All member reviews for School of Rock

Standout Jack Black in nerds-become-cool comedy.

Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2010
awesome movie!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli J March 6, 2011

Hilarious movie for pre teens!

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byPAFC June 3, 2010

One of Jack Black's best unoffensive efforts; great music, fun rock references

Our family loved this movie. While the language is a little strong, compared to other movies that are rated the same, it is relatively mild. If your children like rock, it is a lot of fun. If you are a family who tolerates no swearing whatsoever, or if "kick some ass" would shock or offend you, then it's not for you. The overall message is that uptight kids use their skills to create a rock show, a slacker finds a calling and realizes what is really important in life, and forgiveness abounds.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 24, 2009

bad language!!!!1

lots of swearing (yes even out of the mouths of children) adults say the words (you can kiss my ass, i'm sexy, i'm not a sex freak anymore, shut up, and hell) kids say ( shut the hell up, shut up, and stupid head,and ass) The badest thing is there learning all this from there teacher. and when a kid writes a song and performes it on stage this the biggest line in the whole song "todays assiment kick some ass"! This movie is a very bad influence on kids 10 and under because if they see ten year old and adults saying those words and that the teacher in the movie say it's a good thing to say those words they probably will end up saying them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

On of the funniest films ever!

The hilarious screenplay for "School of Rock" is made even better when the main character Dewey is played by the famous comedian Jack Black. Even though the movie is filled with laughter and fun, unfortunately, there's some instances of language and a scene where someone gets drunk.
Adult Written byMovieMan101 April 9, 2008

THE SCHOOL OF ROCK

THE SCHOOL OF ROCK is the most suprisingly good movie of the year! I loved the little kids who rocked out!!! Parent Preview: Sexual Content: none except some very mild innuendo Language: Minor, minor swear words Violence: none Drugs/Alcohol: none Commercialism: none except constant rock n roll references My Rating: PG for some language/innuendo
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2015

SO FUNNY!!

one word, AMAZING
Parent Written bybabymonkee May 5, 2014

School of rock , rocks!

while the main character is not really a good role model (as a teacher ) and starts the flim only thinking about himself .He does have a very possitve effect on the children.Apart from that its just a really cool and fun family movie!
Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

Funny movie

it is a funny movie, but i think it is for four and up
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Its Ok

Well, Jack Black was good, but the movie wasn't. It was original though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 November 6, 2010

LOVE IT

LOL! This is one of my all time favorite movies! Simply hilarious!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

School of Rock

It really is a great movie with small amounts of profanity and sex references. A couple uses of a*s, damn hell, pissed off, b!tch. A man says im pretty sure ive touched them too! will go over kids heads, a man says i am not a satanic sex god anymore. ok for 9+
Teen, 14 years old Written byGengar14 March 14, 2014

Hilarious

A funny comedy packed with laughs. I saw this movie when i was 6 and has been my favorite ever since, some younger kids may not get some jokes, situations etc. over all a great movie 12 years old+. violence: 0/10 language: 4/10 name calling. sex: 0/10 a girl says s*ut
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 29, 2012

school of rock

Families can talk about how much Dewey loves rock 'n' roll. Why is it so important to him? What does it allow him to express? How does School of Rock compare with other movies you've seen about starting or performing in a band? What's the most important thing Dewy learns from the kids, and what is the most important thing they learn from him?
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

hello

The most funniest movie ever (only contains the a__ word and one use of who__)
Adult Written byChrissy505 February 17, 2009

Hilarious!!!

I loved this movie!!! Jack black is funnier than ever and so are the kids acting with him even though some of them weren't even actors (lead gutarist Zach is soooo cute as an 11 year old I wonder what he looks like now...) The movie is great but be warned don't let kids under 12 see Jack Blacks video diary under the bonus features you see a blurred butt-shot of him. The movie itself isn't bad at all except for a few inappropriate references nothing bad happen on or off screen except for some drinking.
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo February 5, 2016

Hilarious, but lots of drinking and swearing.

Although this movie is (I think) the very best of Jack Black, it's not for everyone. First of all, there is a lot of swearing. "S--t," "bitch," "pissed," "a--," "stupid-a--," damn," "hell," and "slut." As for drinking, there is not much to say. Yes, there is frequent drinking. Yes, the main character goes on a date with the principal and she gets drunk. And yes, the main character is an alcoholic.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPoptropicapop January 30, 2016
Adult Written byjimmypage October 19, 2015

We Roll Tonight To the Guitar Bite!

I first watched this when I was 8, so Im gonna go put 8+ as my recommended age :) Best movie for me, very inspirational. I actually got my first guitar after watching this, and I bet others were inspired to go be in bands after watching the movie. The soundtrack is a blast. I first heard a Led Zeppelin song from this movie, and I've been the biggest fan of the band ever since. It's got a lot of laughs, too, and although it involves the protagonist deceiving children, you just have to forget that tiny little detail and enjoy the movie!
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2015