All member reviews for Rocky

Boxing Best Picture sets underdog-hero standard; drinking.

Adult Written byliddle.biddle February 23, 2009

Awesome!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS AWESOME!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 24, 2009

Probably PG-13 in today's standards.

Definitely an interesting sports movie that spawned way too many unneccessary sequels, I thought it was pretty good but definetly not 5-star worthy.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2009

Great movie for the older crowd

Rocky's a great movie for the older crowd, because theres a lot of cussing, in one sscene they make out, and theres a fight with some blood. But overall great movie
Parent of a 4, 7, and 9 year old Written byjgcraft February 16, 2009

Great Movie. Rough talk.

I bought this movie thinking it would be good for my boys, who play sports to watch for motivation. After reading the reviews on this website stating that it would be appropriate for 10 year olds and older, I purchased the movie. Within the first 10 minutes, the Lords name was taken in vain at least 4 times and various other times in the movie along with other swearing. No F bombs which would have been better than the GD's. This is not something I want my sons to think is appropriate at any age.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Sports Drama

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendan Conway December 2, 2010

me and my dad love movies like this and is an awesome movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byNickD531 January 1, 2009

Really Good Movie

This is a really good film. While personally I don't think this is the best movie in the saga, it does introduce us to the character of Rocky and how he came to be a professional boxer. Suitable for children 7/8 +.
Adult Written byfamilyof9 April 9, 2008

Great Movie for older kids

We are a family of 6 kids ages 14 to 3. We only would let our oldest watch this, this year because of all the swearing. Burgess Merideth says the G D word WAY too much for little kids to handle. But of course it is an all time great movie.
Adult Written byMoeScrapper April 9, 2008

Great underdog movie!

The at times crude language, small amount of perceived sex and loansharking are not for children under 11, but for 11+ the love story, underdog triumph and boxing action adrenaline rush is addicting. Everytime the Rocky theme is played your heart pumps a little faster. A real original masterpiece of sports writing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares January 1, 2009

Pointlessly Violent

It might be the worst film to ever win Best Picture.
Adult Written bykdestrello@yahoo.com December 22, 2014

Great movie for 10 - 11 and up .

Overall good message, a little violent during boxing matches.Lots of smoking because movie was made in the 80's.
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2012

I WANT TO SEE ROCKY BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I never saw this and I want to see this sooooooo badly! I want to see it! I don't really like boxing but I like Rocky! I want to see it badly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written by80sfan8 September 2, 2011

A boxing film worth watching!

It's really not that brutal compared to an Arnold Schwarzenegger film, but still not appropriate for the young ones.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

fantastic. love this movie

LOVE THIS MOVIE!! It's not that inappropriate, but kids will want to watch it with their parents.
Adult Written byRockybalboa211 February 26, 2011

This is forever on!

This movie is for people over 12 years old and while it is one of the best movies ever made, um kids should only watch it on television since that's the censored version. Paulie does not act like a role model yet is lovable in his own way, yet Rocky does act like a role model and he truly does love Adrian. Overall, when I was a child I watched this movie on television and it was back then my favorite movie since Rocky was able to prove himself to the world that he was not a "bum", but a person who could "go the distance"! A magnificent movie that as your child grows to an adult will become one of their favorites of all time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 8, 2011

Great movie.Great for 9+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl November 6, 2010

I love this movie. Timeless.

rocky is a great movie and any body who thinks its bad is stupid because rocky is an insperational movie and eh rocks

love it..

great movie...i would definately let my kids watch it
Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan August 14, 2015

Rocky movie review

"Rocky" is one of my two favorite sports movies of all time. This is a classic. It is one of my favorite films of the 1970s and of all time. The story is iconic. "Rocky" is the ultimate underdog story. I love it. The ending was phenomenal as well. Sylvester Stallone was great as a simple-minded boxer who is great at fighting. The supporting cast was very good and made us feel for the character of Rocky. The instrumental score is excellent. It makes the audience feel athleticism and stamina. As a martial artist, I thought the fight sequences were handled really well. It actually felt like a boxing match and/or workouts. "Rocky" is a story about trying to do the best in every situation. It is also a touching love story between two characters. When I feel I need motivation, "Rocky" is the movie I would go to. It is one of the most inspirational movies ever and my second favorite sports movie of all time behind "Raging Bull".