All member reviews for Running with Scissors

Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 July 2, 2012

Not quite as Good as the Book

My largest warnings to parents are that in this film there a many uses of "f***" and a few uses of "c**t", and there are depictions of teens smoking. The sexual content is mostly suggested but there is a scene where Augusten's mom is making-out with another woman. What you should first understand about this film is that it is based on a memoir by Augusten Burroughs. In his book he uses humor to write about his dysfunctional childhood, most likely, to get over it. There is emotional growth shown in some characters. I did find that the movie did seem to be lacking some important details stated in the book. Such as Augusten's brother, when his mother claimed to have been raped by Dr. Finch, or when Augusten and Natelie decide to go to community college. What the film did have going for it, however was Augusten's growth to realize that he wanted rules and it was hurting him that he didn't. Overall, the film was good and stayed fairly truthful to the book. I would have enjoyed a few extra scenes just to complete the story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhaleylik March 12, 2009

love it

this is the greatest movie ever made funny stupid and dirty love it every 13-100 year old should see this movie

This was a great movie and it made me cry.

When I rented this movie I was expecting a light hearted comedy. This movie is not like that at all. It has a few funny moments but it was a serious disturbing yet heart warming film. It had incredible acting, and taught you so much. I think anyone over the age of twelve should see this movie.