All member reviews for Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Slapstick spoof is not for little ones.

Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2012

good

Its a good movie I realy think its not that bad for little kids because they wont get it it is worse for the older kids that get it
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byjcmccain December 27, 2014

Fun but not exactly educational

Slapstick and typical Mel Brooks mix of crude/intelligent humor. My 10&12 yo boys enjoyed it although I cringed a little at the discussion of virginity and shots of a chastity belt. It doesn't exactly have strong female role models either. Also some minor language (pi$$) but nothing terrible. Some of the time sensitive references went over their heads ( the movie is 20+ yo now!) but still holds up.
Adult Written bykebija June 22, 2010
I remember watching this movie when it came to theaters I was 10. It was a great movie. The sexual innuendo's can be a little overboard for those who do not understand it. I can still remember several lines from the movie. I am getting ready to watch this movie again for the first time in years. After I watch it I may change my views.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag May 19, 2012

So-so spoof has some sex jokes, nothing too strong

"Robin Hood: Men In Tights" is an attempt to turn the infamous Robin Hood story into a comedy. Even though director, actor and writer Mel Brooks is a man who used to make fairly funny comedies, this one here is propably his weakesz. The movie starts with a rap song, propably aiming at younger generations, but fails at humour. Also, the movie ends with a reference to another Mel Brooks movie, an attempt to win viewers. Some of the jokes are funny, but most of them are just okay, and some are even predictable. It is okay, but Mel Brooks used to make movies that were billion times better. The movie features references to sex and virginity, and feautures images of chastisty belt, a reference to male cirumsition. Nothing too strong. Robin holds his sword near his crotch and in shadows it looks like he would have a ridiculously long penis. Some swordfights, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a PG rated movie. Tweens and up.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

Hold the phone! Racial stereotypes? Can't you take a joke?

Ok, this movie was really funny. And I mean roll on the floor funny. It did have some high brow humor, but it made me respect it! Now, about the racial stuff I mentioned in my title. Yes, it is a stereotype of African Americans, Jews, Englishmen, and... wow. That's a lot... Still, while I would not expose a young child to this, a more mature audiance can have a laugh right? That is what the film was made for! As the title says, the legend had it coming! Thanks for reading!
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2009

iffy for 11+ but still a great movie

I think it is a great movie but it is very violent and it is old timey it is also filled with tons of sneakying and trickery!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysweetie1025 September 25, 2009

Not for little ones? I say 10 and up is fine

This movie is really funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byMelBrooksFan June 28, 2016

Good, but not the best

Like the title says, I like this movie fine, it's just not my favorite of Mel Brooks' films. It's still funny, though. It's got all the goofiness of a typical Mel Brooks film, it's just not as intelligent as most of the others. You'll probably still laugh and have a good time, though. I don't have too much else to say about it. Just be warned that "Men in Tights" has some swearing and lots of sex jokes, and a little bit of violence, but that last part is pretty tame.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWeirdAlYankovic January 16, 2015

Bad movie with one bad actor.

Evan Chandler is the worst actor in this movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Not violent, but has language

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is isn't very violent. In one scene, there is a sword fight and a character is stabbed, no blood shown, and a witch saves him. One hanging scene, but no one is killed in the hanging. Sex and language is what you need to be concerned about. Marian wears a chastity belt, and it is often shown in scenes. In one scene, a cop takes a drill and attempts to break the chastity belt. Robin Hood and Marian flirt a lot. There are some swearing, but it is pretty mild ( Nothing more than "cr*p" and "p*ss"). Some jokes like telling a man he "grew some fine bo*bs" I hope this review helped.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2013

hallarious!

I think this movie is hallarious! However there is lots of sex-realted jokes a humor; however, i think that it is hard to do a robin hood movie, without some violence and sexy stuff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMerlinFan August 2, 2011

LOL ~Laugh out Loud~ LOL

This was a hilarious spoof movie I really enjoyed. But pretty much all the jokes were sexual. Nothing too intense for a mature 13 year old, but !definitely! not for an 11 year old. Great!
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

Too sexy for 8 and 9 yr olds

OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2009

Hilarious,good to watch when you have nothing to do

This is a funny movie but isn't really worth seeing,I liked it and would watch it again. It has some sexuality
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 7, 2009
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

I don't get why this got a bad review!

I think that this move was hilarious especially the seen about the Godfather. I highly recommend this!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

This movie is awesome!

I love this movie. It's one of the best movies that I've seen.