All member reviews for Scary Movie 5

This dumb, raunchy series should have given up the ghost.

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2013

I Love it!

I liked this movie! I saw it in the cinemas today, It is very raunchy but hilarious! a part that made me embarresed was the lesbian sex part. there are lots of funny scenes and swearing the f word is only used once. Australian Raiting: M (mature) American: PG-13
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd April 15, 2013

avoid this movie at all costs even if someone pays you to watch it

Personally I never seen the movie but I know it's gonna be stupid based on the concept/plot and the trailers and another thing all 5 movies in the series are dumb,stupid,idiotic even though I have never seen any of them
Adult Written bySkifcha April 16, 2013

Boring and not worth the money.

I saw this movie with my husband and it was pretty boring. There were a group of children sitting in front of us probably not much older than 12, and they were laughing at everything. Part of me thinks this movie was made for that age group simply because all of the adult humor is so dry and bland no one who could understand it would laugh and anyone else wouldn't get the joke and wouldn't laugh either.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead April 14, 2013

Iffy for 13+

This is a new raunchy movie with violence.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2013

11 duhhh

go see it its awesome and im only 11 hint hint
Parent Written byShivom Oza April 16, 2013

Scary Movie 5 (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – WATCH, Only If You Prefer This Genre!

‘Scary Movie 5’ is the fifth film in the ‘Scary Movie’ series. Presenting its brand of unbridled crass humour, the film spoofs renowned names such as ‘Paranormal Activity’, ‘Mama’, ‘The Cabin In The Woods’, ‘Evil Dead’, ‘Inception’, ‘Sinister’, ‘Black Swan’, ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’, ‘Insidious’ and ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’. I frankly believe that the ‘Scary Movie’ series is not supposed to be taken seriously. So, those looking for cinematic brilliance, go watch something else. The film encompasses innumerable cringe-worthy scenes, abundant toilet humour, fair amount of obscenity and the lamest of gags. However, they do manage to entertain. So, the purpose is served. You will find this film immensely funny, if you have a fair idea about the aforementioned sources, which have been parodied. There’s a small gag at the beginning of the film, involving Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan. This is a fairly silly, yet funny, rip-off of the ‘Paranormal Activity’ series. Lohan gets possessed and ends up killing Charlie. The couple’s 3 children are trapped inside the dingy-looking ‘Cabin in the Woods’. They are encountered by Snoop Dogg and Mac Miller, who initially visit the Cabin hoping to score some fine weed. The kids, who have grown to become a bit animal-like and eerie in their mannerisms under the influence of their ‘Mama’, are taken in by their uncle Dan Sanders (Simon Rex) and his partner Jody Sanders (Ashley Tisdale). Thereafter, most of the film is a take-off on the Jessica Chastain horror film, with the occasional tribute (?) thrown in to films such as ‘Inception’, ‘Black Swan’ etc. This film is what you would call ‘time pass’ in colloquial terms. Certainly, this film would be a better bet than watching a big-budget drag of a sci-fi film or a listless, meandering, meaningful (self-proclaimed) motion picture. Watch out for the rip-roaring sequences involving the couple’s Hispanic house-help, Maria (Lidia Porto). The lead actress of the film, Ashley Tisdale looks stunning and is absolutely hilarious. The take-offs on ‘Black Swan’ are also certain to evoke guffaws from the audiences. The special appearances (Snoop Dogg, Mike Tyson, Usher, Bow Wow among others) perfectly get tailored into the insane plot. There’s humour involving sex, dope, faeces, ghosts, amputated body parts, the works! This film was unabashedly, and unapologetically, silly. Yet, it was funny. Plus, it’s only 86 minutes! Shivom Oza
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great April 17, 2013

Horrible

Terrible movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byBuffyPotter April 20, 2013

EXTREMELY TRASHY

terrible movie and extremely trashy. Ashely Tisdale went from *Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure* to this EXTREMELy trashy movie. In the movie theater, there were literally SIX people in the audience and creepy teenagers and old men laughing at all the explicit and trashy humor. The lesbian scene branched from the R-rated movie Black Swan and portrayed it in an unfathomably distasteful way. I wouldn't let teenagers see it, or adults, it will seriously make you feel mad you wasted a good $9 to see a movie that would have been better with headphones and your eyes closed.If you really want to see scary movie 5 just to see what all the hulabaloo is about, wait to rent it on redbox when you are feeling bored. Save your money and skip this movie. One star movie.
Parent Written byDan G. April 17, 2013

Unfit for human consumption of any age group.

Aside from being an unfunny, stupid, and gross movie, it is just one objectionable thing after another for children. Nudity and sex, explicit homosexual behavior, poop 'jokes' out the wazoo, religious irreverence, profanity, f-words, and other rude and crude language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 April 27, 2013

mediocre spoof sequel is not that bad; has its funny moments and its unfunny moments...

