All member reviews for Scooby-Doo

Too scary for most kids, too dumb for most teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byusherrocksworld3 November 20, 2010

PG-13 should be

totally PG-13 both of the films they're good
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Scooby-Dumb not Scooby-Doo

A horrifyingly bad Scooby-Doo movie. Rude humor, some scary scenes (for young viewers). It's idiotic, unfunny and a real mess alongside awful acting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrylock September 10, 2010

Shaggy.

Not the best Scooby, but it works. Pretty adult.
Adult Written byhdofu December 8, 2009

Not really for kids, more a satire for older Fans

In all honesty this movie is not appropriate for children at all. To start off, they play Velma off as a Lesbian, there are blatant references to pot smoking (Shaggy is with a girl named Mary Jane for crying out loud). The movie could have been good had they targeted adults or just significantly cut back the toilet humor, (the farting contest and burping contest really ruined it for me). Overall if you watched scooby doo as a kid, put the kids to bed before watching this if you don't want them exposed to stuff bordering on PG-13.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byMonicaMom August 28, 2009
It seems like other raters including CommonSense Media didn't actually watch the movie! I only saw the last half, maybe less, and it was awful. It was scary and violent for young children, but to me that wasn't the worst part. Many girls were dressed in very skimpy clothes (extremely short shorts, lots of cleavage showing, etc.). After reading the CommonSense Media rating, I let my 8-year-old daughter watch the movie with her father because she likes Scooby-Doo. As only one other rater seemed to notice, there was a part where Fred and Daphne's bodies were switched. Fred, inside Daphne's body, said very happily/sexily: "Hey, I can look at myself naked!" while he (she) looked down and smiled at Daphne's breasts/cleavage. Then Daphne, in Fred's body, watched Fred (in her body) touch himself and said "get your hands off me!" but Fred was very disrespectful, wouldn't listen to her and kept touching her body (which he was in). Later she said "Fred keeps touching me!" There was also one subtle reference to drugs/being high that I noticed, when Fred's character says to Shaggy (in a paranoid voice like someone who is high and hallucinating), "Listen Man, someone must've spiked my root beer last night!" Then he assumes it's a bad trip and he's high and asks Shaggy to help him come down from his drug high he thinks he's on: "Talk me down, man, talk me down"!
Adult Written bysupermonkey9440 February 17, 2012

Pretty Good!

I loved it! It's not an Oscar winner, but they did a great job casting live versions of the animated characters, and the plot was pretty good. I'm 18, and I still love it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 October 5, 2009

i'm now seing the movie i wrote what i saw :) PARENTS READ it'll HELP

daphne looks too s*xy to grumpy different from the usual daphne... fred is egoist and also very different... disappointing... Daphne says at the beginning "im having a "wedgie" (underwear stuck inside her) wearing visible tight underwear "it dosent stop touching my... (and dosen't continue) word meant here is "A*S" talking about the ghost carrying her. Fred says "I'm a man of substance; dork chicks like you turn me on, too" fred is a womanizer and shaggy too farting and burping competition (huge extended one) between shaggy and scooby Shaggy says marry jane is his favorite name and is like over happy to hear that the girl he likes is named like this mary jane = marijuana Scrappy when saying "puppy power" at the same time pisses on Daphne in a kind of iffy disturbing disgusting way She then says "oh god he's peeing on me !!" and he says "ooww" in a happy proud way,,,, Fred says : no urinating on daphne fred says to scooby " when u cleaned ur beans..." i don't know what comes to the mind in this phrase but it dosn't seem nice.. "ur mom eats cat poop" said twice by shaggy and scooby Fred says " hey i could look at myself naked" when possessing daphne's body and then has a peak on his/her breasts then he starts touching himself including breasts and daphne in fred's body screams to "stop" touching her "Fred keeps touching me" again.. a guy trying to get shaggy shaggy accidently hits him on his genital area, the reaction of the man is explicit "kicking b*tt" + iffy clothing and some drinking + zombies and souls monsters real ones not masked people i won't let my 10 year old sister watch this useless movie...
Parent Written byRoznar July 27, 2012

It's not Scooby-Doo. It's something bad.

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 16, 2012

Great adapation of a great cartoon!

This movie was SO COOL! The characters were funny as well as the jokes.
Adult Written byflowerblossom April 9, 2008

its not that scary

I dont think this movie is that scary, or maybe its my kids? They find scooby doo hilarious, and mostly because they love the dog itself.... in this movie he dances and is a big goof ball as usual, which the kids love. My kids don't tend to be scared of much though, and we talk a lot about how movies are made and that they are not real and we often watch "the making of" part of the dvd. My kids have a very realistic view of what is fantasy and what is real... so as with any movie, just talk about it with your kids.
Kid, 8 years old July 9, 2014

Good Movie

Scooby-Doo is a great movie with brief sexual jokes and language such as "freaking" and "naked". It has some scary images and drinking, but overall I thought it was pretty good.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Pushing the limits of PG.

Violence: The creatures may scare kids. Some intense scences, espacially for a PG rated film. Sex: When Fred gets inside Daphines body he says "Hey. I can look at myself naked". Some other sex related issues.
Adult Written bytalfonso July 10, 2010

Disgusting, Yet Good!

Although I don't recommend this movie for those under ten, this movie is a great watch! The part when Scrappy urinates on Daphne cracks me up every time!
Adult Written bynduns August 2, 2009

It's okay

Not a great film, but it did manage to make me laugh. WHY DID SCRAPPY HAVE TO BE THE VILLAIN!? A) He's an annoying character and B) He's not supposed to be evil. Where did the writers get this idea that Scrappy's arch-nemesis is Scooby? I thought Scooby was his hero. Now to mention something I'm amazed Commonsense missed as the film put a lot of emphasis on it during certain aspects: Sexual jokes involving Daphne and Fred. In one scene, Fred ends up in Daphne's body and grins saying "I can see myself naked" and there's constant scenes in which Daphne keeps telling Fred to "stop touching her". Seriously, CS, how do you not notice this stuff?
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2014

Scooby-dooby, doo, where are you?

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles This is a good movie don't get me wrong, but there might be some things that are too intense for some kids. There is violence obviously, there is language, uses of damn and b***h, and there is "sexy stuff" too. Daffini and Shaggy kiss, and in the DVD it has the deleted scenes, and there are girls shaking their butts, and a girl in a bikini in the locker room deleted scene.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

GOOD AND SCARY FOR TWEENS AND UP

Sex: 3.5/10. Innuendos. Violence: 7/10. Some scary creature action, people possesed at times, glass shattering, motorcycle chase, scary on a PG-13 scale. Language: 5/10. B*tch, some milder profanities. Drugs: 4/10 Some references to Marijuana. Frightening Scenes: 6/10. Creature violence, brief glimpses of limbs. Total: 25.5/50. I give this movie a 3.5. Not for young tweens.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycarcarlicarcarli March 15, 2013

Awful

I am very disappointed with this movie! Language is not appropriate, women wear clothes that are way too tight. Nothing like the classic show. I would not suggest watching this if you have children under the age of.............. well, just don't watch this at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz November 25, 2012

Scooby-Doo is too scary for most kids and Scooby-Doo is too dumb for most teens.

Scooby-Doo has more intense, scary special effects than you'll find in the cartoon Scooby-Doo features.
Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2011

They say "b*tch".
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2010

perfect for everyone unless you love to complain

daffony showen that she is stronger than a man and girls dont have to be a damsel in destress but fred shaid he could look at himself naked