All member reviews for Scream 2

Slightly milder sequel to the post-modern slasher.

Kid, 11 years old March 29, 2009

A worthy follow up to the original masterpiece.

Scream 2 is a great follow up to the original masterpiece in every way. Now two years after the series of brutal crimes is back again, but this time it's happening in a different location and the kills might have a link to the previous kills committed in the first film. I have to say the sequel was really great. We had our favorite stars from the original such as Neve Campbell, David Arquette, Courteney Cox, and Jamie Kennedy. Also, the same directors and writers are back again with Scream. It's bloodier, it's gorier, it's scarier. What more could you ask? I also appreciated that they cut down on the suggestive dialogue from the original and went straight to the point with the murders. Fans of the original Scream will not be disappointed. For sexual content, a couple is about to have an affair. You see a female taking off her coat. But they are interrupted. Some sexual references and innuendoes. For violence/gore there are numerous amounts of killings and stabbings, mostly committed by the killer. In the opening scene a man is in a bathroom stall and he gets impaled in his right cheek with a knife, from the next bathroom stall. A woman is stabbed around seven times in a theatre and you hear screaming and see gashes of blood. In another scene, a woman is shot in the head numerous times. A woman is stabbed several times in the abdomen and thrown off a balcony. A man is stabbed several times in the arm, but he survives. A man is seen slammed against a wall and you see blood coming out. A woman shoots a man and you see gashes of blood. Many other violent scenes should be noted. For profanity, there are around 20 f words and it's derivatives, there are some s words, a words, uses of blasphemy, name-calling, b words, reference to "bang", mild profanes such as damn and hell. For consumerism, a woman watches the horror movie "Nosferatu". Characters constantly make references to old horror films. Characters get the "Ghostface" costume during a premiere of a film called "Stab". For drug content, characters drink and smoke, especially at a party being held. I would recommend this film to people that can stomach some bloody violence and that can take multiple swear words. There really is no sexual content, just some innuendoes. For violence, there are multiple scenes of the killer stabbing people to death. There are really no "positive" role models and it sends a bad message. Despite that, Scream 2 is a blast.
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2011

teens

There's alot of Gore and Violence, and Language. Good storyline, good ending, No Sexual Content. Ok for mature teens, or younger teens if you can handle blood!
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2014

BEST EVER

I LOVE IT
Teen, 14 years old Written byB-KMastah February 3, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byPeterE472 July 16, 2010

perfect for early teens

i liked it wasn't the scariest movie i've ever seen but it was ok
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 May 11, 2015

Self-aware sequel is a little of the same

I'm committed to binging these movies now, one "Scream" a day keeps productivity away. I have two more to go, and I hope I haven't peaked with these two. The best thing I can say for this one is the climax, which takes place in literally a very theatrical place. The showdown between Sidney and the killer is quite dramatic, maybe even AS good as the original. The movie makes clear self-aware references to the fact that it's setting itself up to not being as good as the original, which now, almost 10 years later is surely seen as a classic. But there was more to tell with Sidney Prescott's story. Now let's see if the third film just adds fat to the story or it can be a conclusive ending.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 31, 2014

Not as good as the first, but still is worth a watch

Scream 2 is not a bad sequel, but is still worth watching if you are a fan of the first film. Not really for kids, should be 16+ for a lot of foul language (f-ck included). Besides that, this is still a very violent film, a lot of stabbings with blood and shootings. One girl is thrown off a second story to her death. Characters seem to get killed and then pop up, alive. Parts like this are a bit unrealistic. As like the first, this movie has a lot of blood but not as much sexual stuff. Two characters make out and he gropes her breast, but no nudity. A man is referred to as a homosexual. Its not too bad for a slasher film, as many of them have much worse sexuality. Scream 2 is a lot like the first in scariness, suspense leading up to a jump scene that you know is going to happen. Pretty scary if you jump or get scared of suspense a lot, but not too bad if you don't. Its not that hard to tell when Ghostface is around, but can still be scary when he does show himself. Its not too bad for teens, but the intense language makes it a no no for anyone under 16 so 16+.
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz July 29, 2014

Pretty good sequel

It's hard to find good sequels. Especially in the horror genre. The first one is way better but this one is pretty decent. The violence is toned down a bit from the first one but still expect plenty of blood. The language is worse than the first one. Over 30 f-words. No sex in this one though. Great sequel!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 10, 2014

someone has taken there love of sequels one step too far.

