All member reviews for Role Models

Coarse adult comedy elicits some big laughs.

Adult Written bymattatcommonsence June 24, 2009

16 and older

REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY INAPROPREITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A LOT OF LANGUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymomofdaughters January 30, 2010

Don't waste your time

This movie is awful. There is extremely foul language throughout, as well as nudity. I was so disturbed that a parent would even allow their children, in the film, to say/hear the things taking part in the film. I wouldn't waste your time on this film. It is NOT for children of any age. The adult 'role models' in this film are no where near a role model I would hope for any child.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 August 22, 2009

Perfect comedy for 14-15+

Probably my most favorite comedy of all time. It contains nothing that the average 13-year-old has not seen or heard.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJulie P November 12, 2008

How did Paul Rudd Get Mixed Up in this Schlock

Formula, formula, rude, often not funny---teenage boys will like it. Paul Rudd can't even save this mess---it is a huge hit---but you will be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboredgrl July 31, 2010

another funny, yet totally random comedy

this movie is wayy inappropriate for any kid or younger teen. there is tons of cussing and sexual content from both adults and kids. you see a lot of nudity, too. this movie is not recommended for the family, but maybe for older teens. it was pretty funny, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

OK Movie, for teens not kids

I thought this was an OK movie. I only laughed once, but i thought it was cute. It had some nudity, and they said the f-word a lot and there were sexual situations, but it was OK. I wouldn't recommend it, but i wouldn't not recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRagingBull April 22, 2012

Funny, raunchy movie with a hilarious cast.

Hilarious! Lots of sex and language, but nothing awful. The most raunchy character is a child. The cast is great (notably Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson), and there are many great laughs.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

Role Models

Not for boys under 14, girls your call. In my opinon boys get to much exposure, there are a lot more female boobs than anything. So it is your call but this is what I think.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 12, 2011

not all that funny

this is a very bad movie to watch, a young kid showing adults disrespectful moments, too many bad words and nudity all the time, these movies have got to go away forever
Teen, 16 years old Written bybradley4846 June 27, 2010

Not Hard R

I saw this expecting a hard R rated movie, i didnt get that. but it was hillarious. There is some sex talk, but nothing extremly explicit. There were 2 topless scenes, both very quick. And one scene where one of the guys falls asleep naked and you see his butt. There is a lot of swearing (mainly the s-word and the f-word). There is also some drug refrences
Teen, 13 years old Written bydelirious April 30, 2010

Adult Written byCastellanos July 1, 2009

Alright Film Does Not Have Good Role Models

Role Models has its ups and downs. Out of all the jokes made in the film, about 50% of them are actually funny. Lucky for the movie, the funny jokes are memorable enough that you come out of the film with a smile. I recommend this movie to fans of the recent R rated "buddy comedy" genre. Parents should know that this movie just about as raunchy as many of the other recent R-rated comedies. There are two scenes with female breasts and one shot of a guys butt. There is a discussion about breasts with a young kid (who obsesses over them).Parents should also know that there is less swearing than in other recent R rated comedies, but the swearing is still R-rated. There is a handful of f**ks, s**ts, p***y, a**hole, and b***h. Lastly, The only violence in this movie is in a park where people pretend to have medieval battles, however all weapons are made of foam and are harmless, so no one is hurt.
Adult Written bybrubakinaginn May 12, 2009

Brubaker on Overstrung parents and GOOD Flicks with chicks

In todays day and age you cant censor material going out to the public more than you can smack your teenager when they come in the house cursing..again. There is a measurable amount of graphic material allowed in movies, for that reason it is an R-rated film.. Meaning these characters could only serve as your role model if you are 17 and older or crafty enough to sneak into it. Very good, funny movie though. Love, Brubaker.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 27, 2015

Role model..

I thought this way very strange but okay kind of comedy. On the other hand, This film is was on the very mature kind of content.. That being said, I noticed it had many scenes that contained nudity, Sexual stuff, a lot of language and some drugs. on that note, I would want to use judgement before letting younger ones watch this kind of film. Otherwise, A great film for mature teenagers and adults..
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Very Good Movie!

This movie really is not inappropriate. The only scene that is bad is the party scene, when the show a naked female chest. The language is not bad. It has good messages about friendship, and the kids are really funny. Overall, a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDylanRTwinHills March 30, 2015

Crude but Cute Comedy has a good message

This is a surprisingly good movie. It is filled with hilarious moments, and in the end has a good message about being a real roll mode. That said the two maine characters are not good role models for almost all the movie, but they improve in the end(though they still aren't perfect). There are 2 parts that show topless woman but if you dont want your kid to see it you can fast forward through it. There is also frequent swearing but it is pretty tame for a rated R movie. If this film skipped out the brief nudity and toned down the swearing, it could easily be Pg-13. I reccomend this movie to anyone who really enjoys comedy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 14, 2014

Some laughs, with tons of swearing

This movie has no violence (although a kid threatens to kill another kid. We see them tackle and that's about it), no nothing else except a ton of swearing, and most of it comes from a kid (about maybe, 10? I have no idea). However the unrated version has full frontal female nudity once, and a kid sees a woman's top half of her body (the rest of her is under some sheets), although since this is only for the unrated version, 15+ for the actual movie. Another thing, is the talks about sex. Even in the rated version, you see a guy naked, face down on the ground, and a lot of talk about sex with a kid. One conversation is still drilled into my mind, about an adult and a young kid talking and "observing" woman's breasts. Anyway, 15+ for a lot of swearing, but in the real world, you probably hear a lot of this kind of language a lot.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2013

I was very happy with this movie, Paul Rudd shines again

I saw this movie on Comedy Central, so they bleeped out the swears, and one full line was "____ ____ ____ you!" So there's a ton of coarse and vulgar language, some sexual content, but that's about it. Now, my review of the movie, this movie is really really funny, and Paul Rudd does a great job as a lead role, and Sean W. Scott is (as always) pretty edgy, but he still does a great job. I think with a parent, mature 11-12 year olds can watch, and 13 up are fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 7, 2013

Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll; really amusing

Funny, but there's some crude stuff like Ronnie always says stuff that's obscene, Jane Lynch's character used to be addicted to cocaine and two scenes of bare breasts. Many mature teens should handle this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 15, 2013

Funny

Tons of swearing, some from the mouth of 11 year old kid.