All parent member reviews for Saw 3D

Parent of a 2 year old Written bypattyxx April 1, 2011

its epic
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycone March 18, 2011

Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Extremely gory morality film for mature audiences

The Saw series has gotten gorier and gorier as its gone along, and this film is by far the most graphic yet. The series hasn't abandoned its positive messages and moral themes, but this is still much too bloody for kids. As with the other Saw films, this is extremely violent. Characters are forced to mutilate themselves and others to stay alive in a series of deadly "games", and this film also contains quite a few point-blank murders (which is unusual for the series). Blood and guts are here in high amounts, and dismemberment and disembowelment are commonplace. It's also worth nothing that the film has a steady stream of swearing, including the f-word and the c-word. One police officer is portrayed as a brutal. murderous psychopath, though most of the other police officers are portrayed and good and effective. On the plus side, there isn't any sexuality, drug use, or nudity, and the film does have a very positive message attached to it. The film attempts to show the negative effects of cheating and lying, and takes a strong stance against hatred and racism. Even though this film has a positive message that is very rare in modern horror, it's much too graphic for children. I strongly recommend this film to adults and older teens (16-17+) who can handle the film's violence, but it's really not a movie for everyone.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 1, 2012

not for kids.

this seventh franchise movie saw is the final chapter of all the saw movies and just like all the saw movies this one is extremely boring and a waste of time and this horror movie is not for kids only adults can handle this type of movie and parents you need to know that saw 7 has a lot gory violence filled with crazy deaths such as wound-cauterizing, torn-up faces, face-stitching, bodies flying apart in different directions, tearing flesh, ripping limbs and jaws, face-smashing, internal bleeding caused by a fishhook, eye-stabbing, hanging, teeth-pulling, machine guns, and stabbing and there's also non-stop constant strong language used.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 April 17, 2012

Horrible Movies !

i saw this movie redbox it was terrible leaves with no answers i see all of these saw movies first two movies are my favorites rest is horrible ! i don't think any kids should watch these movies is very graphic horror movie they nothing graphic gory is very Disturbing !
Adult Written byDKR725 February 2, 2011

I want to play a game

This is a review of all the saw movies put together, because they are all so similar that there is no point in me writing 7 reveiws on the same movie. Obviously, saw is famous for it's parades of ultragraphic violence. The thing is, you see so much that it actually gets boring after awhile. Amazing as it may seem, I do believe that even a young teen could watch these movies. The only downsides are the blood and language.
Adult Written byNicky0505 November 13, 2010

Violence is only for 15 yrs and up

I think it only for 15 yr old and up because it got a lot of violence in the movie.
Adult Written byA5H13Y November 2, 2010

Judge using your child's intellectual development...

Some of the other Saw movies were criticized for using strictly gore to obtain appeal (e.g., Saw III). However, this one seems to rely more on storyline. I am a fan of the Saw movies, but I do not think that they are necessarily appropriate for children less than 14 years of age on average. Of course this is a simple estimate - children average greatly. I would say perhaps determine what your child watches based on his or her intellectual development. I believe "honors"-type students in general are able to handle movies such as Saw much better than a child who does not perform well in school. I can definitely say that throughout high school I observed children following these trends who I thought would or would not be affected by a movie such as this. I strongly believe that parents should consider their children intellectual development when determining if they may watch a specific movie. * side note: I am 18. The "adult tag," although true, may be misleading. Perhaps CSM should create a "Young Adult" tag because I do not believe that those who are 40 should be in the same category as those who are 18.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byflychick34 November 1, 2010

i like it but nt for kids under 17
Adult Written bykhan2705 October 31, 2010

bad............ and not for kids at all

i have just seen Saw 1 and now the final one, i don't think i need to see the rest of them. i hope so. its all the same old excess BLOOD, GORE, extreme torture, Body parts falling....... but this time in a unnecessary 3D. don't know about the rest of them but this one was just fine , not bad. Critics are seriously hating it. as far as blood and torture is concerned it was great (OMG can't believe i am actually saying that) this movie must be just same as the other one, since i haven't seen the rest of them i liked it. the whole environment atmosphere and the suspense that is created. after watching the rest i may scream enoughhhhh .... and change my review but for now , this movie was ok. story and screenplay is weak ofcourse as usual at many places. Movie was shorter than I expected, about an 1hr and 30min. was hoping it be longer since it was wrapping up the series but it is what it is. Saw 3D didn't have an incredible story, it had a slightly predictable twist but the bottom line is it wrapped the franchise up, answering (most) questions and was a fun film along the way. If you have seen the others and enjoyed them then you can't afford to miss this. As for the '3D' aspect, that wasn't necessary either. Most of the traps looked fake, and the 3D was a little over the top. 'Saw' just jumped on the bandwagon in an attempt to get more money. After this ludicrous end to the series, I only consider the first 'Saw' to be worth watching.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 30, 2010

Could have been so much more...

Now, when you think Saw, you probably think something along the lines of nasty, gruelingly grisly, and bloody. Well, you're right about that. This installment may have some of the most disturbing imagery I have ever seen (and not seen, since I looked away after a split second of seeing the ghsatly images). That being said, this wasn't the most disappointing finish to a franchise ever made (let's not forget Spider-Man 3, which was highly diappointing). The acting is decent enough (especially a surprising Cary Elwes, who's usually known for more comedic roles). Some of the twists were good, the story was interesting, and the traps were ellaborate and sometimes entertaining. But, it's the gore-level that ruins this movie. Don't get me wrong, I understand that it would be difficult to have a specified torture movie wihtout some graphic imagery, But, come on, the director could have left some images to our imagination (so they wouldn't be so grisly and horrific). Also, this wasn't a great end to a series like this. I really enjoyed the first one, because it was more like a psychological thriller than a full-blown gorefest. This movie tried to bring some of the original back, but, ultimately it failed. If I was in charge of the film, I would have included the survivors in the final game, have a better final twist, and give Cary Elwes more screen time (a lot more). Parents: This movie is not for kids at all. The images here would give strong-stomached adults nightmares. Plus, there's strong language, but, compared to the rest of the movie, it's nothing. Bottom Line: If you are a fan of the series, don't get your hopes up, but maybe you should see how it ends (the opening and ending are actually really good). Some questions (including a long-running one) are answered, and some are not. If you aren't already a fan, try some of the other movies and decide after you've watched them. If you hate gory films, I highly suggest you try The Social Network. It's a masterpiece. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Adult Written byNEVER SIGN UP F... October 29, 2010

okay for 17 year olds but dont say no kids.

iffy for young
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 October 26, 2010

Gorey for the 14 and under!

Its not a totally ADULTS ONLY!!!!!!!! movie, but it is still something to watch out for, because of the gory traps. If your kids will imitate it, Its a no.
Adult Written byDAWu123 October 26, 2010

Nothing enjoyable about it.

Obviously lots of gore. Plenty of cleavage. Plenty of bad language. No good messages or admirable role models. Thumbs down.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 September 26, 2010

ONLY FOR ADULTS!

Saw 1 was amazing but after saw 2 THEY JUST GOT INTRESTED MORE ON TRAPS/GORE! reason i quitted saw