All member reviews for Rocky III

Sly's boxing saga begins to go lightweight.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan August 14, 2015

"Rocky III" movie review

I think "Rocky III" is seriously an underrated movie. It is my favorite "Rocky" sequel. It is a great sports movie. I like this movie more than "Rocky II" for sure. The movie was faster and better-paced. Also Sylvester Stallone was better. The theme song to this movie is absolutely phenomenal. "Eye of the Tiger" is one of my favorite songs of all time because it is very motivational. The song also fits in perfectly to the movie. Both are about taking chances and continuing on. The training montages are brilliant and surreal. I thought the movie was very good. I don't know why people hate it so much. I understand there are slow moments in this movie but other than that, I honestly do not have a problem with this movie. The cinematography, music, acting, writing, set decoration are all very good. I really liked "Rocky III". It is a great boxing movie.

i love this movie

this is a great movie for kids of any age...
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 December 22, 2015

Pity the fool, huh?

Rocky III is a good continuation to the series. Carl Weathers gave an outstanding performance this time around and Mr. T and Hulk Hogan were a great addition to the movie. The story may be the same, but it is a fun watch. Grade: B-. Three and a half stars. Rocky IV started to decrease the franchise, but Dolph Lundgren stole the whole movie and the training montage with Hearts On FIre is outstanding. Grade: C. Rocky V isn't as horrible as people say it is, but it's still the weakest one. At least the street fight was good. Grade: C-.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014
Kid, 10 years old September 19, 2013

Rocky III

Yet again another very inspiring Rocky film
Adult Written bydioptric March 27, 2012

Rocky 3 cheesy and a far cry from the previous classics

Short review but I'd stick to the other Rocky movies besides this more of a silly film (It gets sillier with the fourth!) Some racial undertones but it's rocky. Don't look to deep at it besides Apollo is Black and portrayed as a friend of Rocky ( Suddenly.) Hulk Hogan fight I feel is more slapstick but it's Hulk Hogan in a Rocky movie so what do you expect? Rocky is very admirable and sticks up for Adrian when she is harassed by Clubber. For younger kids there is a small bit of sexual material. Anyone older the age of 8 would probably see Clubber as being wrong when he's harassing Adrian and handle the skimpy outfits the women have on maturely (Depends on your kid though.) Rocky is a good role model and is determined to stand up for what he believes in and work hard to get there. Clubber is clearly shown as evil and is treated as the opposite of Rocky's morals which is shown clearly. Not a good film but if your kids want to see it wait till they're just about to hit 10.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheJoe.F November 7, 2011

Rocky 3 From Rags to Riches

Rocky III is the section in Rocky's life when everything turns out amazing due to his hard work and courage during the rematch with the champ. This movie shows what it is like to have everything rather than to start out with nothing like the previous movies. This movie however has more action than drama than the previous two and will be acceptable to kids 9 and up. This story tells us about how Rocky turns into a "civilised fighter" and loses his "Eye of The Tiger". This movie introduced the world to survivor's Eye Of The Tiger"
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2010

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocky is a great movie just watch out for clubber's language clubber is portrayed bo mr.t go figure
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2010
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

good

this is a nice flim but bad because fighting and is bad