All member reviews for Rosemary's Baby

Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2010

The classic thriller has captivated my mind yet again. Best motion picture i have ever seen.

Well, first let me explain myself for the concerns. She is raped, and there are gross naked old people. she wakes up with scratches, and her friend has jumped out of a window. There are bad messages because it shows a frightening truth. Nobody can be trusted. These reasons make it sound like and awful, bloody inappropriate movie. Most of these are very minor. Excellent movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares January 28, 2009

Scary just isn't the right word for it...
Teen, 15 years old Written byGagafan1352 April 3, 2013

Just spectacular!

This iconic horror movie is actually very smart. There is the whole concept of rape, which could be a good point to talk about with children. I consider this one of my favorite movies because it gets you mentally afraid. This may be hard to watch for some religious people because it deals with the spawn of Satan, but that is just the ending scene. Everybody should at least try watching this movie!
Kid, 9 years old May 9, 2009

CREEPY! Definitely worth watching.

Honestly, if I worked for the MPAA, this would get an NC-17. This is a very realistic horror movie with alot of disturbing content such as: Explicit sex scenes, full nudity. Suicide/extreme peril and terror .Much blood is shown in a realistic, grotesque death grotesque death. Devil worship and witchcraft throughout the end. Lots of casual smoking and drinking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byirontap May 5, 2014

a great halloween movie

By Today's standards it would probably be PG 13 for brief nudity and brief violence. And the rituals are played by the "bad guys" not to spoil anything but rosemary is a very good role model throughout the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyanP13pro June 6, 2013

This Movie is Gross But Good

As the title explained, yes, this movie is gross. It has a very explicit sex scene and it is very scary. I watched it, but I don't think I should've at 13. Other than that, this movie is great. It has very normal characters in a realistic setting until everything goes wrong. And gosh, the more and more this movie goes on, the scarier it gets, until you are at the very end holding your pillow tightly like it'll save you from this unholy twist. If you are going to watch it, just a word of advice: Kids, don't watch it with your parents and parents, don't watch it with your kids, cause it's gonna get awkward. The sex scene is very important to the movie and you won't get the ending unless you see it, so don't fast forward. Bottom line, if you don't think you can handle it, don't start this movie at all. I'll give it a 4/5 stars and really think about what you're getting into if you are 15& under. Hope it helped!
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoemily October 21, 2012

Great Classic!

This is a great classic for kids who like scary movies, and a lot less explicit then most horror movies. There is little violence, and the blood looks pretty unrealistic. I think the ending is a bit unsettling, and leaves you thinking.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBryn Clare August 14, 2012

Rosemary's Baby

Terrible movie. Not scary AT ALL. Plus, it had some sex scenes, and the message was pro-satanic. Don't watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

Good,but didn't chill me.

Ok so I watched this hoping for a good scare or two but really disappointed me though could have been a lot better.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKaty0 June 30, 2011

Fantastic, Unsettling

Rosemary's Baby does not have buckets of gore and blood or jump scares. What it does have is a lasting effect. It's a creeping feeling of "something is wrong." Great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFloridapod January 17, 2011

A classic horror film that stays with you long after you've seen it.

This is a classic horror film but honestly the films pace goes slowly to build tension and younger kids might get bored and may not truly understand what's going on. This is far less violent than today's horror films. The movie has a strange atmosphere and the ending is unsettling. I wouldn't spoil anything but this is classic that requires patience. If you want a Intelligent, scary classic then this is a great pick.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynastinessoffeet November 5, 2008

I could not sleep well for a month

I saw this at age 12. DO NOT watch this as your first scary movie, especially if you are very religious. Ive watched like 17 scary movies since, and now I might not thinkit's that bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Rosemary's Baby

Easily one of the best films I have ever seen, and arguably the best horror film. It's just perfect, and is still scary and disturbing 40 years after its release. Parents be warned: if this movie was released nowadays, it still would receive an R-rating. There is one disturbing rape sequence, and while the actual rape isn't really shown, you see nudity.