All member reviews for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Old-school, heartwarming classic for all ages.

Adult Written bykeerstn November 25, 2011

NOT mild peril

The 'mild peril' referred to here includes a very VERY scary looking monster, who not only tries to eat the main characters but forces one of them to fall to a supposed death over a cliff. This is NOT for little ones. My kids were both 6 before they were able to get through it without running from the room crying. PLEASE wait - then watch it every year after! LOVE this movie, but definitely not for those kids who are even slightly afraid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is so cute! Rudolph is adorable! This movies for everyone!
Parent of a 2, 4, and 4 year old Written byFowlerFan May 14, 2011

Bumbles Bounce!

Our kids love it. The snow monster is a little scary, but after a few viewings the kids don't even flinch.
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

AH-MAZING!!!

If you haven't seen this movie, you're crazy. That's just my opinion! =P I loved this so much as a kid and I still love it now; the music is great, the story is great, the characters are lovable... it goes above and beyond the criteria for a good movie. This is going to be a classic for many years to come. (: (And personally, it's worth noting, I never saw it as violent? I've never known anyone who was ever frightened of this... you would have to be increeeeeedibly sensitive to be freaked out by Rudolph.)
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Good movie but pretty violent

Good Christmas special but the yeti may scare kids.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011

Adult Written byAndrew Haxley February 22, 2011

Perfect Christmas Movie!!!!

Loved It Since I Saw It And It Was A Christmas Tale About Rudolph! Gave Me Positive Messages That Being A Misfit And Wanting To Fit In Was That You Had To Be In Numbers And Just Get The Support Of Other Misfits! And The Bumble Snowmonster In This Scene Tried To Hurt Clarice But Rudolph Stopped Him And He Got Attacked But Survived And He Went To Santa's Workshop And Was Brave And Showed Everyone That Being A Misfit Worked For Him And He Guided Santa's Sleigh A Great Tale And A Nice Storyline About How Rudolph Changed Christmas! And No Profanity But Still A Fun Movie To Rent And Watch With Family's Together For Christmas!
Parent of a 3 year old Written bys-bear December 16, 2010

We watched the original, unedited movie and wished we hadn't. Snow monster scared my three year old, especially when it tried to eat the reindeer. Also, incredibly sexist movie and full of bullying.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykategvt December 6, 2010

Not worth the time...read the book!

Was very disapointed in this movie...no warning about a very scary snow monster...not good for sensitive kids. Plus, the positive message seemed so watered down it was hard for 5 yo to understand. Not worth the time!
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome special!

i'm 13, but every year around christmas my whole family sits down to watch this great movie! Every time i'm still engaged with the great songs and dances! :D This is a great movie for the whole family
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2010

Love it!!!

Christmas classic for all ages :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Everybody enjoys watching this enchated, heartwarming classic of Rudolph. This is one of my favorites to see in every holiday. Please let your children watch this classic, its even more better than the other christmas classics. Weh, have fun enjoying it!
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

Christmas Classic that everyone should see.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperPrincessPeach72 June 5, 2010

I LOVE RUDOLPH!

Everyone knows this movie is a classic. My parents watched it when they were growing up, and I've been watching it ever since I was little. The first time I watched it, I loved it. I am 13 years old now, and Rudolph is still my favorite Christmas special. Highly recommended to kids ages 4+.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 25, 2010
Parent of a 3 year old Written byDLJ January 2, 2010

Watch out for abandonment issues

I was so excited to watch this with my 3yo that I totally forgot about the Snow Monster, which definitely had her diving under the covers, but the real isse for her was concerns about Rudolph's separation from his parents. She kept asking where Rudolph's daddy is and when Rudolph returned home to find out his parents were gone, she burst into tears. Did not see that coming!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2009

luved it since i was a baby

I luv this movie and i have since i was a baby!!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byBetyD November 9, 2009

Fun for my 3 yr old!

Our daughter loves this movie. She watched it last year when she was about 2 1/2 and loved it. The snow monster is a bit scary, but she handled it just fine and continued on watching the movie. That is the only part that is a bit iffy. This year, the snow monster doesn't phase her too much. She talks about him being scary, but she is more interested in Santa and Rudolph that the monster isn't such a big deal. I think it is a great Christmas classic for kids!
Adult Written bymissbunhead March 26, 2009

Great for tweens and teens

Keep in mind that Rudolph isn't for really young children because of the snow monster, but anyone older than 10 should love Rudolph. It's fun for the whole family if your children are tweens or teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCopper20 December 4, 2008

Too scary for 3 year olds.

You really shouldn't watch this until you're at least 7 years old. The yeti or bumble really scared me when I was 3 years old. Not cause of his roar, it was cause he tried to eat reindeer. Either way, my favorite character had to be the pick axe licking weirdo.