Scream 2 is a good sequel to the original but is the worst of the four.Similar though less gore than the previous.Language,violence,drinking oh my.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNerd345 April 3, 2014

Still enough to creep me out!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviespoiler399 September 30, 2013

A bit more graphic than the original but masterfully scripted and acted

A rare sequel that measures up to the original on terms of excitement and scripting, although it's not quite the groundbreaker SCREAM was, and the characters aren't as developed, since the focus has slightly shifted over to raising the body count, as film buff Randy Meeks explains in the "rules of the sequel." Judging by this, you can guess it's as violent, with some of the noteworthy deaths including a character stabbed through the ear, another thrown off the balcony of a sorority house, and another stabbed through the eye with a metal rod by a speeding car (this one is probably the most intense, as we see him struggling to get free for a bit afterward). Yep, there's a lot of swearing too (mainly "f" words), and the college students are never shown studying, only drinking and pledging sororities. No adult content, save a little kissing, and Gale and Dewey start to get at it in one scene before they are interrupted. Still, one must praise the development of the surviving characters from the original (but be warned, one tragedy does arise midway through the film you probably won't see coming), as well as the witty screenplay's jabs at how sequels can never be better than the original. You decide for yourself.
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2013

NOT AS GOOD BUT OK

THE SECOND FILM NOT LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT GOOD STILL
Teen, 13 years old Written bySimonecromanten February 16, 2013

MITIC!!!!!!!!!!1

I think this is the BEST MOVIE EVER!!! IT's scary but never gore and the suspense is incredible!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharlietheunicorn99 July 25, 2012

Tales from a Teenager part 6

Don't believe the saying at the top. This one has more f-words, more violence, and way over the top drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 July 23, 2012

Scream again, or choose not to.

Well, it's a sequel. And now, the characters have moved on to college. And I may be 13, but even I know that when you go into college, things start to get more sexual than before. So, you would expect a lot of sexual content and refrences because its rated R right? Wrong. Suprisingly, 3% of the film contains anything sexual. There is this one scene however, when 2 main characters start to undress, but they stop before anything serious happens. Aside from the sexuality, the violence IS more/the same amount as the original movie, stabbings, blood, all that stuff. And there is this really brutal scene where a pipe goes through an officers eye. I was all like, "EWWWW!" So the violence has just got a hint of "Final Destination" in it. And of course, the swearing is back. But this time, it's pretty much the same. Although, the F word is thrown around alot. And the drinking just got worse. Last time it was a house party. This time, a whole fraternity and sorority (correct me if i didn't spelled that wrong) have a martini drinking party. If i were a parent, i would've sent those fools to jail. It is a sequel though, if you saw the first movie, don't resist watching this.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybenbenben01 June 28, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS

it is to scary for 11 and under my i saw it when i was 11 and i had night mares for a year i couldnt go to the bathroom without thinking F**k SOME GUY WITH A KNIFE IS RIGHT BEHIND ME so yeah i wouldnt let any 11 year olds see it. the only kindove posiyive message is what we see we do and thats not really good at all
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan May 31, 2012

Iffy

Iffy for 12+
Teen, 14 years old Written byrobinrunner March 8, 2012

Sleek, unique, and original, Parents might prefer this flick over Scream 1

Even better than the first, Scream 2 will change the way you'll look at scary movies- and make you realize that not all horror films are depressing and only features charecters no ones a big fan of. The movie really balances out bloody violence with comedy and entertainment which is why I think so many people loved it so much. Downsides: Words like Sh**, and F**k are said and there are still gorey scenes where Ghostface kills innocent victems. On the brightside, ther aren't any sex scenes and sensual and sexual comments are too a minimal. Theres one scene where you see a womens back as she's about to get into the shower, but that's as naughty as it gets
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 13, 2011

Second best scream yet.

This is awesome better than the first although not as gory you can watch this if your over 5 and very,very,very mature.The blood looks very cheesy and the violence is minimal not as scary as first one and language is ok you hear more than a dozen f bombs dropped at school a day.I watched when I was 6 wih my 3 year old brother it's not bad you shd be able to watch this if your mature