All member reviews for School of Rock

Standout Jack Black in nerds-become-cool comedy.

Rock on!

This is the most rockin' movie ever. This movie makes people think about the spirit of rock!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

PG needed

this movie isn't that bad. I'd give it a PG rating.
Adult Written byJennifer H. April 9, 2008

The children in this movie are amazing!

We love this film. It's so much fun to watch Jack Black interact with the kids. There is some mildly offensive language, but we let our kids watch this movie because of the amazingly talented children in it.

Bad movie that should have never been produced

I feel this movie has strong language and drug issues. People and kids may find Jack Black cool in this movie, but I feel this film is not right for children under age 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWuvBooks April 9, 2008

Fun movie!

This may not be a great movie for young kids but a awsome movie for kids 11 and up! This movie is very fun to watch!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

PG-13?

Everyone 8+ should see this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKeds43@aol.com April 9, 2008

Great!

I know this is really sad, but the only reason I watched this movie on TBS one night was because Adam Pascal from Rent had a small part in it (Theo, the guy who kciked Dewy out of the band). I didn't expect much, considering Jack Black was playing the lead. But boy, was I wrong. This was a hilarious, rock 'n' roll film. The kids are great musicians, especially Zack (Zack Attack) the guitarist. Tamika (Turkey Sub), Alicia (Braceface), and Marta (Blondie) are great singers. Miranda Cosgrove plays her very annoying charcter, Summer Hathaway, perfectly. And Joan Cusack was so funny as Ms. Mullins, especially during the bar scene. I am surprised this movie is not PG, because the humor is not as bad as a lot of PG movies, and there's only a couple times they curse. Little Giants got away with a PG, why couldn't this? Overall, a very good movie when you feel like you need a good laugh.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Awesome

One of my favorites! I first saw this movie in 6th Grade at school. My teacher goes crazy every time something funny happens.
Adult Written byPal101 April 9, 2008

Terrible movie

Thought its boring its certanly a good movie for kids.

my mouth mucles burst

super super super super good
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Probably Black's funniest and most entertaining film!

This movie is hilarious and entertaining. Parents, most kids will like it. Almost all, in fact. Its really funny. However, there are some things you should know about. First of all, I, personally, think the PG-13 rating is bad. It should have been rated PG. Do not drop this movie just because of the PG-13 rating, because most stupid modern comedy films are rated PG-13. Yes, there is some language. Only a little bit. Sometimes the characters mention the words "sex" and "sexy", only once or twice, but they don't say the words very loudly or in bad ways. No violence at all here. The only other thing you should know about is that a person does get drunk and is persuaded to do something while she is drunk. So there is some drinking. And Dewey is not really a good role model for kids. Also, this mvoie is about rock music. I mean real rock music. If you don't want your kid anywhere near rock music, then I recommend they shouldn't see this film. Its hilarious and entertaining, but proceed with caution. Actually, I change my mind. I guess it barely makes it to the PG-13 rating. However, this is one of those modern comedy films that is funny without all the sex-related humor and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysportgamer April 9, 2008

Best Movie EVER!!!!

This movie is awesome. It's really funny, at every part of the movie and very entertaining
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic April 9, 2008

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

School Of Rock is my FAVORITE MOVIE!!! It is awesome. There is really nothing wrong with this movie!!!
Adult Written byhappy77801 April 9, 2008

Very funny movie

My kids(8, 10, 13)and I loved this movie so much. We own the DVD and have watched it many times! There is some mild swearing, but nothing too bad. Ms.Mullins mouths the word "bitch", which is the worst word, but kids wouldnt even know what she was saying. I definitely recommend this movie.

not great

boring!!!

this is one of the best movies ever!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm123 April 9, 2008

Makes you want to join a rock band!

This movie makes you want to join a rock band! It's iffy on language, social behavior, and content; but, the plot does not center around it. Just watch this movie, and you'll find yourself picking up the soundtrack and maybe some ACDC. JUST SEE IT - TRUST ME.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Very funny

One of Jack Blacks cleaner, and funnier, movies. I liked it a lot, and even my nine year old sister got a kick out of it without me having to earmuff her or explain something to her to many times. It really wasn't a bad movie, and it is one of my favorites.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKatGirl94 April 9, 2008

The language was a bit much...

I really enjoyed this film because I come from a very musical family, but I think the language was unnecessary. I don't think that this movie should be viewed by young children, but it is a must-see for teenagers!