All member reviews for Role Models

Coarse adult comedy elicits some big laughs.

Adult Written bymattatcommonsence June 24, 2009

16 and older

REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY INAPROPREITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A LOT OF LANGUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymomofdaughters January 30, 2010

Don't waste your time

This movie is awful. There is extremely foul language throughout, as well as nudity. I was so disturbed that a parent would even allow their children, in the film, to say/hear the things taking part in the film. I wouldn't waste your time on this film. It is NOT for children of any age. The adult 'role models' in this film are no where near a role model I would hope for any child.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrando804 August 22, 2009

Perfect comedy for 14-15+

Probably my most favorite comedy of all time. It contains nothing that the average 13-year-old has not seen or heard.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJulie P November 12, 2008

How did Paul Rudd Get Mixed Up in this Schlock

Formula, formula, rude, often not funny---teenage boys will like it. Paul Rudd can't even save this mess---it is a huge hit---but you will be disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRagingBull April 22, 2012

Funny, raunchy movie with a hilarious cast.

Hilarious! Lots of sex and language, but nothing awful. The most raunchy character is a child. The cast is great (notably Jane Lynch and Bobb'e J. Thompson), and there are many great laughs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboredgrl July 31, 2010

another funny, yet totally random comedy

this movie is wayy inappropriate for any kid or younger teen. there is tons of cussing and sexual content from both adults and kids. you see a lot of nudity, too. this movie is not recommended for the family, but maybe for older teens. it was pretty funny, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydelirious April 30, 2010
Adult Written byCastellanos July 1, 2009

Alright Film Does Not Have Good Role Models

Role Models has its ups and downs. Out of all the jokes made in the film, about 50% of them are actually funny. Lucky for the movie, the funny jokes are memorable enough that you come out of the film with a smile. I recommend this movie to fans of the recent R rated "buddy comedy" genre. Parents should know that this movie just about as raunchy as many of the other recent R-rated comedies. There are two scenes with female breasts and one shot of a guys butt. There is a discussion about breasts with a young kid (who obsesses over them).Parents should also know that there is less swearing than in other recent R rated comedies, but the swearing is still R-rated. There is a handful of f**ks, s**ts, p***y, a**hole, and b***h. Lastly, The only violence in this movie is in a park where people pretend to have medieval battles, however all weapons are made of foam and are harmless, so no one is hurt.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypunkrocker July 1, 2009

OK Movie, for teens not kids

I thought this was an OK movie. I only laughed once, but i thought it was cute. It had some nudity, and they said the f-word a lot and there were sexual situations, but it was OK. I wouldn't recommend it, but i wouldn't not recommend it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Very Good Movie!

This movie really is not inappropriate. The only scene that is bad is the party scene, when the show a naked female chest. The language is not bad. It has good messages about friendship, and the kids are really funny. Overall, a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2013

I was very happy with this movie, Paul Rudd shines again

I saw this movie on Comedy Central, so they bleeped out the swears, and one full line was "____ ____ ____ you!" So there's a ton of coarse and vulgar language, some sexual content, but that's about it. Now, my review of the movie, this movie is really really funny, and Paul Rudd does a great job as a lead role, and Sean W. Scott is (as always) pretty edgy, but he still does a great job. I think with a parent, mature 11-12 year olds can watch, and 13 up are fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKieth11 September 17, 2012

Crude, but hillarious!

Firstly, people hate this movie because the "role models" were not "role models", but that's the point of the movie. Don't rate it low just because of that. This movie is great, and is very funny, although I felt the parts displaying nudity should have been left out, but still... There is none-stop profanity in this movie, but it is very well done so almost everything is funny! Many people don't appreciate this kind of comedy, but for those who like people saying and doing stuff that are crude, but funny, this is the film for you!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 August 31, 2012

sean william scott hilarious

some bad language but not constant. breast are shown a mans but and sexual references. they drink and a lady says she eats cocaine for breakfast lunch and dinner
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

Role Models

Not for boys under 14, girls your call. In my opinon boys get to much exposure, there are a lot more female boobs than anything. So it is your call but this is what I think.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 12, 2011

not all that funny

this is a very bad movie to watch, a young kid showing adults disrespectful moments, too many bad words and nudity all the time, these movies have got to go away forever
Adult Written bybrubakinaginn May 12, 2009

Brubaker on Overstrung parents and GOOD Flicks with chicks

In todays day and age you cant censor material going out to the public more than you can smack your teenager when they come in the house cursing..again. There is a measurable amount of graphic material allowed in movies, for that reason it is an R-rated film.. Meaning these characters could only serve as your role model if you are 17 and older or crafty enough to sneak into it. Very good, funny movie though. Love, Brubaker.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2009

