All member reviews for School of Rock

Teen, 13 years old Written byExtremeAlex77 March 29, 2013

Should be PG

School of Rock is an awesome movie with a really good message to never give up, and to fake an idenity which I bet gets to a lot of kids. This guy in the movie had a tattoo on his chest that said "sex" which is a little innaporiate. Language isn't really bad they use the d, and h word, the b word is used only once Dewy tells his students to get off their "a*s" and do some math which is a little innaporpiate. Dewey was trying to get money to stay his rent which is a little conserimum. Violence wise guitar smashing, and yelling is pretty extreme.
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2012

This is a ok movie

ithe only thing bad about this movie is when the teacher and princible go to a bar. also the teacher (jack black) is at the beginning a bad role model stealing his best friends job. But he truly cares about his kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAazi November 3, 2012

Epic!

There IS an ISSUE of LANGUAGE but kids will enjoy the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug October 7, 2012

Just watch it

I saw this when i was really young so i dont totally remember it but i know that i LOVED IT!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2012

Hilarious

The movie was great and I laughed throughout the whole movie. It's one of my favorite family movies. I wouldn't recommend to younger kids, but maybe some mature tweens, due to a bit of language. I also really don't understand how this movie is PG-13. It should be more of PG.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabel13 August 26, 2012

Good movie

I saw this movie today
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

hello

The most funniest movie ever (only contains the a__ word and one use of who__)
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover June 8, 2012

A laugh out loud comedy, you'll want to watch it again and again. But best for older kids and teens.

Great movie, if you can stand crude humor, drinking, smoking, and some sex references. The plot is about a guy named Dewey Finn, who's in a rock band, but is kicked out, and is forced to find another job.He pretends to be his roommate, Ned Schneebly, in order to get a job as a substitute at a private school. He then starts teaching the kids how to be in a band, in order to play in Battle of the Bands, and possibly win 1,000 dollars. There is cursing, including f**king, d*mn, ass, and b**ch. There is a scene where Dewey takes the principal out to a bar and gets her drunk. I'm sure there's some other stuff that I'm missing, so be sure to look at other reviews to get more info on what you need to know, if you need to know anything else. Overall, great movie, laugh out loud comedy, but best for older kids and teens. This is besides adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygoldenlion666 April 28, 2012

school of rock

love it
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 March 10, 2012

jamejb

Other-than cool Guitar Brand's this movie is Clucky and Cheesey
Kid, 10 years old August 30, 2011

great for Pre teens

I LOVED this comedy. One of my favorite movies but its a great choose for Pre teens just some drug references, language, and some tense situations.
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2011

Tweens and teens :)

The only good film Jack Black has been in, well done. Language is pretty strong though, and this isn't PG-13, it's PG. It says that on DVD. 8+ will love this!
Teen, 17 years old Written bycommin August 17, 2011

School Of Rock Thing

I think school of rock is a great movie for kids 13 or up.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2010

School of Rock: Poor Story

I personally thought that this movie had a pretty poor story in general. The language wasn't to bad, although the movie gave the message that it was all okay in the end even though the false teacher lied to the kids in his class as well as they're parents, which I thought was a bad ending, and message for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopcornlove July 24, 2010

Absolutely Jack Black's best movie yet. Ridiculously funny and not too slapstick. The jokes are witty and the songs are catchy. What more could you want from a movie? Although there is some language, drinking and Dewy is not exactly the best role model for most people (lazy, drinks). But overall this movie is fine for kids 10 and up.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2010

One of my favorite movies. Even though he gets drunk and pretends to be a substitute teacher. It's an awesome movie. ROCK ON!! :D A good family movie and it's funny too.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2010

good movie, not too many swares

It's a really good movie...one of my fav movies!
Teen, 16 years old Written byYadad May 2, 2010

Funny

It's really funny. The language isn't too bad. It teaches you to stick it to the man.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2010

Great rock movie but language is to stronge for young kids.

Jack Black stares in a wonderful, rock, kick butt, comedy about a class that becomes a rock band. But of corse theres Jack Black in this movie so you can exspect a fair amoutn of bad language like: "Ticked off" "Idiot" "Stupid head" "Loser" and some more. A bad thing about this movie is that the teacher played by Jack Black teaches 5th grade kids how to say swears whenever they get made so young kid maybe influenced to do the same. Overall great, funny movie. Just iffy for 9 because of language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypyscojoker February 20, 2010

this movie is great probably just one rude scene when mr sneably says i have touched your kids meaning emotionaly but the parents think of it in a nasty way