All member reviews for RoboCop (2014)

Lots of gun violence in super-cop sci-fi remake.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byMaria2014 February 22, 2014

gory

terrible because it was just too much violence
Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights February 14, 2014

A good movie, but nothing like the original

If you were anticipating an ultraviolet gore-fest reincarnated of the original with amazing graphics and scenes of epidemic violence, so was I. But, with the obvious 13+ rating next to my review, I was pretty surprised. This is actually a pretty good movie if you take out the fact that it is nothing like the original in censorship, or lack thereof. It has, in my opinion, a flatly good model (by the end), meaning that it was kinda rushed and not so good at first, but sprinted its way into a dynamic excuse for the character to become a good person. The violence was pretty censored. The shootout scene with the weapons-dealer, grizzly in the original, was seen with red-lensed night-vision settings and I don't recall seeing anything horrible. The only bad part was in the picture of the main guy's accident and the scene when the lead scientist takes Robocop's armor off to reveal what was left (Some may be disgusted, I was disappointed with the effects). If you want your kids to see this, make sure that they can handle the idea of governmental and business corruption. That is a driving theme throughout the movie. Other than that, this movie is pretty clean. I don't remember much cussing and there's sexuality but nothing to cover your child's eyes in embarrassment and horror over. It was pretty good, but not if you want an ultra-violent remake of the original
Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2014

Entertaining, yet violent

I went to watch this movie with my dad the day it came out. It was quite violent, but it was very fun to watch. My dad thought it was okay for me to watch this movie (he's okay with letting me watch almost anything), but I thought it would've been better for older teens to watch. Mature kids 12+, otherwise 15+
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 February 27, 2014

The dark knight meets terminator

I have not seen the original Robocop, so I didn't know what to expect. Here's what I have to say, it was really cool. Alex Murphy is a detective who is severely injured in a time in the future where every country but America is protected by many types of robots and machines. He is than put on the streets again, but with most of his body gone he is in an awesome robot suit with advanced technology, allowing him to protect the streets from crime. With its strong story, script, acting, humor, and action, the new robocop is a fun watch. But be aware, this is very violent with gun and fist fights throughout plus brief sexual content. 11+
Teen, 15 years old Written bycj98 February 23, 2014

Very good movie, too violent

As someone who enjoys the Resident Evil movies, which are very violent, this was too much for me. In the first scene a teen about my age gets shot to bits and the media praises the robots, which was so disturbing to me that I had to leave the theater for a moment. It is less likely that the violence itself is what shook me, but rather the political commentary. Later on, I got a bit squeamish when they showed a close up of Murphy's brain with metal chips stuck in it and when they showed his lungs free-floating in artificial ribs. This movie definitely had some great messages in it, but I think it should have been rated R
Teen, 15 years old Written byZeego February 21, 2014

Yet another generic sci-fi remake that doesn't take any risks

The original "RoboCop" was a dark, violent satire about how corporations are taking over our everyday lives. This film also touches on that theme somewhat, but it isn't nearly as satirical as the original. Instead, we get that generic "gritty" tone that every sci-fi movie seems to have these days (which ironically makes it less dark than the original), and lazy "shaky-cam" cinematography that makes the action hard to follow. The original film was rated R, and with good reason: it was extemely violent and disturbing, which made the audience think about what they were watching and what the message is. By contrast, the PG-13 rating of the remake meant the violence had to be toned down, and as a result it's a less hard-hitting film. The original was a true sci-fi classic, but here it's been turned into a mindless action movie for the masses. Not recommended.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB February 14, 2014

RoboCop (2014)

The original "Robocop" has been an instant classic and a favorite to almost all people. In reference to the remake, it is pretty decent and worth a watch; it is a refreshing look at one of the best, not disappointing but in fact more than pleasing with a surprisingly a strong re-watchable value to it.
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2014

stupid and hurts our eyes

So many close up muzzle flashes. Stupift
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 4, 2014

Non stop action.

Amazing movie! Good story. If you like action,robots & guns watch it as soon as you can! Good role models. Has violence and one kind of gross scene. A few uses of s**t but no F bombs.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2014

Great Movie, But Quite A Bit Of Violence

I think it's okay for 11 or 12 year olds if they are able to handle a lot of violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrating_guy February 23, 2014

good movie, violence is a little edgy and distubing fo PG-13

Good plot and action but he movie needed to be longer. Its length is its only big flaw but besides that, it is a great film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 February 20, 2014

Okay action movie

Lots of action violence with no blood, and nothing seemed to bad. Not much worse than something like PG Percy Jackson. It's good, but not great.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydead_noob10 February 8, 2014

LEARNING

Robocop 2014

This film contains potentially disturbing scenes and has a very dark storyline. This is by no means a light hearted film. All of that aside it has good action scenes.
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014

violent a brief gory a some sexual content a bleeeped language!!
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2014

Disappointing remake provides loads of gun violence.

This movie is extremely violent, although the way the violence is presented, makes it appropriate for younger audiences. There is a lot of explosions, gunfire, and a couple tragic deaths. "RoboCop" also has an intense emotional side, that is sad and depressing. There are several disturbing images, including a prolonged shot of Alex Murphy without the RoboCop suit on. The language is limited, and stronger swear words are bleeped. Sexual content includes a couple beginning to have sex but interrupted by a car alarm. There are glimpses and references to drugs including cocaine, but the use of drugs is treated as it should be treated (a crime), and is not glorified. Altogether, this action flick remake was very disappointing and did not live-up to the original or its spectacular trailers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZackyDeje June 29, 2014

Robocop 2014 review

violent and stupid...
Teen, 13 years old Written byJack lambert July 15, 2014

this i a great sifi film

it is violent as it shows brain surgery in it and some mild langue
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2014

Robocop

Robocop was relatively graphic for a pg-13 movie with lots of shooting and explosions, but nothing most 11 year olds couldn't handle.
Parent Written byPredatorman May 12, 2014

It was fun

I think the only good thing about the movie was the special effects
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 5, 2014

its fun

look I'm gonna be frank this could have been r if the swearing was worst if you're mature ten year old wants to see it let them its a good movie there is one disturbing scene where alex is shown with just his lungs and head and the bad words include s--t a-- b----h damn and a bleeped out mother-----r but its cool