All teen and kid member reviews for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 22, 2011

A stupendous Christmas that give all the rest a run for thier money! Spectacular charecters like Rudolph and his friends teach kids to follow thier dreams and work toward thier goals. They'res just one little iffy thing that mom's won't like where Rudolphs dad tells her that he should find they're lost son because he's the man. Theres also a huge monster that may look evil to really little kid's but you see he has a warm heart in the end of the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybakeranimator December 2, 2014

Awkward Animation, Mean-Spirited Overtones, and a TERRIBLE Moral

I realize I'm subject to A LOT of unpopular opinions that not many people want to hear, but I just have to get this one off my chest. I HATE this special! It's so... well, why don't I just get to my review. Just a quick note, I won't be doing a technical aspects portion of my review, mainly because all of my points will pretty much boil down to: "It's just your typical 60s-late 80's low budget fare" Let's begin: POSITIVE MESSAGES/ROLE MODELS: This is probably where the film fails the most; it has a TERRIBLE moral! Sure, they make it seem like it's the simple "don't judge a book by it's cover" message, but that is a big fat lie! The REAL moral is "You should never blindly except someone who seems different, first they must prove their usefulness to you." Uhh... excuse me? Yes, I know that this is a product of the times, but even today millions of people are falling prey to the terrible messages this film sends. Also, the sexism... again, it's a product of the times, but it's just so cringe-inducing! In my opinion, the film completely falls apart by the line "No, this is man's work". Oh, but don't worry! The females are going on a separate rescue mission, maybe they'll shine through as the heroes! No. Instead the females get kidnapped by a monster and the males need to save them. There's another lesson for ya' kids: "Hard work should be left to the men, and women are helpless for themselves" Isn't that just a great lesson? VIOLENCE: Some scary imagery, especially from a snow monster. May scare younger children. SEXUAL CONTENT: A bland love-interest whose only personality trait is being a "supportive female" tells Rudolph she thinks he's cute. They later share a quick kiss under the mistletoe by the end of the film. LANGUAGE: Dated sexist language that will make you cringe, not to mention name-calling and overall mean-spiritness. CONSUMERISM: Special has spawned a big franchise including a spot on ABC's 25 Days of Christmas block, toys, storybooks, dvds, and many sequels and spinoffs. I firmly believe that this is the most overrated holiday special of all time, it's low budget, it has contrived and mediocre song numbers, it has bad animation, it has extremely mean-spirited overtones, it has dated dialogue we wouldn't want the new young generation to get the idea of in their head, and worst of all, a TERRIBLE moral. I get that many like this due to the nostalgia factor (or heck, maybe they like ti for what it is), but nostalgia doesn't save this one for me, and you are all free to agree to disagree. Hey, if you think this holiday special is bad, try watching "Spookley the Square Pumpkin"!
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2013

Rudolph

It's awesome yo
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2013

A perfect family holiday movie

Anyone will enjoy this heartwarming holiday classic. Ever since I was 3, it was my favorite move. I'd watch it over and over, January through December. There is nothing I can say against this movie. A great family movie suggestion for the holidays.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Ah the classicis

Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

Rudolph is for all!

Rudolph is a great movie people of all ages will love. It's full of Christmas fun and lessons. The main lesson is Be Yourself. This Christmas classic is fun for everyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 23, 2011

One of my favorite Christmas specials!

I've seen this and I think it's really good. While other reindeer, and even adults characters (including Santa) are really mean toward Rudolf and Hermey, they realize that their both unique and are great role models, and a female reindeer (who's name I can't remember) is nice toward Rudolf despite his red nose and is a great role model for girls. Good for kids 5+ Violence: Very mild peril and a snow monster tries to harm Rudolf and his friends, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: Nothing other than a brief kiss between Rudolf and a female reindeer. Consumerism: Merchandise from this special are available for buying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is so cute! Rudolph is adorable! This movies for everyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

AH-MAZING!!!

If you haven't seen this movie, you're crazy. That's just my opinion! =P I loved this so much as a kid and I still love it now; the music is great, the story is great, the characters are lovable... it goes above and beyond the criteria for a good movie. This is going to be a classic for many years to come. (: (And personally, it's worth noting, I never saw it as violent? I've never known anyone who was ever frightened of this... you would have to be increeeeeedibly sensitive to be freaked out by Rudolph.)
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Good movie but pretty violent

Good Christmas special but the yeti may scare kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome special!

i'm 13, but every year around christmas my whole family sits down to watch this great movie! Every time i'm still engaged with the great songs and dances! :D This is a great movie for the whole family
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2010

Love it!!!

Christmas classic for all ages :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Everybody enjoys watching this enchated, heartwarming classic of Rudolph. This is one of my favorites to see in every holiday. Please let your children watch this classic, its even more better than the other christmas classics. Weh, have fun enjoying it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperPrincessPeach72 June 5, 2010

I LOVE RUDOLPH!

Everyone knows this movie is a classic. My parents watched it when they were growing up, and I've been watching it ever since I was little. The first time I watched it, I loved it. I am 13 years old now, and Rudolph is still my favorite Christmas special. Highly recommended to kids ages 4+.
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2009

luved it since i was a baby

I luv this movie and i have since i was a baby!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCopper20 December 4, 2008

Too scary for 3 year olds.

You really shouldn't watch this until you're at least 7 years old. The yeti or bumble really scared me when I was 3 years old. Not cause of his roar, it was cause he tried to eat reindeer. Either way, my favorite character had to be the pick axe licking weirdo.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2008

This is such a great movie! I watched it every year and enjoyed the animation, the music, and the story. I remember my favorite character was Herbie (or Hermey... my mum called him 'Herbie', so that just stuck).
Teen, 14 years old Written byKevinYoung April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

the best movie i have ever sean