns for sex, is when the prince and (soon to be) princess are in bed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

A bit of a let down in some cases,

I expected a bit different from this movie. I was dissapointed at certain things, for example the ending was really bad (IMO). Also, might have been my theater but a lot of the words seemed mumbled and hard to understand.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMillyMolly June 3, 2010

I liked this movie, but it wasnt what I expected. It wasnt a Robin Hood movie, so I hope they do a number two, to show that it is a Robin Hood story. I went to see this at the movies with some of my friends, cousins and my uncle, and one of my cousins are 7 but she didnt get scared. So it might not be ok for some children, but if a parent or guardian is with them there is not much of a big problem.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2010

Amazing

I went to see this with my dad at the theater it was amazing i would see it a second time at the theaters if i had the choice!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybluelego94 May 30, 2010

It is Robin Hood but with a twist.

So everyone used to seeing nottingham and all the merry men right away but in this they start out at the very beggining when robin is coming back from the crusades. Some people dont like it just because its not the story we are all used to. I believe they did a pretty good job creating a new twist to the whole Robin Hood story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDak Ordo May 29, 2010

i like it

best movie of the year
Teen, 13 years old Written bytoriiann May 27, 2010

horrible!

horrible ALL IT IS , is just plain VIOLENCE!
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 May 25, 2010

Dark adaptation of the classic tale just misses the bullseye

Robin Hood will always be a part of history. People always argue, "Was he real?" or, "What exactly made him a legend?". According to many, it's because of his "Steal from the rich, give to the poor" motto. But forget when he was a legend. Ridley Scott, director of the latest adaptation of the infamous archer, wants us to think before. Before Robin was a robber. Before he lived with Little John in the forest. Before when he was a knight in King Richard's army. That is the premise here. Before. Ridley Scott definetly made an enjoyable film with his revisionist feel. The story is believable, the acting is superb (especially from Russell Crowe), and the battle sequences are stunning. It's a bit talky at times, but this is still a masterful remake. Content issues are most noticable in the sexual content section. King John is shown in a tryst with a lover, The Merry Men sleep with maids from Nottingham, and Robin and Maid Marion flirt and kiss. There are also references to sex. Other than that, there are some jarring battle sequences (as expected) some colorful insults, and lots of drinking. I strongly recommened this movie for teens and up only.