Some exciting action, but overall not satisfying.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysolosing June 29, 2009

Perfect for 14 up but im not so sure about 10-12. def. not 10 or younger

I thinkk that this should be seen when kids understand that shooting and blowing people up is not a good thing. this movie has a lot of guns in it but is a very good moovie
Teen, 14 years old Written bybehemoth April 9, 2008
Adult Written byverona April 9, 2008

Fun for grownups as well as kids

In the vein of Indiana Jones--no it REALLY couldn't have happened -- lots of action (bloodless) and roller coaster fun. I don't get the concern about how Africans are portrayed---I did not feel it was insensitive and I've lived there.
Adult Written byswordoftruth April 9, 2008
Parent Written byJustain May 11, 2016

The review by Nell Minow is wrong.

This movie is great and Nell Minow is a liar. The Africans in this movie are not portrayed poorly. If Nell had actually watched the movie and paid attention instead of being a bitter old single cat lady, she would have noted that the majority of the story is about caring for, saving and rescuing the African's from an evil leader and corporation. Instead she lies and says it's about killing Africans. Instead of misleading people for your own Black Panther Movement Nell, tell the truth!! My 8, 9 and 10 year olds loved it and it opened up good conversation about what was wrong with a country's leadership when enticed by greed, power and corruption, especially stemming from large corporations and how it affects the public.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 26, 2009

A Fun and Engaging Action Ride...

SAHARA is a fun movie. It's very implausible towards the end, but it's lots of fun, and if you can get past some unrealistic stunt scenes, you'll have a blast watching it. There's nothing worse here than an Indy Jones film. There are several action sequences and countless close calls, but very little graphic violence. A massacre is overheard (gunshots and screams), and we see several people infected with a mysterious illness that gives them red cuts and dialated eyes. Some people are shot onscreen and one man gets a spear thrown through his hand, but the only gore we see are some cuts on the bodies, a few encrusted with blood. There is no sex, and language is mild (with some "h*ll"s and "d**n"s).
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Funny and entertaining

Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2012

Some good action, but predictable. Tame for a PG-13 rating

My Rating PG: for action violence, and some language.
Adult Written byronja January 7, 2012

very good movie the review is wrong

This is a very good, entertaining film. There is a violence, especially at the beginning, there are some sad parts but overal it is a great adventure movie with lot of funny moments! And I absolutely don't understand why the review says there are some unpleasant approach towards minorities and women, cause I haven't notice anything like that. The bad guys in the movie behave as bad guys, that's to be expected, but there is definitely no racism or such!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ-Yo July 11, 2011

Divers in the desert

This movie isn't fantastic, but it isn't bad, either. Cruz is great in her role as the Spanish WHO doctor, and McConaughey seems to be enthusiastic about the part. The plot, however, is a little unsatisfying, and some scenes were unnecessary even if they were entertaining. Steve Zahn is the ultimate comic relief and is one of the reasons to watch this film. Parents, be aware that it is quite violent, and at times reveals some of the hardships of impoverished African people. Some are portrayed as good, but one African man is the primary antagonist.
Parent of an infant, 5, and 5 year old Written bymdpack May 3, 2011

One of my favorites

I can watch this movie over and over. It has wonderful character development, excellent story line, great one liners for humor mixed in with some great action. While the action is sometimes perhaps unrealistic that is what makes this movie fun to watch it walks the line between realistic and not possible. At the same time tells a fun fictional story and shows conflict between people, man and nature.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycookiebaker March 3, 2010

Great Movie!

I really love this movie, it is one of my favorites. There is very little language and the heros of the story are on the good side. There is only one kissing scene at the end which lasts about 10 seconds or less. It is a very good movie-night watch.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoey123 December 5, 2009

Very clean.

I absolutely love this movi!!! I've seen it so many times I've lost count. The only sexual situations are when Dirk makes a veiled reference to sex when he says "everything good has happened to me in the water" and when Dirk and Eva kiss on the beach(She's in a bikini and the scene is short.) Language consists of 2-4 h--ll, 2-4 d-mn, and 2-3 a--words. All in all very little, especially for a PG-13 film.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2009

Really fun movie, not scary or anything

This is a really good movie. It has a nice plot with some treasure hunters in the desert and some poisened water, but overall I think 12 is a pretty good rating for it. Some parts like seeing diseased people can be a little scary, but violence isnt really an issue in this movie. Its mostly an action adventure and not an intense freaky gory shooter.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byhyounhorse April 9, 2008

A must read book!

Adult Written byTending Bloom April 9, 2008

Wow....Let's see it again.

Finally, a movie where the sidekick has a brain and is allowed to use it. It was a wonderful new twist on the classic action adventure movie. I will have to see it again.
Adult Written byMountain Biker April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A lot of fun!

If you just want a fun action-adventure, this is a great movie to rent! Just cover the kids' eyes during the scene where the gunmen shoot the best friend of the main female character. That's pretty graphic.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Bad, dumb things that happen too.

Not a great movie infact a bad movie.It is okay for kids 11 and up but may be a bit violent for anyone thats younger then that. There's a lot of dumb things that happen that are not funny nor intresting It is pretty stupid.