Slapstick adventure sweet, but treats running away lightly.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySockyChibi<3 July 9, 2012

makes sense...on some levels.

When I first heard about this film, I was speechless. What went through that girl's head?! From a tv show, GIVE ME A BREAK!!! But what I mean is, it totally makes sense that she was ignored, and neglected, and didn't know what else to do, but...yeah, I get it. I never watched this movie before, really-_-Hey, the girl's also from "The Parent Trap 2"..I think. And, correction: Alfalfa didn't announce running away, Spanky did, and I happen to know this because I've seen the episode, and I'm a die-hard "Little Rascals" fan.
Educator and Parent Written byadamswifey December 24, 2015

best movie!

this is my all time favorite movie ever. Savannah Smiles is a movie i remember watching as a kid. i remember loving it then and i still own a copy because it's such a good film. for the most part, it's clean. mild language - at most (maybe damn - once). nothing worse than that though. no sex, nudity, blood, etc. some younger kids may be a little saddened by some parts - particularly the end. but they did a nice job of making anything that might appear "scary" into funny instead - slapstick. it is worth saying that the main character is a little girl who runs away and returns unharmed - possibly happier. that isn't the best message to children and when i show it to my kids, i plan to have a talk with them about how unrealistic that is. it's worth a watch. this movie is absolutely charming and a great family film! BTW - the main actress is no longer alive. sadly, she passed away at a young age.