All member reviews for Rock-A-Doodle

Colorful tale of singing rooster has perilous moments.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWindindi October 1, 2013

Rock A Doodle: Winster Critic

Hello I'm the Winster Critic, and I am here to review Rock-A-Doodle! Rock-A-Doodle isn't the best film, but it is pretty ok for me. The roosters name is one thing that is confusing, I thought it would be Cocky or Clucky, but...Chanticleer...?...Don't ask me, but also, they got a little brat named Edmund (Toby Scott Ganger) to be the so called "hero" of this film, and it sort of is a rip-off of The Wizard of Oz, but Elvis style. In my heart, this really is a film for kids and really speaks to you at times, just whenever something like the "love" areas come around, pay no attention, otherwise, geat film for kids!
Adult Written bynduns May 7, 2011

So bad it's hilarious...

Nowadays, it seems Rock-A-Doodle is one of those films that's become a huge cult classic... but for all the wrong reasons. Okay, sure, you got some nostalgics who can't help loving it after all the years, but then you get guys like me who see every single blatantly obvious problem with the story, the fact that it tried to be a musical and fails miserably at that, the fact that it's just so poorly written and contrived with the overall lesson being shoved in our faces and still enjoy it. Why? Because it's unintentionally funny! The villain songs are so non-threatening, they may as well be in a parody of Disney musicals! I find it absolutely hilarious how the writers somehow failed to notice the most obvious plothole, that being the sun coming up without Chanticleer that one time and that's it. With a bit of polish, maybe even replacing the grand duke with Pinky as the villain, this movie could have worked well enough, but the writers seemed intent on making it as violent as possible, so they had to throw in the whole owls thing. All I can say is, yeah, this movie is terrible, but it's enjoyable because of that!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 24, 2011

Cute Elvis Impersonating Rooster!

An entertaining Don Bluth film, but may scare younger children. Patou the dog used to be my favorite cartoon growing up!