All member reviews for Saw

Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 December 21, 2010

Great for mature tweens-teens

I'm 13,and I thought this movie was terrific. I mean, I'm a horrer movie connesuer, I've been raised on Chucky, Jason X, etc etc. I found this movie to have an interesting plot though, and the acting was actualy pretty good. I'd say definantly go for it for 13:)
Teen, 15 years old Written byDKRUMBLE725 October 8, 2009

BEST MOVIE EVER !!!!!!!

This movie and its sequels are the best! The violence was partially disturbing but these movies are still my favorite. The only thing i would warn parents about is the over excessive use of strong language (too many f***s) but this is still a must see horror film even though they get blodier each movie. I cant wait for SAW 6.
Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2010

A stupid slasher movie

Another pointless slasher movie not worth even looking at the front cover it has no story its just blood gushing annd people being tortured with constant bad language this movie is not a horror movie its not scary it has no real surspence at all but of course this is my opinion you dont have to take any notice to what i say.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThehatter32 June 7, 2010

Desensitization

Yes, the movie-makers of today are pushing it, and yes, it is grisly. This is surely not a scary movie. Of course you wouldn't let your 12 year old watch it, but older teens mature at a variety of ages, some much quicker than others. Why must we lump every teen into the same category, and deny them their maturity? I love horror movies, and that is to no fault of my parents, for I snuck them for quite some time. It's not like I didn't get punished for it. There is violence that is obviously fake and overdramatized, and there is drug-abuse, and self-mutilation. Who is to say that these things don't already happen? Who is to say that having a teen see these things isn't going to benefit them, when they see the consequences of what the drugs, etc. lead to? You call it desensitization, I call it an awareness of the world around us and how screwed up it has gotten. People in our history books have done much worse than this man, and I don't see you complaining about them. Besides, he tells you to appreciate your life. Minus the deaths, it is a good message to live by.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 24, 2013

More stupid than scary

Teen, 14 years old Written bySecretAgentPalin July 16, 2011

Saw isn't as bad as you think.

Saw has a reputation across the country as being very,very gory. That statement fits the later sequels. But the first Saw is very low-budget, so you see quite a bit of blood (and some guts), but there are few shots of direct violence. And those shots are not very gruesome. But nevertheless, this movie will most likely be disturbing to anyone who watches it. THIS IS DEFINITELY NIGHTMARE MATERIAL. This movie will be fine for any teen that plays M rated video games, or has seen R rated violent movies before. The positive element to Saw 1 is that it will make you think. It's not a believable great movie, but it does show what humans are capable of. And it will encourage you to reflect on your sins. Even though Jigsaw's misdeeds are malign and aberrant, and these actions should never be promoted. Young viewers should also understand this is an extreme fable, and not to be mistaken for reality. 14+ for bloody violence, grisly images, and strong language.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Need to be 18+ :/

VERY GRISLY, ND VIOLENT! but there is a lesson! criminals desirve to suffer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythedigitalmastermind January 27, 2011

An amazingly greusome horror film, but great characters and plot

This movie is a truly gruesome, grisly movie. It has gore galore! But it does have an interesting and complex plot that intrigues the viewers to keep watching till the end. You even sympathize with the main characters, but it's hard to sympathize with Jigsaw, even with his dying from cancer. It's a great horror-thriller, and has some great scares and kills, but is graphic and disturbing even to the most hardened gore fan.
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2011

A whole bunch of crud!

I spit on this poop!
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byfamilydude134 April 14, 2015

I saw this recently. It didn't bother me that much. The others are more gory, grotesque, and send a chill up your spine disturbing
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMovieAddict April 10, 2015

Amazing

It depends on your perspective of the movie, you can either see it as a blood fest, or {like me} you can see it as a great way to study about the physical and psychological limits a human can bare, call me heartless, but this movie is for the gore and adventure loving.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIanMcT January 3, 2015

Infamous horror film doesn't live up to the hype, though still maintains a strong plot.

Saw is a well made horror film that is normally discarded by parents as an option for kids because of it's infamous title, as it should be, in most situations. When picking a movie, keep in mind your child. Just because one child may be horrified by what they see in films, this in no way means that your child will be. This film is very violent, however all of the violence in this film occurs off screen. (You only see the victims face) This still can be very disturbing. I didn't find it bad myself, however I can easily see how many would. It's well done, however it's slow, unlike the sequels. I suggest going with another film, even though this film has helped define the modern horror genre.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy November 26, 2014

Very intense

Violent, but not as violent as its rep suits it to be. Tons of strong language and some disturbing scenes. Also some sexual references
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah November 17, 2014

The best romcom ever! (Plus the black guy didn't die first)

What can I say about SAW that hasn't already been said, its romantic, sweet and is really funny although it has no actual jokes in it. I think I'll start with the relationship between Jigsaw and his many lovers and the way he sets up fun and interesting ways to keep the relationship alive. He sets up these elaborate games for them to enjoy and play for his sexual amusement... Bang Bang O-block, skudda!
Teen, 14 years old Written byComputerGuy365 November 5, 2014

Great movie, not nearly as gory as the sequels

I'm sick and tired of people saying that this movie is very gory and bloody without them even have seeing the movie. "I read it on wikipedia" you have not seen the movie you cannot say anything about it. Different people perceive movies different ways. Yes, the later movies are very gory and bloody. THIS MOVIE, being the first one is not very gory. Most teens age 13/14+ can probably handle it. Only the first one however. Like I said, the sequels are much more gory compared to the first one. While it does not have much gore, there are many extremely disturbing scenes that I would not recommend to somebody who gets scared easily. One thing I do not understand is why CommonSense gave the movie 1/5 stars. The movie plot itself is very good and definitely less gory than the sequels. While there is horror involved, I feel that this movie is more of a mystery or a thriller rather than a horror. Great movie overall, I would recommend this to someone who likes a bit of a scare, but nothing too bad. Do not watch it if you cannot handle blood. Overall 13+, depends on the kid.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrave day November 3, 2014

Not nearly as bad as it is portrayed

This is quite violent but not nearly as bad as people say it is Sex & Nudity 2/10 Violence 8.5/10 Language 6/10
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieBrowser October 29, 2014

NO NO NO!

This movie is horrible do not watch. It's not the movie it's all the stuff in the movie that is terrible. The movie isn't but everything in it is horrible trash that is not good to fill yourself with. Terrible messages (acctully no message), terrible launguage, and terrible filthy launguage. I'm warning you this movie is not good to watch!
Teen, 14 years old Written byspring_sweaters October 23, 2014

Depends on the Person

I greatly enjoyed the whole SAW series, although what they lack in realistic fake blood, they make up for in a decent story line. I've always enjoyed gory films, no matter how bad the story line, but it really does depend on how squeamish you are. The 'Reverse Bear Trap' (personally, my favourite trap) really scarred my friend and resulted in us having to watch 'Frozen' twice in a row just so she could get over it. Despite the fact that this is considered a 'sadistic' film, I honestly think there is some good messages in here about learning to appreciate life (the guy controlling it all did have cancer and believed certain people didn't truly appreciate having a fully functioning body). Overall, would say this is a great Halloween movie, but know yourself before you watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBazza844 October 18, 2014

Very good movie!!

This was my first ever horror movie and I absolutely loved it! There wasn't really any jump scares or creepy moments, but it still can effect you in other ways as well. There are references to suicide and much swearing including s--t, f--k and many more. Also there is quite a lot of blood as well, so make sure that you are fully prepared to watch it :)