All member reviews for School of Rock

Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2010

awesome movie!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli J March 6, 2011

Hilarious movie for pre teens!

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

On of the funniest films ever!

The hilarious screenplay for "School of Rock" is made even better when the main character Dewey is played by the famous comedian Jack Black. Even though the movie is filled with laughter and fun, unfortunately, there's some instances of language and a scene where someone gets drunk.
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 November 6, 2010

LOVE IT

LOL! This is one of my all time favorite movies! Simply hilarious!
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

hello

The most funniest movie ever (only contains the a__ word and one use of who__)
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Its Ok

Well, Jack Black was good, but the movie wasn't. It was original though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

School of Rock

It really is a great movie with small amounts of profanity and sex references. A couple uses of a*s, damn hell, pissed off, b!tch. A man says im pretty sure ive touched them too! will go over kids heads, a man says i am not a satanic sex god anymore. ok for 9+
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2015

Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

The Rock Movie

This movie has great taste in rock. I was never really a fan of rock I was more into pop. It's a whole new side of music. He teaches the kids that the have the potential to rock out. Dewy Fin teaches the kids about rock to enter them into a rock band competition called Battle of the Bands. It is a great inspiration to see that kids my age can be so musically talented.
Kid, 9 years old January 26, 2015

A Must See

Stop saying this movie is for 12 year olds. Kids should be raised to know the real world. I'm 10, and I know about a lot of stuff I shouldn't know. For instance, I got the crack reference in the movie. I got the groupie reference. Heck, kids learn this in school! Back to the movie. Exellent and hilarious. The kids cussing makes it amusing.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2014

school of rock is awsome!

i like the part where he give a lecture on the man!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGengar14 March 14, 2014

Hilarious

A funny comedy packed with laughs. I saw this movie when i was 6 and has been my favorite ever since, some younger kids may not get some jokes, situations etc. over all a great movie 12 years old+. violence: 0/10 language: 4/10 name calling. sex: 0/10 a girl says s*ut
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

Very funny, fun to watch with friends

I absolutely loved "School of Rock"! It was a very funny and unique movie, perfect for a "family movie night" as it's movie that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

School Of Rock~THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FILMS!

Dewey Finn(Jack Black)Loves Rock N' Roll,So Much.But,When He Gets Kicked Out Of His Band,And May Be Forced To Be Kicked Out Of His Home,By His Friend Ned,Who Used To Be In A Band But Is Now A Substitute Teacher (Played By Mike White,Who Helped Screen Write The Film)And His Girlfriend(Sarah Silverman)He Needs Money.Quick.But,When A Principal(Joan Cusack) From A Local School Calls,Asking For Ned To Sub,Dewey Pretends To Be Ned,And Starts To Sub A Fifth Grade Class.Instead Of Teaching Them math,Science,Writing,Or Any Of That,Dewey Develops A Plan To Teach Them About Rock Music So He Can Get The Kids To Preform In The Battle Of The Bands,So He Can Get Money To Pay His Rent.Will They Win?Find Out In School Of Rock. Content Review: This Movie Could Have Gotten Away With A PG Rating,Considering Films Like ''The Three Stooges'' Did And That Had Worse Content Then This!Some Drinking Scenes Where A Principal Gets Drunk,And When Dewey Talks About Hangovers To The Class.Some Sexual Content,But Very Little.Frequent Swearing,A%s,Sh@t,And More.This Film Is Better Then ''Nacho Libre'',Another Mike White And Jack Black Flick Where Jack Black Is A Wrestler.Anyways,This Film Is Great,The Cast is Great,And The Songs Are Great(You'll Have ''Teacher's Pet'' Stuck In Your Head For DAYS.)~switchfootfan
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 2, 2013

Rock ON!!!

It's really good. The movie is all about the drive to do what you want to become better. It also teaches about standing up or "stickin it to the man".
Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 19, 2013

Jack Black Is Awesome

Its so funny!
Kid, 9 years old June 10, 2013

GREAT MOVIE!!

Great movie has a lot of positive messages but only a few positive role-models the main character mentions getting a hangover to a class of ten year old kids a principal of the best school in the state hates beer but gets drunk anyways it has a lot of the use of the word @$$ a lot and 2 or 3 uses of $h!+ not too many but a couple people hold cigars and cigarettes. All in all it is a great movie- one of the best I've ever seen.
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2013

Great movie with some iffy language.....

This movie is for 8 and up.I think that this movie has positive messages as well as role models, but the language is iffy. It is VERY inspiring with a not so cheesy plot line. Parents who are strongly cautious of swearing may not want their child seeing this movie. This movie contains some slight innuendo. Parents with children who repeat everything they hear should not let their child or children watch this. I think it is a good movie, but still slightly inappropriate.
Kid, 9 years old March 31, 2013

School of rock

School of rock is a great movie for all ages should be pg not pg13 also there is a bit of language
Teen, 13 years old Written byExtremeAlex77 March 29, 2013

Should be PG

School of Rock is an awesome movie with a really good message to never give up, and to fake an idenity which I bet gets to a lot of kids. This guy in the movie had a tattoo on his chest that said "sex" which is a little innaporiate. Language isn't really bad they use the d, and h word, the b word is used only once Dewy tells his students to get off their "a*s" and do some math which is a little innaporpiate. Dewey was trying to get money to stay his rent which is a little conserimum. Violence wise guitar smashing, and yelling is pretty extreme.