Kid reviews for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Scary but very entertaining movie based on classic books.

Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2019

BEST MOVIE EVER

This is a great movie that anyone who loves a bit of jump scares should watch!
It is mostly blood less. The monsters are scary enough for the movie not to need blood.
I recommend this to everyone!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThunderWing October 20, 2019

A quirky and unsettling frightfest

Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark is an action packed, intense and very frightfully quirky horror film. It contains a few intense scenes including a man that gets turned into a scarecrow (he is stabbed through the chest with a pitchfork and then proceeds to pull out hay from his mouth while he splutters and chokes) another scene in the movie involves a vomit-inducing pimple on a girls cheek that hundreds of spiders burst out of, leaving her to wriggle around on the ground screaming as they envelope her. There are a few expletives in the film (mostly s---). Sexual references include one of the characters stating that he's never had sex before, the term 'stiffy' is also used once. This film is a good watch for teens over 14...

Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2019

BRILLIANT!!!

I love the jumpscares and how its not too scary but still gives you the chills.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMOVIEFANATIC011507 September 25, 2019

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Review

now this was a scary film but not that scary i still was entertained by it and i enjoyed the film but this is not for a younger audience it has a few scares and some parts are just disturbing. Overall 8.7/10.
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2019

Good movie.

This movie is good. There are a few jumpscares but no serious scary scenes. Fun movie for tweens and teens who enjoy a good jumpscare.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarchewa September 18, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeetusthatfeetus September 17, 2019

Great creepy movie for 10 year olds

I liked this movie a lot. In fact I saw it twice. I didn't find it scary though. The only reason I am giving it a 11+ rating is because my friend had to leave the theatre she got so scared. but BEWARE! some scenes can be quite disturbing such as (SPOILERS) when tommy gets stabbed by Harold and the entire jangly man scene. Not much profanity and a pretty decent movie. I would definitely recommend!
Kid, 10 years old September 9, 2019

BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!

This is my favorite movie not to scary and I love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byConkltay1 September 1, 2019

Good Movie!

I think this movie can be really scary at some points but for the most part it isn’t that violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkidzingy10 August 31, 2019

Worth watching!

I watched this film at the cinema and thought it was great! If you enjoy horror movies you will love this. Sound effects are amazing and tie the movie together creating atmosphere. I think this is suitable for anyone above 11. This film doesn’t really have any cursing or gore. If you have a child that is ok with a scary movie and you know it won’t frighten them they’ll be fine but overall brilliant film

RECOMMENDED
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileebrookes August 29, 2019

Really good!!

It was a really good movie and I hate horror movies my friends and I saw it and it was really good the trailer is misleading and WAY scarier than the actual movie!! I think that young teens would enjoy it
Teen, 15 years old Written byShootingstar2018 August 28, 2019

Great for mature 13 year olds and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byLuxy Productions August 26, 2019

Scary, but well made

I think the trailer is more frightening than the actual film, personally, I myself have not seen the film yet, but I have seen clips of it, and I can tell you that the trailer should be rated 15+.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheatre.kid August 25, 2019

Scared Me To Death

Alright, Alright. I’ve seen some pretty scary movies, like Us, It, and I saw this yesterday thinking it was going to be no big deal. I was wrong. I looked away for every creepy scene. I wanted to leave the theater. I had my ears plugged almost the whole time. When I got home I was actually shaking and on edge. But regardless, they did a really good job with the effects and the scare factor. And it is the scariest movie I’ve ever watched in my life.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2019

This is scary!

It makes you jump and scream really loud!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJOSullivan15 August 22, 2019
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2019

This book based film has some jump scares and definitely will entertain tweens

Language: 5/10
Sex/Nudity: 3/10
Violence/Action/Scariness: 7/10
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 2/10

Language Is Not A Major Problem But Some Is Definitely not appropriate for younger children. It includes s**t, a**hole, he’ll, And Some other milder potty language and exclamations, there is some brief racial comments. Sex is not a major problem either but there is some innuendo and sexual references, a character has a pen with a sexual but not nude image. No nudity. There is no very strong violence but there are plenty of jump scares, scary/Disturbing images, Action Violence, and non- graphic or bloody decapatation. No blood except for mild cuts. There is no drugs or smoking but teens drink and do look intoxicated. empty beer cans thrown. The film is PG-13 so parents should not expect R rated horror elements such as blood. overall ok for 5th/6th traders and older. Tweens as young as 9 though many enjoy it but due to Language and distrubing Images I feel it should be 11+ for caution.

I would give Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark a PG-13 Rating for violent/disturbing images, terror, Some Language, Thematic material, And Some Innuendo.

Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2019

good but scary

this movie is scary but i like it i read the book the book is not scary

Teen, 16 years old Written byTbird26 August 12, 2019

Fantastic horror movie of the year is for mature audiences.

I loved this movie. If you have read the book like me at a very young age, you were really looking forward to this movie to the big screen and boy was it worth it! The creature designs are spot on. The jangly man was invented entirely for the movie and worked great for the movie he felt like a character just like in the book. This movie is really good but it has disgusting moments in the film if you have a weak stomach. Otherwise it isn’t too bad. It has racial slurs and other bad language but nothing too extreme. It also has some blood but not a lot. The movie mainly focuses on disgusting tension building scenes and frightening imagery. People with arachnophobia may find one scene very disturbing. But its meant for mature teens. But is a good horror movie starter for most. I would give Scary Stories to tell in the Dark a 85/100
Kid, 0 years old August 12, 2019

Really good

I love this movie 15 + is good if your mature 10 + Is good.. me and my dad so it we loved it...