All member reviews for School of Rock

Standout Jack Black in nerds-become-cool comedy.

Kid, 11 years old September 21, 2010

awesome movie!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAli J March 6, 2011

Hilarious movie for pre teens!

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byPAFC June 3, 2010

One of Jack Black's best unoffensive efforts; great music, fun rock references

Our family loved this movie. While the language is a little strong, compared to other movies that are rated the same, it is relatively mild. If your children like rock, it is a lot of fun. If you are a family who tolerates no swearing whatsoever, or if "kick some ass" would shock or offend you, then it's not for you. The overall message is that uptight kids use their skills to create a rock show, a slacker finds a calling and realizes what is really important in life, and forgiveness abounds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

On of the funniest films ever!

The hilarious screenplay for "School of Rock" is made even better when the main character Dewey is played by the famous comedian Jack Black. Even though the movie is filled with laughter and fun, unfortunately, there's some instances of language and a scene where someone gets drunk.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 24, 2009

bad language!!!!1

lots of swearing (yes even out of the mouths of children) adults say the words (you can kiss my ass, i'm sexy, i'm not a sex freak anymore, shut up, and hell) kids say ( shut the hell up, shut up, and stupid head,and ass) The badest thing is there learning all this from there teacher. and when a kid writes a song and performes it on stage this the biggest line in the whole song "todays assiment kick some ass"! This movie is a very bad influence on kids 10 and under because if they see ten year old and adults saying those words and that the teacher in the movie say it's a good thing to say those words they probably will end up saying them.
Adult Written byMovieMan101 April 9, 2008

THE SCHOOL OF ROCK

THE SCHOOL OF ROCK is the most suprisingly good movie of the year! I loved the little kids who rocked out!!! Parent Preview: Sexual Content: none except some very mild innuendo Language: Minor, minor swear words Violence: none Drugs/Alcohol: none Commercialism: none except constant rock n roll references My Rating: PG for some language/innuendo
Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

Funny movie

it is a funny movie, but i think it is for four and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 November 6, 2010

LOVE IT

LOL! This is one of my all time favorite movies! Simply hilarious!
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2012

hello

The most funniest movie ever (only contains the a__ word and one use of who__)
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

Its Ok

Well, Jack Black was good, but the movie wasn't. It was original though.
Adult Written byChrissy505 February 17, 2009

Hilarious!!!

I loved this movie!!! Jack black is funnier than ever and so are the kids acting with him even though some of them weren't even actors (lead gutarist Zach is soooo cute as an 11 year old I wonder what he looks like now...) The movie is great but be warned don't let kids under 12 see Jack Blacks video diary under the bonus features you see a blurred butt-shot of him. The movie itself isn't bad at all except for a few inappropriate references nothing bad happen on or off screen except for some drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

School of Rock

It really is a great movie with small amounts of profanity and sex references. A couple uses of a*s, damn hell, pissed off, b!tch. A man says im pretty sure ive touched them too! will go over kids heads, a man says i am not a satanic sex god anymore. ok for 9+
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2015

Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

The Rock Movie

This movie has great taste in rock. I was never really a fan of rock I was more into pop. It's a whole new side of music. He teaches the kids that the have the potential to rock out. Dewy Fin teaches the kids about rock to enter them into a rock band competition called Battle of the Bands. It is a great inspiration to see that kids my age can be so musically talented.
Kid, 9 years old January 26, 2015

A Must See

Stop saying this movie is for 12 year olds. Kids should be raised to know the real world. I'm 10, and I know about a lot of stuff I shouldn't know. For instance, I got the crack reference in the movie. I got the groupie reference. Heck, kids learn this in school! Back to the movie. Exellent and hilarious. The kids cussing makes it amusing.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2014

school of rock is awsome!

i like the part where he give a lecture on the man!
Parent Written bybabymonkee May 5, 2014

School of rock , rocks!

while the main character is not really a good role model (as a teacher ) and starts the flim only thinking about himself .He does have a very possitve effect on the children.Apart from that its just a really cool and fun family movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGengar14 March 14, 2014

Hilarious

A funny comedy packed with laughs. I saw this movie when i was 6 and has been my favorite ever since, some younger kids may not get some jokes, situations etc. over all a great movie 12 years old+. violence: 0/10 language: 4/10 name calling. sex: 0/10 a girl says s*ut
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

Very funny, fun to watch with friends

I absolutely loved "School of Rock"! It was a very funny and unique movie, perfect for a "family movie night" as it's movie that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2013

School Of Rock~THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FILMS!

Dewey Finn(Jack Black)Loves Rock N' Roll,So Much.But,When He Gets Kicked Out Of His Band,And May Be Forced To Be Kicked Out Of His Home,By His Friend Ned,Who Used To Be In A Band But Is Now A Substitute Teacher (Played By Mike White,Who Helped Screen Write The Film)And His Girlfriend(Sarah Silverman)He Needs Money.Quick.But,When A Principal(Joan Cusack) From A Local School Calls,Asking For Ned To Sub,Dewey Pretends To Be Ned,And Starts To Sub A Fifth Grade Class.Instead Of Teaching Them math,Science,Writing,Or Any Of That,Dewey Develops A Plan To Teach Them About Rock Music So He Can Get The Kids To Preform In The Battle Of The Bands,So He Can Get Money To Pay His Rent.Will They Win?Find Out In School Of Rock. Content Review: This Movie Could Have Gotten Away With A PG Rating,Considering Films Like ''The Three Stooges'' Did And That Had Worse Content Then This!Some Drinking Scenes Where A Principal Gets Drunk,And When Dewey Talks About Hangovers To The Class.Some Sexual Content,But Very Little.Frequent Swearing,A%s,Sh@t,And More.This Film Is Better Then ''Nacho Libre'',Another Mike White And Jack Black Flick Where Jack Black Is A Wrestler.Anyways,This Film Is Great,The Cast is Great,And The Songs Are Great(You'll Have ''Teacher's Pet'' Stuck In Your Head For DAYS.)~switchfootfan