While this movie was not that good at all and not as good as 3 and 4, it's very mediocre but not that bad. Not as bad as I expected. It definitely has lots of painful and juvenile, unfunny moments but it also has its share of quite funny moments including Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan, Snoop Dogg and Mac Miller in the woods, the Inception part, and the scene where they were implying "it" with a bunch of images were hilarious! It's not a good movie at all, it's kind of a bad one, not really that bad, just mediocre. Definitely not as awful as the Friedberg and Seltzer spoofs. Overall, it has its funny moments and its unfunny moments which makes it kind of bad, not that bad, just mediocre. Not as bad as I expected...
Teen, 14 years old Written bySecondSider June 10, 2013

Don't be fooled! Go for Young Frankenstein or Airplane! instead!

I knew this movie would be bad in the first place. It was the hype along with the idiots from my Grade 9 French class, whom I can tell were already being fooled by unfunny humour and offensive and rather unpleasant gags. It's like they just go and see it because what they like is being parodied! "Scary Movie" was stupid to begin with. The whole series was just plain horrendous! No real humour, or even any affection for what it's parodying! And as the Nostalgia Critic said, "this is why old parodies are forgotten." Do not watch this movie at all there are no creative jokes at all. Watch something like Young Frankenstein, Airplane!, Hot Shots!, or Spaceballs instead. Those are REAL FUNNY SPOOF MOVIES! The ads are lies. Do not trust the ads for the latest parody movies, as they are making more money out of something you will be disappointed with. I'm able to resist these bad spoofs. But then, watch something like Young Frankenstein instead. That is 10 times better than this piece of garbage of a "parody."
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2013

Kinda Funny

Kinda stupid but funny. Some scenes may be intense for younger children.
Parent of an infant, 5, 7, 10, 14, and 18 year old Written byJoejoejoejoe April 27, 2013

Funny!!!

Amazing hilarious
Teen, 15 years old Written byRonnocsille15 August 25, 2013

Viewer descretion is advised

Very funny good plot but a lot of sex and sexually refrences im 15 but i have seen it and mind you what most children are exposed to can be much worse i just saw you would have to be nuts to let you 9 year old kid watch This
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 29, 2013

TERRIBLE!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 3, 2013

The smartest one

I chose 17 the movie is great and mature ,but its hard PG-13 movie and a really easy r .so it should be NR meaning as in not rated . By the natural association rating of America this movie is not rated as in Nr .the movie focuses on dedication .while they say this movie is a horror thriller it is not.they just say that to thrill people. It just a normal comedy film.by so far this is the bets film in the scary film franchise. Don't bother to see the other scary movie films .there just stupid .but scary movie5 is good.all the way.but some dirty content.language includes one use of f-k several uses of s--t b-lls a-s c--p and more .parcial nudity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two girls in a shower are shown soaping each other naked.there breast are shown .brief shots of penis.linsey loam makes a tape of kissing another guy in bed.besides the sexual content and language thre is a lesson and are role models in this movie as usual jokes are based on stereo types,poop jokes and solidly humor characters never seem to learn any thing let alone lt awareness make things easy.i give this movie 4/5stars and say its a great movie for ages 17 and up because I'm 16 and I did not find it that suitible For me 16 + 1= ages 17 and up .the age system that I have is using math and calculating the age .thats what I usually do.17is what they mean by mature . You know how is for mature because it mean under 17 requires accompanying parent or that's r today's rating system is a whole lot different from the 1900 's rating System I'm Daniel khan . But watch if you only like or prefer this kind of thorough but likable movie ///film
Teen, 13 years old Written bymhubble2 September 19, 2013

Dissapointing, But Funny. Anyone is is Mature is good it watch it

I am 13, All I have to say is haha, It is in my opinion dumb, there is no point in it. I really think anyone who know cuss words and is around the stuff that's in this movie then I think they would be good to watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 31, 2013

Pretty ridiculous but still delivers it's laughs

Really ridiculous movie, but don't go into it expecting an academy award winner or else you will not enjoy it. It consists of some crude sexual content from beginning to end, but most of which is played it out for laughs and is very comical. There is a brief scene of nudity which consists of a man turning around to see that his pants have no back side and his butt hangs out for a couple of seconds. There i violence but all of it is played for laughs and is extremely comical, but there is one scene where they make fun of the new evil dead and they have comical violence and gore shoot up, but this scene is made for laughs but may frighten younger children. There is language, but PG-13 level.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2013

Well, not the best. But OK.

This film is not really for the ages 11 and under. But parents, know yor child, you may want to ask them what is the point of this film's point of view. SCARY MOVIE 5 is very dumb and 50/50 funny depending on your humor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 June 13, 2013

C+

Pretty Good. Just not as good as the previous ones. I think they should have just kept the previous cast. It looked better in trailer.