JUDD APATOW CROWD PAUL RUDD JIM CARRY AND DAWID WAIN ARE THE GREATEST MODERN COMDIENS

ROLE MODELS IS THE BEST COMEDY OF 2008 PERIOD YEAH FORGETTING SHARAH MARSHALL TROPIC THUNDER BURN AFTER READING HAPPY GO LUCKY SWING VOTE YES MAN WAR INC WERE ALL GOOD COMEDIES BUT I WAS MOST SUPRISED BY THIS ONE RONNIE IS THE FUN NIEST CHARACTER HIS CURSING FUNNY AS COMEDY I'LL EVER BE THE CARJACKING SCENE PURE GENIUS HIS OBSEESION WITH BOOBIES WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH TILL YOU DIE. JANE LYNCH LINES ARE CONFUSING INAPROPRIATE YET INSITEFUL AND MEANINGFUL. PAUL RUDD'S MEAN SARCASTIC CHARACTER IS SO FUNNY ESPECIALLY THIS LINE "WHEELER WE GO AROUND SELLING KIDS NUCLEAR HORSE PISS FOR 6 BUCKS A CAN" AND THIS ONE " LARGE IS LARGE GRANDE IS SPANISH FOR LARGE VETI IS THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T MEAN LARGE IT'S ALSO ITALIAN CONGRATULATIONS YOUR STUPID IN 3 LANGUAGES" WHEELER FREE LOVING AND BOOB LOVING PERSONALITY HAS ANOTHER REALLY FUNNY LINE "IT'S NOT POISON IT HAS JUICE IN IT" AUGIE IS WEIRD YET HIS MIDDLE EARTH INSPIRED SEQUENCES ARE REALLY COOL TO WATCH THIS NOT FOR KIDS THE LANGUAGE IS RAW CRUDE THE SEX IS PERVASIVE INCLUDING THE PART WERE A WOMAN GRABS A ANOTHER MAN'S TESTICLES ONSCREEN. THERE IS ALSO MALE AND FEMALE NUDITY IN 2 SCENES. EVERY LINE IS INSPIRED EVERY JOKE CRUDE YET DELIVERED PERFECTLY THIS IS THE FUNNIEST FILM OF 2008. PAUL RUDD CAN'T WAI TO SEE YOU IN I LOVE YOU MAN. DAVID YOU ARE A AWESOME DIRECTOR. PEOPLE HARD R COMEDIES ARE BECOMING AN INDUSTRY FAVORIT TROPIC THUNDER SUPERBAD PINEAPPLE EXPRESS FORGETTING SHARA MARSHALL BURN AFTER READING SEE EM ALL. JUST MAKE SURE YOU SEE ROLE MODELS FIRST
Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 27, 2015

Role model..

I thought this way very strange but okay kind of comedy. On the other hand, This film is was on the very mature kind of content.. That being said, I noticed it had many scenes that contained nudity, Sexual stuff, a lot of language and some drugs. on that note, I would want to use judgement before letting younger ones watch this kind of film. Otherwise, A great film for mature teenagers and adults..
Teen, 14 years old Written byDylanRTwinHills March 30, 2015

Crude but Cute Comedy has a good message

This is a surprisingly good movie. It is filled with hilarious moments, and in the end has a good message about being a real roll mode. That said the two maine characters are not good role models for almost all the movie, but they improve in the end(though they still aren't perfect). There are 2 parts that show topless woman but if you dont want your kid to see it you can fast forward through it. There is also frequent swearing but it is pretty tame for a rated R movie. If this film skipped out the brief nudity and toned down the swearing, it could easily be Pg-13. I reccomend this movie to anyone who really enjoys comedy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 14, 2014

Some laughs, with tons of swearing

This movie has no violence (although a kid threatens to kill another kid. We see them tackle and that's about it), no nothing else except a ton of swearing, and most of it comes from a kid (about maybe, 10? I have no idea). However the unrated version has full frontal female nudity once, and a kid sees a woman's top half of her body (the rest of her is under some sheets), although since this is only for the unrated version, 15+ for the actual movie. Another thing, is the talks about sex. Even in the rated version, you see a guy naked, face down on the ground, and a lot of talk about sex with a kid. One conversation is still drilled into my mind, about an adult and a young kid talking and "observing" woman's breasts. Anyway, 15+ for a lot of swearing, but in the real world, you probably hear a lot of this kind of language a lot.