All member reviews for Role Models

Coarse adult comedy elicits some big laughs.

Adult Written bydfk1010 March 29, 2009

loved it

so so funny see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byMrsVance11 June 4, 2012

Good movie. Love Paul Rudd. Not for kids at all.

Lots of suggestive content, not to mention to scenes of breasts and sexuality. There's also language, drugs and drinking. That being said, it's not nearly as raunchy as other newer comedies, such as Step Brothers. I would suggest viewing it beforehand. Definitely not for kids.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

Role Models

Not for boys under 14, girls your call. In my opinon boys get to much exposure, there are a lot more female boobs than anything. So it is your call but this is what I think.
Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2009

fine for kids 13 and up
Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2008

an awsome two thumbs up movie!

i know this movie is rateded R but i would have rated it pg13 i would'nt recomend it for kids under 12 but this was one of my favorote commedies
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 17, 2012

Crude, but hillarious!

Firstly, people hate this movie because the "role models" were not "role models", but that's the point of the movie. Don't rate it low just because of that. This movie is great, and is very funny, although I felt the parts displaying nudity should have been left out, but still... There is none-stop profanity in this movie, but it is very well done so almost everything is funny! Many people don't appreciate this kind of comedy, but for those who like people saying and doing stuff that are crude, but funny, this is the film for you!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 August 31, 2012

sean william scott hilarious

some bad language but not constant. breast are shown a mans but and sexual references. they drink and a lady says she eats cocaine for breakfast lunch and dinner
Teen, 13 years old Written byRagingBull April 22, 2012

Funny, raunchy movie with a hilarious cast.

Hilarious! Lots of sex and language, but nothing awful. The most raunchy character is a child. The cast is great (notably Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson), and there are many great laughs.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 14, 2014

Some laughs, with tons of swearing

This movie has no violence (although a kid threatens to kill another kid. We see them tackle and that's about it), no nothing else except a ton of swearing, and most of it comes from a kid (about maybe, 10? I have no idea). However the unrated version has full frontal female nudity once, and a kid sees a woman's top half of her body (the rest of her is under some sheets), although since this is only for the unrated version, 15+ for the actual movie. Another thing, is the talks about sex. Even in the rated version, you see a guy naked, face down on the ground, and a lot of talk about sex with a kid. One conversation is still drilled into my mind, about an adult and a young kid talking and "observing" woman's breasts. Anyway, 15+ for a lot of swearing, but in the real world, you probably hear a lot of this kind of language a lot.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2013

I was very happy with this movie, Paul Rudd shines again

I saw this movie on Comedy Central, so they bleeped out the swears, and one full line was "____ ____ ____ you!" So there's a ton of coarse and vulgar language, some sexual content, but that's about it. Now, my review of the movie, this movie is really really funny, and Paul Rudd does a great job as a lead role, and Sean W. Scott is (as always) pretty edgy, but he still does a great job. I think with a parent, mature 11-12 year olds can watch, and 13 up are fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe July 7, 2013

Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll; really amusing

Funny, but there's some crude stuff like Ronnie always says stuff that's obscene, Jane Lynch's character used to be addicted to cocaine and two scenes of bare breasts. Many mature teens should handle this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 15, 2013

Funny

Tons of swearing, some from the mouth of 11 year old kid.
Parent Written byZhash December 17, 2012

Decent humour but no laugh-out-loud moments.

Rated R for crude and sexual content, strong language, and nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 2, 2012

Very funny crude movie

Great movie, very funny. Know your kid. It's not too bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byErrweb March 30, 2010

A Perfect Comedy for Mature Teens

Personally I found this movie pretty hilarious and fun to watch, one of the best comedies of the year. Though I wouldn't recommend it for young kids. I would recommend it for 14 and above due to the frequent use of the word "f..k". Nudity and sex scenes are also involved. Even though iti s still a pretty good comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjj321 April 18, 2009

nothin under than 12 just because the sex but it is ok and besides that nothing is bad
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2009

TEENS AND UP!!!!!!!

Interesting! Lots of language and sex. Also lots of humor. Probably best for teens and up.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2009

JUDD APATOW CROWD PAUL RUDD JIM CARRY AND DAWID WAIN ARE THE GREATEST MODERN COMDIENS

ROLE MODELS IS THE BEST COMEDY OF 2008 PERIOD YEAH FORGETTING SHARAH MARSHALL TROPIC THUNDER BURN AFTER READING HAPPY GO LUCKY SWING VOTE YES MAN WAR INC WERE ALL GOOD COMEDIES BUT I WAS MOST SUPRISED BY THIS ONE RONNIE IS THE FUN NIEST CHARACTER HIS CURSING FUNNY AS COMEDY I'LL EVER BE THE CARJACKING SCENE PURE GENIUS HIS OBSEESION WITH BOOBIES WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH TILL YOU DIE. JANE LYNCH LINES ARE CONFUSING INAPROPRIATE YET INSITEFUL AND MEANINGFUL. PAUL RUDD'S MEAN SARCASTIC CHARACTER IS SO FUNNY ESPECIALLY THIS LINE "WHEELER WE GO AROUND SELLING KIDS NUCLEAR HORSE PISS FOR 6 BUCKS A CAN" AND THIS ONE " LARGE IS LARGE GRANDE IS SPANISH FOR LARGE VETI IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T MEAN LARGE IT'S ALSO ITALIAN CONGRATULATIONS YOUR STUPID IN 3 LANGUAGES" WHEELER FREE LOVING AND BOOB LOVING PERSONALITY HAS ANOTHER REALLY FUNNY LINE "IT'S NOT POISON IT HAS JUICE IN IT" AUGIE IS WEIRD YET HIS MIDDLE EARTH INSPIRED SEQUENCES ARE REALLY COOL TO WATCH THIS NOT FOR KIDS THE LANGUAGE IS RAW CRUDE THE SEX IS PERVASIVE INCLUDING THE PART WERE A WOMAN GRABS A ANOTHER MAN'S TESTICLES ONSCREEN. THERE IS ALSO MALE AND FEMALE NUDITY IN 2 SCENES. EVERY LINE IS INSPIRED EVERY JOKE CRUDE YET DELIVERED PERFECTLY THIS IS THE FUNNIEST FILM OF 2008. PAUL RUDD CAN'T WAI TO SEE YOU IN I LOVE YOU MAN. DAVID YOU ARE A AWESOME DIRECTOR. PEOPLE HARD R COMEDIES ARE BECOMING AN INDUSTRY FAVORIT TROPIC THUNDER SUPERBAD PINEAPPLE EXPRESS FORGETTING SHARA MARSHALL BURN AFTER READING SEE EM ALL. JUST MAKE SURE YOU SEE ROLE MODELS FIRST