All member reviews for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Old-school, heartwarming classic for all ages.

Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2013

A perfect family holiday movie

Anyone will enjoy this heartwarming holiday classic. Ever since I was 3, it was my favorite move. I'd watch it over and over, January through December. There is nothing I can say against this movie. A great family movie suggestion for the holidays.
Adult Written bykeerstn November 25, 2011

NOT mild peril

The 'mild peril' referred to here includes a very VERY scary looking monster, who not only tries to eat the main characters but forces one of them to fall to a supposed death over a cliff. This is NOT for little ones. My kids were both 6 before they were able to get through it without running from the room crying. PLEASE wait - then watch it every year after! LOVE this movie, but definitely not for those kids who are even slightly afraid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Ah the classicis

Adult Written byMichael Loughrie February 26, 2016

Why isn't it 5/5?

This is a masterpiece, probably the god of all classics. Go back to school.
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

Rudolph is for all!

Rudolph is a great movie people of all ages will love. It's full of Christmas fun and lessons. The main lesson is Be Yourself. This Christmas classic is fun for everyone!
Parent Written byrmegalos December 4, 2012

Rudolph is a little scary for young 'uns

I just wanted to add that this should maybe have one dot for scariness - the abominable snow monster is fairly scary for children under a certain age, and/or for those that maybe don't watch any or hardly any tv....
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 23, 2011

One of my favorite Christmas specials!

I've seen this and I think it's really good. While other reindeer, and even adults characters (including Santa) are really mean toward Rudolf and Hermey, they realize that their both unique and are great role models, and a female reindeer (who's name I can't remember) is nice toward Rudolf despite his red nose and is a great role model for girls. Good for kids 5+ Violence: Very mild peril and a snow monster tries to harm Rudolf and his friends, but nobody gets hurt. Sex: Nothing other than a brief kiss between Rudolf and a female reindeer. Consumerism: Merchandise from this special are available for buying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is so cute! Rudolph is adorable! This movies for everyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

AH-MAZING!!!

If you haven't seen this movie, you're crazy. That's just my opinion! =P I loved this so much as a kid and I still love it now; the music is great, the story is great, the characters are lovable... it goes above and beyond the criteria for a good movie. This is going to be a classic for many years to come. (: (And personally, it's worth noting, I never saw it as violent? I've never known anyone who was ever frightened of this... you would have to be increeeeeedibly sensitive to be freaked out by Rudolph.)
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Good movie but pretty violent

Good Christmas special but the yeti may scare kids.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee March 18, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 December 4, 2010

awesome special!

i'm 13, but every year around christmas my whole family sits down to watch this great movie! Every time i'm still engaged with the great songs and dances! :D This is a great movie for the whole family
Kid, 11 years old November 14, 2010

Love it!!!

Christmas classic for all ages :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010
Everybody enjoys watching this enchated, heartwarming classic of Rudolph. This is one of my favorites to see in every holiday. Please let your children watch this classic, its even more better than the other christmas classics. Weh, have fun enjoying it!
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010
Christmas Classic that everyone should see.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperPrincessPeach72 June 5, 2010

I LOVE RUDOLPH!

Everyone knows this movie is a classic. My parents watched it when they were growing up, and I've been watching it ever since I was little. The first time I watched it, I loved it. I am 13 years old now, and Rudolph is still my favorite Christmas special. Highly recommended to kids ages 4+.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 25, 2010
Parent of a 3 year old Written byDLJ January 2, 2010

Watch out for abandonment issues

I was so excited to watch this with my 3yo that I totally forgot about the Snow Monster, which definitely had her diving under the covers, but the real isse for her was concerns about Rudolph's separation from his parents. She kept asking where Rudolph's daddy is and when Rudolph returned home to find out his parents were gone, she burst into tears. Did not see that coming!
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2009

luved it since i was a baby

I luv this movie and i have since i was a baby!!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byBetyD November 9, 2009

Fun for my 3 yr old!

Our daughter loves this movie. She watched it last year when she was about 2 1/2 and loved it. The snow monster is a bit scary, but she handled it just fine and continued on watching the movie. That is the only part that is a bit iffy. This year, the snow monster doesn't phase her too much. She talks about him being scary, but she is more interested in Santa and Rudolph that the monster isn't such a big deal. I think it is a great Christmas classic for kids!