All member reviews for Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town

Classic Christmas movie is a winner for families.

Parent Written byMamagigisf December 21, 2014

Frightening, nazi imagery, and strange grooming of inappropriate adult behavior

While I was fascinated by the bizarre cultural differences between what was appropriate then and now, this movie was totally not appropriate for my 5 year old. Not only was there a terrifying character, there were songs about "give a kiss and sit on my lap, that's the price you pay for a toy" and tons of nazi imagery. We paid $10 to stream it for family christmas movie night and had to turn it off half way through.
Adult Written byLowe's man January 31, 2015

somber and downlifting

While this special is benign in that it isn't scary, the tone is depressing, as are the clothes and the scenery. This looks like something that Edgar Allen Poe would've written. This defeats the purpose of a Christmas special. If you enjoy being depressed at Christmas this is the special for you. Otherwise there are plenty of Christmas specials that are far better and far more uplifting than this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 8, 2011

Great Christmas special and family-friendly

This Christmas special is a must-see for families. It has great messages and positive role models, and has very little inappropriate content for little kids. Violence: The Winter Warlock might be scary and menancing to the youngest kids, but he soon changes to a more light-hearted character. Sex: Nothing other than a brief kiss between Kris and Jessica.