All member reviews for Role Models

Coarse adult comedy elicits some big laughs.

Adult Written bymattatcommonsence June 24, 2009

16 and older

REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY INAPROPREITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A LOT OF LANGUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymomofdaughters January 30, 2010

Don't waste your time

This movie is awful. There is extremely foul language throughout, as well as nudity. I was so disturbed that a parent would even allow their children, in the film, to say/hear the things taking part in the film. I wouldn't waste your time on this film. It is NOT for children of any age. The adult 'role models' in this film are no where near a role model I would hope for any child.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 August 22, 2009

Perfect comedy for 14-15+

Probably my most favorite comedy of all time. It contains nothing that the average 13-year-old has not seen or heard.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJulie P November 12, 2008

How did Paul Rudd Get Mixed Up in this Schlock

Formula, formula, rude, often not funny---teenage boys will like it. Paul Rudd can't even save this mess---it is a huge hit---but you will be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

OK Movie, for teens not kids

I thought this was an OK movie. I only laughed once, but i thought it was cute. It had some nudity, and they said the f-word a lot and there were sexual situations, but it was OK. I wouldn't recommend it, but i wouldn't not recommend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRagingBull April 22, 2012

Funny, raunchy movie with a hilarious cast.

Hilarious! Lots of sex and language, but nothing awful. The most raunchy character is a child. The cast is great (notably Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson), and there are many great laughs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboredgrl July 31, 2010

another funny, yet totally random comedy

this movie is wayy inappropriate for any kid or younger teen. there is tons of cussing and sexual content from both adults and kids. you see a lot of nudity, too. this movie is not recommended for the family, but maybe for older teens. it was pretty funny, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydelirious April 30, 2010

Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 27, 2015

Role model..

I thought this way very strange but okay kind of comedy. On the other hand, This film is was on the very mature kind of content.. That being said, I noticed it had many scenes that contained nudity, Sexual stuff, a lot of language and some drugs. on that note, I would want to use judgement before letting younger ones watch this kind of film. Otherwise, A great film for mature teenagers and adults..
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Very Good Movie!

This movie really is not inappropriate. The only scene that is bad is the party scene, when the show a naked female chest. The language is not bad. It has good messages about friendship, and the kids are really funny. Overall, a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDylanRTwinHills March 30, 2015

Crude but Cute Comedy has a good message

This is a surprisingly good movie. It is filled with hilarious moments, and in the end has a good message about being a real roll mode. That said the two maine characters are not good role models for almost all the movie, but they improve in the end(though they still aren't perfect). There are 2 parts that show topless woman but if you dont want your kid to see it you can fast forward through it. There is also frequent swearing but it is pretty tame for a rated R movie. If this film skipped out the brief nudity and toned down the swearing, it could easily be Pg-13. I reccomend this movie to anyone who really enjoys comedy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 14, 2014

Some laughs, with tons of swearing

This movie has no violence (although a kid threatens to kill another kid. We see them tackle and that's about it), no nothing else except a ton of swearing, and most of it comes from a kid (about maybe, 10? I have no idea). However the unrated version has full frontal female nudity once, and a kid sees a woman's top half of her body (the rest of her is under some sheets), although since this is only for the unrated version, 15+ for the actual movie. Another thing, is the talks about sex. Even in the rated version, you see a guy naked, face down on the ground, and a lot of talk about sex with a kid. One conversation is still drilled into my mind, about an adult and a young kid talking and "observing" woman's breasts. Anyway, 15+ for a lot of swearing, but in the real world, you probably hear a lot of this kind of language a lot.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2013

I was very happy with this movie, Paul Rudd shines again

I saw this movie on Comedy Central, so they bleeped out the swears, and one full line was "____ ____ ____ you!" So there's a ton of coarse and vulgar language, some sexual content, but that's about it. Now, my review of the movie, this movie is really really funny, and Paul Rudd does a great job as a lead role, and Sean W. Scott is (as always) pretty edgy, but he still does a great job. I think with a parent, mature 11-12 year olds can watch, and 13 up are fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 7, 2013

Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll; really amusing

Funny, but there's some crude stuff like Ronnie always says stuff that's obscene, Jane Lynch's character used to be addicted to cocaine and two scenes of bare breasts. Many mature teens should handle this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 15, 2013

Funny

Tons of swearing, some from the mouth of 11 year old kid.
Parent Written byZhash December 17, 2012

Decent humour but no laugh-out-loud moments.

Rated R for crude and sexual content, strong language, and nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 17, 2012

Crude, but hillarious!

Firstly, people hate this movie because the "role models" were not "role models", but that's the point of the movie. Don't rate it low just because of that. This movie is great, and is very funny, although I felt the parts displaying nudity should have been left out, but still... There is none-stop profanity in this movie, but it is very well done so almost everything is funny! Many people don't appreciate this kind of comedy, but for those who like people saying and doing stuff that are crude, but funny, this is the film for you!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 August 31, 2012

sean william scott hilarious

some bad language but not constant. breast are shown a mans but and sexual references. they drink and a lady says she eats cocaine for breakfast lunch and dinner
Parent Written byMrsVance11 June 4, 2012

Good movie. Love Paul Rudd. Not for kids at all.

Lots of suggestive content, not to mention to scenes of breasts and sexuality. There's also language, drugs and drinking. That being said, it's not nearly as raunchy as other newer comedies, such as Step Brothers. I would suggest viewing it beforehand. Definitely not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 2, 2012

Very funny crude movie

Great movie, very funny. Know your kid. It's not too bad