All member reviews for Scared Shrekless

Halloween "scary tale" is a real treat for families.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJerrQ January 28, 2014

Good to see characters from the previous films returning, including Prince Charming, as well as Lord Farquaad's abandoned castle. Some scenes may be frightening, including the "Bride of Gingy" and "Shrekcorsist".
Parent of a 3 and 14 year old Written byLuvNGreenKoolAde2 January 25, 2011

Lots of Laughs for any age!!

My 3 yr old laughed so hard....it sounded like it came all the from his toes
Parent of a 1, 4, and 9 year old Written byJetmom October 30, 2010

This is one of those cartoons that is really for adults. It spoofs adult movies. It portrays a smothering girlfriend as scary-- not a message I want to send to my boys. It spoofs The Exorcist, which is not funny if you understand what it is portraying. Yes, most went over my preschooler's head but I was uncomfortable watching with my 9 yr old! It wasn't even funny for the kids.
Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2010

Awesome!

It's really funny. My Mom and dad liked how it was based on some scary movies you never want to see. It was also a bit scary to. Like in gingeys story ( like the bride of chucky my sister said) the bride cookie got thown into a mixing bowl and then it made a whole bunch of bride cookies and they got gingey. But then shrek and his friends found out he was not telling the truth.Then in puss and donkeys story the were staying at the motel ,that one was a bit scary. Then there was this other one were shrek was the babysitter and pinnocho throwed up on him. Then shrek scared donkey ( with help from fiona and the kids). It ended with them egging the sevan dwarfs. Over all I really liked it, all kids over seven will not get scared. The first story was a bit disturbing though, It was not scary to give anybody nightmares i think. It was so funny when they were at the information booth ( as seen in the first one) and they were singing a scary song. It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 5, 2014

This is awesome

The Stories are fantastic I loved Puss and Donkey's story best, Shrek's story was cool and Gingy's story was amazing
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

Brillaint but....

It was brilliant for me because im 10. But i think younger kids may be a little scared or confused. But its your risk, for me, the tales and stories were brillaint. I give it 4.5 stars!!!
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

Yeah

It may be a little scary for young kids but is fun for kids 8 plus
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byEvilstepdad January 23, 2012

A bit too edgy for kids below 12?

Both my kids (8+) were uncomfortable watching this. The hanging, etc. is a bit close to the edge. We ended up turning it off at my younger one's request.
Adult Written bymejai1 November 3, 2011

This should come with a warning for parents

My 9 year old didn't find this scary at all, but the spoofing of original films really went over his head. I, on the other hand, would like to never see anything related to The Exorcist. Blame it on me seeing it when I was way too young. The synopsis was very vague as to what the movie was about.
Parent Written byMazz October 29, 2011

grandmother to two grand children who have watched all shrek movies with enjoyment.....I found this short movie Sick..do i want to subject my grand children to this sick humoor....Definatley NOT....will not be having any involvement with shrek again.......Do we really need to witness hanging even if it is a wooden toy...

Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 30, 2011

A shrekish parody of some scary movies and tales.

Besides the title representing a bad phrase, the special isn't to bad. Kinda freeky though, but still makes you laugh. Might be a tad bit scary to the little ogre lovers watching this. A ginger bread girlfriend for beloved charecter Gingy comes back from the dead as a zombie to become his eternal sweetheart. Pinnochio gets possesed saying that voices in his head are telling him what to do and he does a bunch of creepy stuff as well as violent actions. Including a gross scene where he vomits.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

Looks cool

Have not seen it, but I want to see it so bad! Shrek is awesome, he would make a very great halloween special! I know it. but I never knew there would be some swearing in it so I hope my parents will let me watch it. I bet they will because I have watched many movies and TV shows with swearing in it and It would be funny if donkey got waffles for halloween instead of candy because he loves waffles so much! But I dont know if it is actually going to happen because I have never seen it and all the shrek movies are funny and have funny jokes in it and I bet they will have one about waffles? I will watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysamlovesbtr November 9, 2010

pretty cool :)

haha i loved it. it was too funny. both my 9 yr old brother and i watched it :)